[D10 LA] Flippity Flop

Re: [D10 LA] Flippity Flop

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 7:44 pm

"No." Butaj says quietly. Most of his emotions have worked themselves through during her approach. The most prevalent, the one he couldn't easily fight, were longing, regret and guilt. Longing for the future he genuinely wanted. Regret that it wasn't happening. And guilt that he has made promises which won't be fulfilled now, regardless of why it was so. His loved Yuki dearly, but there was a place in him that carried another affection, affection of a different kind. Butaj was too young and too unenlightened to figure out why it was so and how it really worked. But the thought that this may be their last meeting filled him with unbearable dread. "...Misa is no prize to be won, but a woman to cherish in every way by a man who she finds worthy. Butaj was ready to fight for a chance of this until... other choices were made. By Yuki, by Butaj and by Misa. To claim any right to do what Misa speaks of would just be... very bad. Butaj can't do this even if the desire to... hasn't gone away. He will lose this duel, or if he by some miracle wins he will just take Misa to his yurt for music and tea. But for all the faith he's broken, he wants to keep this one. So that Misa can take out on him that his heart has gone to someone else." He bowed his head.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Misa gave a small nod. She slowly took a stance, hand on the hilt of her blade, her smile softening just a little as she focused her body and mind. "If I do win... know that it will be a blessing to you and your future... a sign of my sincerity in wishing your happiness."

(Initiative = 17)
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Butaj assumes his regular warrior's stance, not knowing anything better for this. "Butaj has faith that whatever happens, it will be good for Misa."

Day 10 - LA - Iai of Fate with Misa - Initiative: 3d10o10k2 9
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Misa gave a soft nod. She listened to Butaj's breathing, listening to his breaths, his mood. It was a bit different from focusing on her sensei, but she kept her calm enough to know his mind on this, read his body's positioning.

(Assessment = 21)

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 8:03 pm

He has the advantage of eyes, but only in this moment he truly understands how attuned to her he has become regardless of everything else. In the dark he learned her breathing, her proportions, the work of her muscles, her subliminal reactions... for his level of ability, it amounts to near perfect understanding of her physical capacity.

Day 10 - LA - Iai of Fate with Misa - Assessment: 3d10 28
Last edited by Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 8:06 pm

Misa could tell Butaj was reading her, just as she was him. She wished him to. To know her as well as she wished to know him, despite the distance they would have. It was what she'd wanted all along.

(Focus = 33)

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Her ability is superior to his, he realises. And yet his senses align into close-knit web of attention in which here every movement is recognised, the rhythm of her body understood. He feels like his very soul reaches out to her, not the blade he is about to draw. But superiority is not the story fate is telling with them for them. A knot of karma is woven instead where she is tied to him and he to her.

Day 10 - LA - Iai of Fate with Misa - Focus: 4d10+3 30

Moto Butaj

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:"I am saddened I have not gotten to know her better during our time here. She seems kind. I hope she finds a husband who is good to her."

"One can hope, neh." he had to agree with her.

"I've talked to her a little, but as I said, she's very reserved and... proper, so it's hard to tell what she is thinking."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 8:20 pm

This moment was more than just a final spat. It wasn't even that to Misa. She hadn't come here to scare Butaj away, or distance him from her. On the contrary, she had come here to show that despite her wishing the best for Butaj with another, that her own feelings had remained true. That moment came as her sword left it's place of rest, shooting out with a very precise strike, just barely knicking Butaj. She felt Butaj's in return and smiled.

(Strike = 61)
(Damage = 3)

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Her intent hasn't been clear for him, but at the moment of strike it is becoming more discernible. Her strike, that just lightly bruises, compared to his much cruder and more damaging one. In fact, she is almost defenseless in how her eyes can't tell her how the blade is coming, and harming her this way seems abhorrent. The blade cannot be stayed, however, and it cuts above her bosom, drawing blood.

Day 10 - LA - Iai of Fate with Misa - Strike: 3d10+3 23
Day 10 - LA - Iai of Fate with Misa - Damage: 6d10o10l2 9

"Misa..!" He calls out the moment he sees what he's done.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 8:33 pm

(3 reduction from technique~)

Misa felt the blow, and the slight pain it brought with it. She felt the trickle of blood, but she didn't even flinch. Instead she stood straight and, wiping off the tip of her blade, put it away. She bowed low to Butaj, speaking softly. "Do you understand this final lesson yet Butaj-san? Do you understand what it means?" She straightened up, her face gentle, compassionate, not showing the least sign of pain or sorrow.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 8:44 pm

He wouldn't just flick her blood. In fact, he takes care that it stays on the blade before he wipes it in his sleeve, near where she cut him. Having cultural significances in deep disregard, if there were any, only then does he sheathes his sword and takes a step toward her to whisper while looking at her wound with pain in his chest. "We've done this to each other. And the mark remains."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Misa almost giggled into a sleeve at that... but the whole things was too spiritual to her. Instead, her smile just widened a little. "That is very Moto of you Butaj-san... and very true. It wasn't what I meant, but it shows that even I don't understand everything. No, what I meant was that our souls are still lined up. A karmic strike, two blows that are perfectly in harmony, show balance. Neither you nor I are right, neither you nor I are blessed. We both put our heart into our blades, and they struck as one. Can you truly leave sad knowing that the heavens themselves have shown that not even distance could break the karma we share?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 8:57 pm

"Butaj... I... cannot." He replies after a moment. "In fact, this is what I think I meant." He stumbles a little. "Even though I don't fully understand what it means for you and me and we... our fates... are so entwined."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Misa shook her head softly, hands folding in front of her. "We perhaps never will fully understand... but it is a start. Every understanding has a start, and I hope this one takes you down the right path." She paused a moment, voice taking on a fond tone. "I will, of course, write you. Asako-san will forgive me for it, I'm certain."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields