Animals & Bugs (D1, Late Evening)

Animals & Bugs (D1, Late Evening)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 pm

After tending for Geeko inside the stables –– making sure he would be able to watch Onnontangu, if the Moon Lord appeared -– Kitakuhume decides to stroll around a bit to watch the other animals, perhaps from other Clans.

If they become aware of the rareness of our steeds, I might suggest Ide-sama to place more guards around here.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Re: Animals & Bugs (D1, Late Evening)

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:01 pm

As if on cue, a scorpion arrived.

Soshi Taira seemed curious, as much as anything, as he wandered past the yak pens, and toward the stables. He'd heard the Unicorn rode horses, but it seemed hard to believe they all did.

Still, it didn't hurt to look, surely, and so he came to see just how many horses could be in one place.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 pm

After the dinner, Monkhbaatar made his way towards the stable. He had picked up an apple from the feast to give her as a snack and headed towards the horses. It was getting a bit late and would soon be time to sleep and he wanted to bid her a goodnight before he did so. Along the way though, he noticed an Asako that had slipped out of the dinner at some point and stopped to greet her.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:48 pm

"Oh, Shinjo-san! It is indeed an honor to meet you! Please, forgive my lack of composure, the excitement of the day has yet to abate. Were you retiring for the evening? I would not wish to keep you from your rest."
Phoenix Clan| Shugenja | Small Description

Fine Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan with Asako mon, a monkey named Chugo-chan, who conspicuously lives up to his name

Asako Sayuri

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:50 pm

"I was going to in time, but I was first going to say goodnight to Meushi. She is my companion in the stables," he says with a pleasant smile. "Perhaps a walk might help to calm the excitement? If you'd like I can introduce you to her."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Some trepidation creeps across Sayuri's face and turns into slight anticipation.

"Is Meushi your...horse? You can speak with her? Is this gift common among your people? A rider and steed, bound by bonds of duty and love, racing ever forward beneath Heaven's gaze..."

Sayuri trails off, captivated by her own imagination.

Fine Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan with Asako mon, a monkey named Chugo-chan, who conspicuously lives up to his name

Asako Sayuri

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:10 pm

He chuckles and shakes his head. "No, I can't speak with her. I'm just going to say goodnight and give her a treat," he says, before producing an apple from his sleeve. "Would that I could though, that would be pretty amazing. Are you a storyteller?"

"By the way, I'm Shinjo Monkhbaatar," he says in belated introduction offering a bow to her.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 pm

"Asako Sayuri." She returns the bow

"I am afraid I lack much skill with narrative...although I may be able to relay stories from another."

Remembering finally the extended invitation, Sayuri squares her shoulders towards the stables.

"I would be delighted to meet Meiushi, Shinjo-san."

Asako Sayuri

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:40 pm

"Alright," he says with a nod, and begins walking towards them. "I imagine like many others this is your first time seeing so many horses and ones this large as well? But while you've problem seen them in smaller numbers, there's really no comparing to the sight of a whole herd. It's like a painting made with 50 different brushes by 50 different painters, all with a keen eye for beauty. And then you can feel it living and breathing as you stand in it's midst."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Sayuri convenitenly deploys her fan, and conceals her mouth behind it, and she joins in the walk.

"If Shinjo-san's skill with words is merely common among his clan, than you shall have the whole Empire enraptured by midwinter. But you are right, as well as pleasing to the ear. In the Empire, beasts of this size are commonly hunted, or yoked to a plow. To see them serve in such an honorable fashion up close... I am looking forward to it Shinjo-san."

Asako Sayuri

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 pm

"I thank you for saying so. But really... it's just our connection with them that brings this out in me."

As they enter into the stables, Monkhbaatar nods to the guards and the grooms near the entrance. The herd becomes visible in the lantern light of the stable, revealing an enormous variety of coat colors and variations. He seems to be leading her along a roundabout path so that she can take in the vast number of steeds that are kept here. There is a smell to the herd that any Unicorn recognizes and welcomes but that she may find... pungent... though the Shinjo tries to steer her through the cleanest path he can find.

"It's almost like it's one being when they are all together like this. They look out for each other. When you see a herd of wild horses resting, they actually stand watch just like humans. The young and pregnant will stay towards the center of the herd when they sleep and the adults will circle around them looking outward to keep an eye out for danger. Perhaps it's that sense of community that makes us compatible with them."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:30 pm

"Facinating...the Tao tells us that it is our adherence to bushido that makes us human, but to see compassion and duty so revered by these creatures..."

Sayuri stops to look into a mare's face, breathing softly into the horses nostrils.

"Perhaps bushido elevates us above our basic state, ennobles us beyond what our flesh allows, in the same way your herd stands above mere beasts?"

Asako Sayuri

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 pm

"I'm not an expert on theology by any means-I only wish I were and it's something I aim to expand on now that I've recently passed my gempukku-but I think just as we are part of the celestial order with a hierarchy that leads from the Emperor all the way down to the lowest eta that there must be something similar for the animals of the world. From the mightiest beasts all the way down to the smallest insects. Perhaps it's not the exact same as our hierarchy, or even based on the same ideals or criteria... but I feel there must be some order to it that is at least similar to the Celestial order's function."

He speaks about it... not really knowing fully what he means or truly how to put it into words, but he has a feeling on the idea. After all. He'd rather come back as a Unicorn samurai than an eta on his next spin, just as he'd rather come back as a horse than a spider.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:17 pm

"Ah Shinjo-san," Sayuri replies, stroking the mare's nose, "your honesty does you credit, yet your perception does you more. For one unschooled in divine matters, you have remarkable instincts."

"Yet we cannot all be so fortunate, as I am certain I have not chanced upon your companion."

Asako Sayuri

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:27 pm

"Not quite yet. I've taken a longer route so you can see the variety of the herd. The truth of the matter is that there is also just as much variety in the blood of the Unicorn, though many of us also carry the blood of Shinjo-no-kami as well. Our years in distant lands saw us joined with many peoples that we came across and this had proven beneficial to us. Made us many friends and allies that kept us safe and strong while we were away from home. And now we bring that back to the empire so that we can share what we've found. Over time, as we reintegrate with the Empire that knowledge will become available to the Empire as well," he says.

"But like all wonderful things in this life we must take our time to learn and enjoy what is around us before we reach our final destination and start the next journey. For our stroll that destination is over that way a bit," he says smiling and pointing off in a different general direction. Right now though, we have company, stories and words to share."

"I've shared a bit about our herd. What is it that the Asako tend that brings them joy and helps them in their journey and duty?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Next

Return to The Stables