Evening visitor (day 4 late evening, Bayushi Hotaru's tent)

Re: Evening visitor (day 4 late evening, Bayushi Hotaru's te

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:58 pm

"Maybe! But I think I've been pleasantly surprised by all of the events so far. Even if I'm not good at many of them, I think trying them out is fun enough." She smirked and nodded soundly regarding the charms made by the Iuchi.

"I don't know I can infuse blatant mysticism into charms the same way as the Iuchi...but we do sell both charms and talismans at the Shining Retreat. The monks there are quite skilled with their hands and craft, and I personally bless them myself. Ema are quite popular over at the Temple and many of them are hung to gather the favour of the Fortunes. You can hear them rattling in unison whenever the breeze picks up."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 am

"I could probably use an ema myself, at the rate things are going," Baatar said ruefully. "Sometimes it sure feels like I could use the Fortunes' guidance when talking to people. I guess everyone needs the Fortunes' favor sometimes, though. Anyway.... Is the Shining Retreat particularly dedicated to Hotei? Or is it for all the Fortunes?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:52 pm

"I think we could all use a little wish fulfillment," she chuckled and she raised a finger to point out something. "But! We're still pretty early in the miai and it could turn around at any moment! The fates are hardly ever static."

"If you wish, I could read your fortune now," she said with a slight shake of the cylinder containter.

"We serve all of the pious that visit our temples, so we do our best to cater to each Fortune. However, we do put most of our attention to Hotei. We're pleased to cater however we can, it seems only right regarding the Fortune of Contentment, ne?"

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 pm

"Yes, knowing what my fortune is would be nice. But... uh... would you mind explaining how this method of divination works?" Baatar asked cautiously. "So I don't mess it up somehow." He looked a little abashed.
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 am

Hotaru chuckled a little. "With my method, there isn't exactly much for you to mess up, exactly. I'm the one who performs the divination and the reading. What do you have to do, really, is relay what questions or concerns you might have to me. I can narrow down my scope of my reading and give you proper answers so that it might give you proper answers."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 10:22 am

"Well, umm," Baatar temporized. "I'm a little worried about how this miai will go. I...I want to know how to make a more positive impression. Is that something divinerationing can help with?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 05, 2017 8:17 pm

"Uhm..." Hotaru murmured at first, even though she had to put up with such questions before. At least Baatar didn't ask if divination could cure a common cold. "Well, not quite...I mean, I suppose it can't teach you how to make a positive impression exactly. Perhaps you could consider the question whether or not you will make a positive impression with how you're proceeding right now or any changes you may consider to make that positive impression. The oracle can tell you whether or not it is a suggested course of action."

She held up a finger to make a point. "The fates typically involves an action or a position where a decision needs to be made. What you ask is getting into specifics of other more mortal matters."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 10:31 pm

"Huh ... well... I don't know what I should be doing," Baatar admitted, sounding a little frustrated. "That's part of my problem, I guess."

He rocked back and forth a moment, pondering how to phrase a better question for the Fortunes.

"Okay, I have an idea," he said after a pause. "We're here at the miai to meet potential matches, right? Can you ask the Fortunes what kind of match would be most suitable for me?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 am

Hotaru looked at Baatar, a touch unsure before she smiled once more and went along with it. "Ahm, sure! I think that's something I could manage to read from the Fortunes. It's quite doubtful that they'll go so far to give you actual names. There are qualities they will give me, perhaps we could focus on your match's personality or their potential destination and future."

"Let's see what in this match...What do the Fortunes recommend for you?" She asked as she popped over the container and laid down a stick on the floor space between them. Without counting a specific number, she separated the remaining sticks into two stacks, placing one on top and one on the bottom of the first stick. "We are the link to the Heavens and this realm, acting as vassals for their will. In a way, we are interconnected. Sometimes we are destined to meet and sometimes two threads will never cross each other, despite being alway close together. Most connections made are hardly a coincidence, merely what you've done to lead you there and the will for the Fortunes...Let's see what they give you..."

With that, she began her divination with Baatar's question into consideration. "Ordered discipline...transforming to oppression. I'm getting the sense that the Fortunes are suggesting that perhaps you consider someone who is staunch in their values and takes charge. Experience is a must, as straying off into the unknown and on a limb will merely invite misfortune. Oppression concerns itself with control and domination, but it also invites rebellion or underhandedness. Perhaps the Fortunes are asking you to seek someone who has a sure direction with life, though could potentially find themselves overburdened with their responsibilities, or stricken with adversity through the weight of their relationship."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat May 06, 2017 9:11 pm

"Huh... okay," Baatar said, pondering the meaning of the reading. "Seeking someone with a sure direction sounds okay. But what do you mean by 'oppression, control and domination' though? That ... sounds ominous."
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 am

Hotaru reread the results to make sure and gave Baatar a few nods. "It does sound rather ominous but not misfortunate. Oppression is an element of order all the same...there are different aspects of it and a balance required, like yin and yang. Perhaps we could think of this supposed person having far too much order in their lives that they need some aid in taking a step back to consider the bigger picture or finding some small freedom in their lives. Perhaps, that's where you could come in."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun May 07, 2017 10:12 am

"Okay," Baatar said, nodding thoughtfully. "Maybe I can figure something out from that. I bet I could help disorder someone's life! I mean... the Fortunes will it, right?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 5:40 pm

"They do, at least at this time. The Fortunes tend to change their mind and what people do affects their opinions as well. Unless mentioned otherwise, fates usually some purpose to see themselves come to fruition, especially if it's a favourable outcome that you seek. Ignoring isn't to make it go away either, but you play the dangerous risk of merely allowing opportunity pass you by."

She smirked. "Now, this isn't what I've seen in my reading, only my personal suggestion. Help does indicate some element that requires attention."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon May 08, 2017 9:57 am

"You're right, I must take action," Baatar agreed, nodding solemnly. "I... I need to get more serious about the miai. I won't let opportunity slip by."

"Thanks, Bayushi-san. That seems like good advice. Divinationeering is more useful than I realized!" He gave her a friendly smile.
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 9:03 pm

"That's certainly a start. You don't exactly get to where you are by waiting for it." She nodded surely in agreement, though wondered how far could Baatar actually go at the moment.

"Uhm, divination." Hotaru corrected him before she wore her smile again. "And it's no trouble at all! After all, you did come here to seek me out diviner and I just divined for you. I'm glad that you're pleased with my consultation! It's getting a bit late, however. Is there anything else I could do for you, as a diviner?"

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts