[D10 LA] Flippity Flop

Re: [D10 LA] Flippity Flop

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 3:37 pm

"Rice, that I've figured." he nodded. "Lots of it, on every meal it seems." Dong-Ha had the feeling he'd be sick of rice by the time the year was over and done with. Especially if he had to move to live with the Hare. "Oh? Someone... and now I cannot recall her name, told that meats are almost a taboo here. I see that is not the case everywhere." Perhaps the small Hare clan needed game to supplement their diets?
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 4:42 pm

"It is, but so is singing exultation to one's object of affection... So i think this whole miai kind of throws everything up in the air and we'll sort out where it lands later, neh?"
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 pm

"Is it? I mean, I guess it's more a Moto thing than anything but... we are pretty open about our affections. I mean, people who want to marry generally tend to get to marry whom they want. Well, assuming their parents agree with that." he quipped. "One of the reasons this things feel so forced. Many of us would have rather done something like that, but I guess that's not how things work here."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 4:51 pm

"Marriage in Rokugan is rarely about true love, and almost inevitably a tool of political convenience." Tsukimi said with a slight frown, and a puff from her pipe.
"It's about doing what's best for your Clan, for your Lord, and for your family. It is rarely about what your heart desires, when it comes to marriage. Though, as long as you are doing your duty and ...increasing your Clan's numbers... many things can be ignored, and most will look the other way if your heart leads you outside your marriage."
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 5:15 pm

"So... so I was told." he blushed ever so slightly, recalling the discussion he had had with Hitako. "By several people, in fact." Then there had been Mizuki. "Among my kin, that only falls on the high and the mighty. Few lord would care who their servants marry, as long as there... yes." They didn't need to get back on that particular topic.

"I mean, out there." Dong-Ha waved in the general direction of north. "We'd often marry people from other tribes to avoid... reasons." Inbreeding wasn't going to be a good topic either. "Uh.. yes." Dong-Ha flustered. "The matter of lovers was also brought up..."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 5:18 pm

"Hai, I mean... For example, when your Unicorn women made a demonstration of singing to other women, that was... Um. Well. There's nothing wrong with loving another woman in that way, so long as it is discreet. Not um. Announced. Especially so boldly. It also appeared that ...by them singing thusly... that none of the men offered here at the miai were good enough for them? In a way. Hmm."
Tsukimi fidgeted. This was awkward.

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 5:34 pm

"Uh.. that thing wouldn't be a.. err... tradition." he stammered, recalling the event. "I mean, I am not a woman, but err.. not that public, I think." the fact that she mentioned that there was nothing wrong in such a love between women cause his idle mind to wander towards Hare-fiction. Wiping the smut from his mind and trying to regain his composure Dong-Ha added. "I don't know what came to them. Maybe they didn't want to chose yet?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 5:38 pm

"Maybe."
She blushed. And inspected her pipe.
"But. Um. I mean, other than a few confusing events, I think it's been alright? We've gotten to showcase different talents, and learn about each other, and ..um ..That sort of thing."

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 5:45 pm

"Yeah, I guess it could have been worse. I mean, that dragon could have mauled more than one person." he added dryly. "Wherever it came from."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 5:47 pm

"That was weird. And scary. I wonder what it means. I'm not good at, like, omens."

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 5:59 pm

"Me neither... but Moshi-san.." Dong-Ha hovered his hand somewhere on his chest to indicate Asakiko's height. "..said that it is a mixed omen. Portent of good and bad. Not that I'm know what to make of that."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 7:12 pm

"Oh! I do know Moshi-san! She read my fortune the other day." Tsukimi nodded happily.

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri May 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:The duelling field is joined by Moto Butaj. He keeps his distance from the talking pair though, apparently intent on something else. He looks way too solemn for his usual boisterous demeanour.

The breeze caught at Misa's hair as she made her way out onto the field. She could hear the soft talking of others in the distance, only recognizing the voice of the Usagi storyteller from before, though she couldn't make out any of the conversation at her distance. Nor did she wish to.

She was, in fact, quite intent on the third samurai on the field. Her servant made certain she was going in the right direction, but soon Misa knew she was near Moto Butaj. She gave a smile, no warmth or peacefulness lost even with the seriousness of the meeting, as if it weren't nearly so for her. Misa gave a bow toward Butaj, putting some hair behind an ear as she finally spoke up. "Does Butaj-san know what he truly wishes to get out of this? Will he drag me away to his yurt if he wins?" Her tone spoke up enough for him to hear her well, but there was a soft understanding to her voice.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:"Oh! I do know Moshi-san! She read my fortune the other day." Tsukimi nodded happily.

"She's pious as she's is wise." Dong-Ha had evidently rather good opinion of the littlest Moshi. "Though, she seems awfully shy."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 7:37 pm

"I am saddened I have not gotten to know her better during our time here. She seems kind. I hope she finds a husband who is good to her."

Usagi Tsukimi

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields