[D10 EE] Great Offerings for Good Fortunes [Open]

Re: [D10 EE] Great Offerings for Good Fortunes [Open]

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 12:40 am

Tomonaga laughed softly as well. "In my case, it was a fluffy cat." He said.

His lips parted as she took his hand. It was larger, more solid, but uncalloused, and seemed to have the same fine natural lines that characterized the rest of Tomonaga's shape, and gave him his handsome appearance. Almost automatically, his fingers closed gently around hers, his hand warm He took a breath, giving her a playful smile, his eyes alight. "Of course, I remember what we said about imagination. It's no substitute for the real thing."

His smile grew softer. "But sometimes a brief glimpse is enough, and imagination can do the rest. I don't wonder, Amaya-san, I know." It would have been amazing.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 12:55 am

Affection swells in her chest, and she is quite unconscious that she is stroking the back of his hand with her thumbs. "I promised you sake, and you promised me the ocean." She knows her heart is large enough to hold Tomonaga alongside all those she has loved, and all that she will in her life, and she is grateful for his words.

She locks her eyes to his, if she looks at his lips she is certain that she'll want to be kissed again, and that would not do. I'll always have the memory.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 2:00 am

A bit more conscious of her touch, Tomonaga let his own thumb gently trace the outer edge of her hand. He smiled at her, charmingly crooked as always. "I meant it, too." He said, his own voice soft. "Every word."

He could feel the draw, as much as her. The knowledge that a word, or gesture, or even a flicker of eyes from either of them could have consequences. Wonderful, terrible, or both. And, of course, he was always good at knowing what someone wanted. Or wanted to not want.

Ever so slowly, Tomonaga extracted his hand, taking a deep breath as he did so. "Well, the offer's still good. You can visit me with your husband. I haven't met him yet, as it happens."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 2:05 am

She takes a deep breath, trying to will her racing pulse to calm. She folds her hands neatly in front of her, "he is a good man, I am certain that you will like him and that he will like you."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 2:23 am

Slowly, Tomonaga grinned. "I'm sure I will. I have every reason to believe that you have excellent taste in men, Amaya-san." Again, the brown eyes seemed to dance with humor.

"It's a shame you never got a chance to try make sake, though." He said after a moment. "I mean, I suppose there's still tomorrow, but that seems like it'll be rather active. Lots of things going on. Who knows if there'll be time?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 2:32 am

With mock seriousness, "I should hope Tomonaga-sama knows that this one is more interested in who he is, than the sake he can provide." Softening, "I have enjoyed your company," and your kisses, "and I would not have wished to sully that by bringing sake into the equation."

"My understanding is that tomorrow will be given entirely to the officiating of our pairings. This," unhappiness brings storm clouds to her eyes, "is good bye... for now."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 am

Then it was Tomonaga's turn for mock-seriousness. "Amaya-san." He said, sounding offended. "Sake, sully something? Hardly!" He held the expression for a moment longer before it broke, turning into a grin.

The grin slowly faded, some of that unhappiness gathering in Tomonaga's eyes as well. Especially as they gazed into Amaya's. On a sudden impulse, he reached out and took her hand this time. "For now." He said, his tone firm. "But not forever. I promise."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 2:45 am

She squeezed his hand reassuringly, "I never wanted you to think that the time I spent with you was the means to some ends, when the truth is that I am very fond of you."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 3:01 am

"Of course not, Amaya-san." From the mild surprise in his voice, it is clear that Tomonaga had never considered such a thing. "And for my part, you're not just a pretty face that I kissed once. Well, I guess twice. Errrr, that's not really the point." He chuckled. "But you really mean a lot to me. As a friend, I mean. I've made a few here, but..." He shrugged. "You're special, I guess."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 3:04 am

She blushes, looking down shyly. "Thank you, Tomonaga-sama. For everything."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Well... surely some small indulgence would be okay. Tomonaga leaned forward, gently kissing Amaya's forehead, his lips warm and soft. He was conscious of the effort that he takes to scrupulously avoid breathing the scent of her hair as he did so.

Straightening, he smiled down at her once more. "And thank you, Amaya-san. And hey, write to me any time! I mean, I'm pretty sure I know how this love story of yours is gonna turn out, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear about it from you."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 12:52 pm

She is touched by his affectionate gesture, and wishes she knew some way to return it.

Laughing as he made his request, "are you quite certain? Surely you'll end up hearing it all again when you visit?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 1:01 pm

"Yeah, I suppose." Tomonaga shrugged, grinning. "But it's like imagination versus experience again. Reading about it in a letter is one thing, but hearing it from your lips will be another thing entirely. A pleasure I would look forward to immensely, Amaya-san." Whoops, he was doing it again. Tomonaga flushed just the tiniest bit.

He cleared his throat. "Besides, some things just can't be conveyed by letter. Like children." His gaze went distant. "I can almost imagine little Seppun Tomonaga now." He said, his lips twisting with the effort of not laughing.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 1:09 pm

She clucks her tongue a little, "mmm, yes, the younger sibling to Seppun Butaj," but she cannot contain the soft, musical laughter.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri May 05, 2017 1:40 pm

That certainly made Tomonaga lose his restraint. He too laughed softly, his shoulders shaking noticeably. "What, I don't get the first one named after me?" He sighed mournfully. "Well, I'll take what I can get, anyway."

"As much as it's no fun saying goodbye, I'm really starting to look forward to the future." Tomonaga said suddenly. "I've had the advice to enjoy the present, and I've certainly been doing that, but it feels like something amazing is just one step away." His handsome features take on some of that earlier exhilaration, when he'd just arrived. "I can hardly wait."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion