The final watch (D10 EE)

The final watch (D10 EE)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 4:25 am

The events were drawing to a close, and soon the miai would be over. Hideo thinks back on the 10 days, and smiles. It was quite a lovely time, if somewhat frustrating, but he wouldn't have changed a lot. Especially not the people he met.

Well, except for the mornings divination. Ugh.

So he leans against the fences, and watches the horse racing around. Considering his future.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Re: The final watch (D10 EE)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 am

One of these racing horses was a big, silvery white stallion. Astride to it is a familiar Battle Maiden. She provides the Seppun a smile with a waving hand, does one more lap and then takes their way outside of the flux to approach the Imperial.

"Good evening! Lovely sunset, is it not?" She asks him while dismounting.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 am

The horse charging round with the heiress on quickly gained Hideo's attention, and he smiled at her and nodded as she passed. She received a deep bow as the woman approached and dismounted.

"Good evening Otaku-sama. It is a quite beautiful sunset" he agreed "although you and your beautiful horses run was a very impressive sight. I hope you both are well?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 10:47 am

There's a bit of embarrassment from the compliment, but she bow she provides manages to mask it with formality. Once near and at the same level, she speaks in her usual tone, "Thank you. Too kind," she looks at his wondering, "Seppun-san should ride along, no?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 am

Hideo looked curious. "If I had a horse I would certainly join you. Unless you mean ride with you on your horse?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 11:04 am

The presses her lips, and widens her eyes at Gekko, slightly shaking her head, "Gekko-kun is rather... selective. Seppun-san could try. Perhaps feeding him first and then we might see how he reacts. If not, I can fetch one of the unmounted steeds running and bring it here."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 12:00 pm

"Gekko-sama is a quite magnificant horse" Hideo said as he looked at the horse, drawing closer "I have no treats on me sadly. Have you got any so I can see if he will like me?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 2:05 pm

Opening a wide grin, Kitakuhime turns to her horse and starts to unbutton –– yes, buttons –– a hidden pocket at Gekko's saddle. The horse neighs, already knowing what was there.

With her hands closed, she gets nearby Takeo and opens them while hiding from the curious horse. She shows Hideo him two white cubes, made of a sweet, crunchy compact powder.

"He'll love this. Just take care he may bite. Not very gentle."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Hideo looked at the cubes curiously, and accepted them with a nod, moving to Gekko. "I have a gift for you Gekko-sama. I cannot say I am as lovely a person as your Otaku-sama, but I hope you can accept them from this humble Imperial."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Gekko sniffs the Imperial, and the boy actually smells of Honor. Sugar and Honor. More Honor than sugar. The towering warhorse snorts and moves towards his hands, impatiently.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Hideo holds up his hands, offering the cubes to the horse respectfully.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Fast as lightning, Gekko noms on HIdeo's hand, leaving a generous dribble on where the treats were. It chews for some time, and starts to sniff him for more. Kitakuhime comes for the saving, holding the creatures neck, "Good boy, good boy. Now, be considerate with Seppun-san and show some respect."

The warhorse looks to Hideo showing no emotions.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Hideo smiled up at the horse, bowing to him. "I hope the treats were enjoyable Gekko-sama?"

He looked to Kitakuhime, adding "he is a quite amazing horse, you must be very proud of him."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 3:17 pm

"I am. But sometimes I think he's the one proud of himself." Kitakuhime giggles, covering her face a bit. "Try the saddle."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Hideo nodded, moving to the saddle on the suggestion and climbing up.

D10 EE horsemanship: 4d10o10k3 22
Seppun Hideo

Next

Return to Horsemanship Field