The Dark Edge Village Kennel Club, Pt. 2 (D10, LM)

Re: The Dark Edge Village Kennel Club, Pt. 2 (D10, LM)

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 2:49 pm

She followed the pup, clutching her lamb to her side. When she approached the pair, she took a breath, and breathed out slowly to collect herself.

"Ohayo, samurai. This one is Usagi Tsukimi. She returns this puppy to its owner." She bows, and then sets her lamb down gently.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri May 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Sure Butaj wants to hear it!" Butaj reaches to the saddlebags for his topshur.

Ichiro began singing, and while he didn't seem to have any innate talent at it, he never faltered with the notes or the words as he went. It was a fairly common Phoenix song and Yuki picked up a few notes humming it with a smile.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Butaj picks it up quickly too and provides strumming accompaniment, following the boy's melody with full attention and a broad smile.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri May 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:She followed the pup, clutching her lamb to her side. When she approached the pair, she took a breath, and breathed out slowly to collect herself.

"Ohayo, samurai. This one is Usagi Tsukimi. She returns this puppy to its owner." She bows, and then sets her lamb down gently.

Fukawa bows to the Usagi, while Takahiro runs over to her.

"Good morning, Usagi-san." she replied. "I am Doji Fukawa and this is Isawa Nonin. I hope my puppy was not causing you problems."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 pm

She pet her lamb comfortingly. "No no, it just gave us a bit of added exercise, I think. No harm done!" A pause. "I congratulate you on your performances in the events, Doji-san. Yours have been worth watching."
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Ichiro only knew the first verse, but since it seemed to be such a hit he paused for only a little while before singing the verse again, this time with more enthusiasm. Yuki quieted down and seemed content to watch the pair for the moment.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Butaj kept encouraging the boy by giving him a vivacious, jolly music to it, adding rhythmic pats to the topshur box. His eyes moved to Yuki in the meantime, and added funny browplay to the rhythm for her amusement.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri May 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Yuki covered her mouth with her hand to keep her laugh from getting too loud, especially once the eyebrow antics began. Ichiro, ignorant of it, decided that yell-singing was the only way now, losing all form for the sake of making sound.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Which is good. At this point Butaj knows the song well enough to join. Him and Ichiro make a noisy duet for Yuka's benefit, with funny expressions, topshur accompaniment, and all from atop the horse.

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri May 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Yuki finds herself having to sit down to keep from tipping over as she can't help her laughter now. Once she finally calms down a bit she yells out Ichiro's name until he comes to a stop.

"That's enough, Ichiro-kun. Your father will be very unhappy with me if I bring you back with a hoarse voice from all that singing." She smiled. "Do you want to go for a ride now?"

Ichiro paused at that, glancing back at Butaj. "Only if you promise not to go so fast that my hair gets blown off." He said with complete sincerity.

Asako Yuki

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat May 06, 2017 3:38 am

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:She pet her lamb comfortingly. "No no, it just gave us a bit of added exercise, I think. No harm done!" A pause. "I congratulate you on your performances in the events, Doji-san. Yours have been worth watching."

Now this was problematic. Fukawa had no problem with her achievements being recognized....but she had absolutely nothing to return. The Usagi had not gone up even a little bit in the rankings.

"You are gracious to say so, Usagi-san." she offers. "The level of competition has been very high."

She looks at the lamb.

"Usagi-san, if you don't think me forward for asking....why are you herding a lamb?" she asked, going for the redirection.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 4:33 am

Butaj enjoys himself seeing her having having such a good laugh out of it, but stops when she calls to stop. "Butaj promises." The Moto says, tucking the topshur away. "But only if Ichiro promises to listen to everything Butaj asks during riding and to hold fast all the time." He nods to Yuki reassuringly, indicating it all will be all right.

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat May 06, 2017 7:06 am

Ichiro nods and, having done this once before, manages to hold all the right places to keep hold for the ride. Yuki, utterly confident in Butaj, almost looks more certain of this than Butaj as she smiled at the man and the boy on the horse.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 7:26 am

And after a HIYYAAH riding they go, recreationally at first, with Butaj holding the boy protectively in place. They speed up for intermittent WEEEEs and do some leaping and some sharp turns. Butaj studies how the boy behaves in the saddle.

Moto Butaj

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sat May 06, 2017 9:58 am

Doji Fukawa wrote:Now this was problematic. Fukawa had no problem with her achievements being recognized....but she had absolutely nothing to return. The Usagi had not gone up even a little bit in the rankings.

"You are gracious to say so, Usagi-san." she offers. "The level of competition has been very high."

She looks at the lamb.

"Usagi-san, if you don't think me forward for asking....why are you herding a lamb?" she asked, going for the redirection.

"Oh! This... this is Nagareboshi. He'll be leaving the miai with me. I thought we would go out for a walk and get to know one another. So far I know... he is very fast."

Usagi Tsukimi

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields