A Dinner of Purple and Red (D9 EE) [Mizuki's Room]

Re: A Dinner of Purple and Red (D9 EE) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 7:13 pm

He was quiet as she explained, listening attentively. "So you seek to do the least harm. What is it you are looking for in your husband? Someone of your status would likely get to choose whoever they wish."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 04, 2017 12:25 am

Mizuki drinks some kumis to give herself a moment to think. "I want a man brave to bear my love. And if that is not possible, a friend that I can raise children with." She takes another drink. "If it is a friend, I can accept that he finds love elsewhere, though I expect the same understanding. Or we can be utterly dutiful to each other regardless of love. He can choose. Though regardless, I want our children grow up happy." Mizuki decides to eat something while Taichi responds.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 am

Taichi takes some time to carefully consider his response, sampling the food laid before him. Even he can see what she's getting at.

"What you seek seems reasonable. I feel that most of the men of my clan here at this miai would find little reason to object to what you propose." He pauses for a moment. "As I said, I will not be choosing my partner at the end of this miai. My fate is very much in the hands of others, including yourself. I will accept whatever happens, and make the best of it."

"It is my hope that at the end of this miai I will continue to travel the Empire, and help to introduce the culture of my clan to those we left for so long - and in turn inform my cousins of what has transpired here whilst we have been away."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Mizuki nods. "Hai. That is something my husband would be able to do. I am a merchant, and I travel the Empire creating new deals for my lord. Though I've only been to Lion lands so far. I plan on Phoenix or Crab next. I understand you have accepted that you will be chosen, but I would like to know what you want in a wife. I'd prefer my husband to not be miserable. So, I want to take the feelings of those I would pick into account."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu May 04, 2017 5:53 pm

A pause, but a short one. "Someone whose skills complement my own. My training has focused around the protection of others, and I have had little time to learn about the ways of the empire since our return. Any skill at dealing with others, especially in a court setting, would be valuable."

"Beyond that... someone who has a strong character and an open mind. I would see the culture of my people and the empire joined, rather than one absorbed into the other. I can already see that this may cause some conflict, so my spouse must be able to stay strong, no matter what is brought against them."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri May 05, 2017 2:18 am

Mizuki simply nods. "I see." He has potential. "It is an important thing to be the first representative of your Clan that many meet. Even if it is in another Clan's colors. I have little doubt you will do well."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri May 05, 2017 8:46 pm

He smiled. Of course he would.

"It is a serious responsibility, but one that I think is better done sooner. We have to get past that initial barrier before any progress can be made."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat May 06, 2017 4:16 am

Mizuki nods. "Hai. I think this miai has gone a long way in that regard. I get the general feeling from the other Clans are positive."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat May 06, 2017 11:25 am

He bows slightly from his seated position while still holding his chopsticks; a little awkward but it conveys his thanks. "We appreciate that. It has been... difficult at times, and there have been some small incidents. But I think that the spirit of sharing that was desired has been achieved."
Shinjo Taichi

Previous

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms