[D9 LM] the end is neigh

Re: [D9 LM] the end is neigh

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 6:18 pm

"Someone, aye. I've yet to meet such a person, though." Dong-Ha shrugged. "I mean, I guess. But what samurai would be willing to admit that their father's and grandfather's methods are not enough for them? I think we will have students from the other clans, those who are curious and then perhaps children sent for us to foster, but... I cannot see it becoming that popular." His tone carried a hint of frustration, relaxing when he saw her smile. "So how old Matsu-san was when she began training with her Lion?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Kogo sees his frustration and feels sympathy for it. "It is hard to be judged for being different. One cannot help one's differences, after all." She responds quickly. "Oh, I was quite young. I think 7 or so. They saw I had an aptitude for dealing with the cats and I started learning how to work with the cubs. I received my cub after some time. We worked well together." There is a brief sadness on her face, but it is fleeting. "They are quite charming, the little cubs. And quite mischevious."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 6:52 pm

"Well, yes. But that's what some seem to think." he muttered dourly, before pausing to listen to her answer. "Do you know what they were looking in you? You said aptitude?" I guess she didn't try to pull the Lion's tail... Dong-Ha had his own theory ready. "They are? That's hard to imagine to see how... calm he is."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat May 06, 2017 8:08 am

Kogo thinks for a moment. "This one is not sure what they were searching for, it having been some time ago. I suspect a lack of fear of the animals is a crucial starting place. Trust cannot grow where fear is. " She laughs at his comment. "She is quite mellow right now, but you should have seen her before our morning run. I am afraid I have neglected her quite shamefully during this miai, with so much time devoted to other things. Shinjo Kemuri-san and I attempted to hunt one morning but the game appears to all be scared off right now."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat May 06, 2017 1:59 pm

"That'd make sense. I remember being small and well, a little be afraid of the horses." The beasts were huge, and one could see them being intimidating to a child. "However, I also recall having to ride with my parents... well, as long as I can remember. At some point horses just became something you were use to." Dong-Ha reached to pat Poppy's side. "

"Mhmhm, I wouldn't be surprised with all us here." the young man glanced at the direction of the mountains, shielding his eyes with his hand as he did so. "No wild beast larger than a hare will come anywhere near a place with this many people hustling and bustling around."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat May 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Kogo smiles. "The first time I saw an Otaku steed, I thought my eyes would roll out of my head. I guess its all about what you are used to. Growing up near the cats, somehow, they weren't so fearsome." She laughs. "Maybe because you can't really fear something you've watched beg for scraps when you know its just eaten." She nudges Noburu, who growls. "Greedy guts. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat May 06, 2017 4:14 pm

"That's how most people react." he nodded with a benign chuckle, mirth flickering in his dark eyes as he regarded the Lioness. "We rarely fear what we know, and we tend to fear what do not, neh." Following her nudge, Dong-Ha moved his gaze to the lion. "Really?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat May 06, 2017 8:06 pm

She nods, listening intently. "It is something of a truth, I suspect. Hopefully, we can all find some common ground in between us."

She smiles, watching his gaze. "Do not listen to this one. She is fed regularly and quite well. If she is left near a kitchen, she will try to convince one that she has never been fed and treated quite cruelly." Noburu's tail lashes, showing her slight annoyance but Kogo's laughter merely increases as she sees it. "See, she knows I am ruining her plans."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat May 06, 2017 11:37 pm

"I hope that too, for the all of our sake. The last thing we need is mistrust between you and us. But that's how things are likely to be for a while. We can only hope that the unions forged here will help to tie us with the Empire." He frowned. "We shall need to comb the grounds to fond what is common." Dong-Ha added, jesting.

"Uh.. a beast like her probably eats a fair bit?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat May 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Kogo nods. "It would be a grave difficulty. Distrust sows the seeds of conflict." A Lion knows that well. "Hopefully, the miai brings about shared understandings, instead of misunderstandings." She smiles. "Oh yes. I brought my own stores for her. With the hunting being sparse, it has been a wise precaution. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 am

"Aye, and by the sound of it, the Empire has had its fair share of those in the recent years." he noted dryly. "Especially if the talk about the impeding second day of Thunder is true." Empire would stand united or fall divided. "But maybe we shouldn't worry about that yet. We have only this moment, the future brings what it brings whether we wanted it or not."

"But perhaps I should take my leave. The Lady Sun is high and I am getting hungry... and I haven't fed Poppy yet."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Kogo is slightly confused by his words, but suspects that maybe she has misunderstood something. A second day of thunder?
Perhaps I have been at Shiro Matsu too long.
"Of course Iuchi-san. Your noble steed has her own needs. But I thank you for your conversation today. It was intriguing. Perhaps we can speak more another day."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 3:24 pm

"Perhaps we meet again?" he bobbed a bow at the Lioness before grabbing Poppy's reins firmly in his hand. "It was a pleasure. Have a good day." With that, the young Iuchi slowly turned his horse, only pausing to glance at Kogo before he made his

/exit
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 5:43 pm

She bows to the Iuchi. " A pleasure indeed. Enjoy your day Iuchi-san." Clicking her tongue at the lounging Noburu, she heads away.

/exit

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Previous

Return to Horsemanship Field