(Day 10, EE) Cherry on Top (Expecting)

Re: (Day 10, EE) Cherry on Top (Expecting)

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 11:39 am

That actually causes her to break into a chuckle. "There are ways, adoption being the most likely of which," she agrees. "But it might be hard to convince someone to make a child their heir who was not born of their family line. Anyway, one is supposed to be able to face death in the name of Duty... though I don't think this is quite what they were thinking of. I've done my best to come to terms with it."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 am

"You are a brave and thoughtful woman. Though forsaking laying together is indeed much to ask from a husband." Butaj sighs. "But Butaj can't imagine any Unicorn knowing what Butaj now knows would harm you this way. He would take a lover sooner to have an heir. Not all children are cherished the same, Butaj was not cherished too much because he is a bastard, but still was fed and trained and nurtured into adulthood so can have a new life soon." He smiles at her warmly, reassuringly. "Maybe it will be alright after all, this way or another."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 pm

"I honestly think it would be too much to ask," she says in agreement. "And my line is important to continue, as well, even if I end up marrying out. There's really not a way to end this without problems for someone." She smiled at him. "I feel a little bad for whoever has to marry me."

Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Butaj is scrambling looking for positivity. He rubs his stubble. "But you'll bring all the sweetness to the union, now with milk!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 1:52 pm

She laughs. "I try. Well, honestly, you make a good point. When you get down to it, it might be best if some poor child doesn't get saddled with my problems. Recognizing my husband's child might be a great idea, when I think about it more. Though that doesn't mean I have to deprive him, either." She looked thoughtful.

Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 1:59 pm

He nods. "Doji Ameka is very cute and Butaj can't imagine that her husband would be comfortable with giving up making love to her. Maybe there are better doctors and better treatments that would help you deliver a child to this world. It would be a beautiful one, and with a sweet tooth!" He chuckles. "Things sometimes work out and sometimes they don't, but Butaj thinks it's good to enjoy what we have, and hope and strive for the best. Sometimes new paths show up only as we go on."

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 2:09 pm

She looked amused. "I can only hope. I have to thank you, Moto-san... You've given me a different perspective and some hope," she says. "It seems like you have someone in mind... She's very lucky."

Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 2:44 pm

He smiles happily seeing her cheering up. At her question, he nods. "Butaj and Asako Yuki love each other dearly. It is Butaj who thinks he is very lucky to be so loved, especially that love is not a gift women of the East give lightly because of all the complications that follow. Butaj lives on hope that she'll be able to choose him. It is a good match for our Clans too." He looks at Ameka. "Doji Ameka is a dear and if Butaj had ways to help her find a caring and understanding husband he would. Butaj has no brothers but has a few good friends who are not yet married. If Ameka's chosen turns out not to be at this miai, perhaps he can help, knowing your circumstances. But Butaj's Shinjo brethren here are all good people so if Ameka can pick one of them, she has a good chance at happiness."

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 4:37 pm

"That sounds lovely, Moto-san. I wish you two the best, and I can assure you that at least you won't see any interference from myself," she assures with a smile. "I'll keep that in mind and consider my options. I did speak to Shinjo Taichi-san, and he seemed like a nice person." If a tad on the overconfident side... not arrogant, though, so that's something.

Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 7:09 pm

"That's probably because he's a nice person." Butaj chuckles. "The Unicorn rarely hide their true face. We speak with our hearts." He then bows his head to her. "And Butaj would like to thank you. The only way for Butaj to mitigate the rules of how we are paired is to find understanding and compassion for his dedication to Yuki. There is a great heart in Ameka's frail body and Butaj won't forget it."

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 7:22 pm

"No thanks are necessary for being a decent person... I would have to be deliberately antagonistic not to do that," she says with a laugh. "I'm sure we'll continue to be friends, anyway." She nods to herself. "Yeah... I'll think about everything you've said. It was a big help. Thank you."

"Are you going to the party later tonight?"

Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Butaj nods. "Butaj hopes to wrestle with Matsu Nintoku finally. We've been delaying it for too long." He glances at Huludai's saddle. "Wouldn't you like to ride a bit?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 pm

"That sounds like it'll be entertaining," she says. She looked thoughtfully up at the horse, then finally smiles and nods. "Sure... Though I'll need a boost."

Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 5:27 am

"Of course." He nods and momentarily stops to scoop her into his arms, then lifts her and places gently sideways into the saddle without much hassle or pause. He does it casually, without any attempt at groping. "Just grab the saddlehorn, Butaj will hold the reins." He says as he picks them up. Huludai has accepted her without adverse reactions, just a bit of neighing.

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat May 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Ameka looks surprised as she's effortlessly lifted into the air and onto the horse. She holds onto the saddle horn and leans briefly forward to stroke the horse's neck before settling more solidly. "Got it."

Doji Ameka

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village