The Kitteh Clan Proudly Invites You To PARTY! (D10, EN,Open)

Re: The Kitteh Clan Proudly Invites You To PARTY! (D10, EN,O

Postby Miya Mei on Fri May 05, 2017 2:18 am

Mei bows and gives the Matsu a smile, lowering her fan.

"I am Miya Mei. I am most certainly enjoying the evening. I had a request. I have a play prepared I would like to perform for you all. Would you do me the honor of letting me show it to all of you?"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 2:24 am

Kogo senses that she is very much going to regret this, but she can think of no good reason to refuse the request. And knowing the hot headed nature of the Miya and her skill with the blade, Kogo decides that dying because one is afraid another will make one's party awkward is a stupid reason to die. Her smile is firm, though less than authentic. "We would be honored by your efforts Miya-san. What is the play about?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 2:25 am

Her cup is already full again (somehow), and she's at least taking slow sip now. She would like to savor some of it, even if the flavor wasn't exactly the specific goal. "Quite well, thank you. You've done well with organizing this part, Matsu-san. It's quite enjoyable."

She pauses to see what is going to go down this time.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Miya Mei on Fri May 05, 2017 2:27 am

Mei picks up another cup of sake and sips it.

"I believe tonight I shall tell a tale of romance, tragedy, duty, and honor. I believe you will enjoy it. It is entirely a work of fiction."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 2:27 am

He was about to speak when the Miya arrived, and falling silent he trned his gaze back towards the crab and the crane. "Do doji-san is treat making your specialty?"

"Or perhaps something you do in your free time?"
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri May 05, 2017 2:28 am

Hiroji looks at the imperial curiosily before grinning and raising his sake cup as a friendly gesture. "I cannot wait to see this play."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 2:33 am

Miya Mei wrote:Mei picks up another cup of sake and sips it.

"I believe tonight I shall tell a tale of romance, tragedy, duty, and honor. I believe you will enjoy it. It is entirely a work of fiction."

Kogo blinks, happily surprised. "That sounds utterly appropriate Miya-san. I think it will be a lovely idea.Where would you wish to perform? Inside the tent? Near the fire?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 2:37 am

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:He was about to speak when the Miya arrived, and falling silent he trned his gaze back towards the crab and the crane. "Do doji-san is treat making your specialty?"

"Or perhaps something you do in your free time?"

She smiled. It was always nice talking about her art. "Candy sculpture, yes. It's not especially common, but I'd like to see it become a more respected art before I pass on."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Miya Mei on Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo blinks, happily surprised. "That sounds utterly appropriate Miya-san. I think it will be a lovely idea.Where would you wish to perform? Inside the tent? Near the fire?"

"I will perform in the tent. I will simply begin and those who wish to watch may. Thank you, Matsu-san for your generosity!"

Mei lifts her cup for a toast in thanks.

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 2:43 am

Miya Mei wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo blinks, happily surprised. "That sounds utterly appropriate Miya-san. I think it will be a lovely idea.Where would you wish to perform? Inside the tent? Near the fire?"

"I will perform in the tent. I will simply begin and those who wish to watch may. Thank you, Matsu-san for your generosity!"

Mei lifts her cup for a toast in thanks.

Kogo lifts her glass, certain she will regret this, but having the worst time resisting Miya-san's enthusiasm. "Enjoy yourself Miya-san." She sips her sake.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 2:56 am

Doji Ameka wrote:She smiled. It was always nice talking about her art. "Candy sculpture, yes. It's not especially common, but I'd like to see it become a more respected art before I pass on."

"I must admit I have never seen it done before." He said after a moment. "I do wish you luck though, the more arts that are spread across the empire the better, at least as far as I'm concerned."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Miya Mei on Fri May 05, 2017 3:09 am

Mei takes the drink and then find a space to perform. She clears her throat.

"Samurai of the Empire! On behave of Matsu Kogo-san's generous offer, I am proud to present you the following play titled FROM THE HEART."

----THE PLAY----
Act 1

Long ago, there were two Emerald Magistrates who had just successfully hunted down and killed the leader of a secret organization bent on overthrowing the Emperor and his line. They sat in their guardhouse, discussing the posibility of another. Their names were Takashi and Hanto.

"He had a daugher. It is said she knows who the next in line for the leadership of the assassins are. We must find her, Takahsi."

"I have heard a new dancer at the Orian house, they call her Mei, fits the description of the daughter. Perhaps you could go and find out, Hanto."

"Certainly. The same role as always then?"

"It takes a drunkard to play a drunkard."

So, Hanto disguised himself and went to the Orain house. After many drinks, he demanded the woman named Mei be brought forth.

"Why is a new girl priced the highest here? What skill do you have that could possibly warrant your price?"

Mei simply bowed low and did not answer.

Hanto lunged at her, and pinned her down and ripping her clothes to indecency, demanding an answer. The mistress of the orain house called for the guards, and Takashi arrived, arresting Hanto.

"Tell me, dancer, why should I not arrest you for being so indecent?"

"Oh, My Lord, It was not my fault! The man was drunk and did this to me! I simply dance, nothing more!"

"Show me then your worth. Let me know that my duty to arrest you should be overcome by my honor knowing none can replace your service you provide for your mistress."

So, Mei began to dance with a sword. It was a long, rhythmic dance, performing majestic strikes, acrobatic leaps, and near inhuman speed. When she was nearly finished, she lunged out to kill Takashi. A great sword battle ensued, but Mei was arrested.

Act 2:

Mei was tortured for days by Takashi and the other magistrates. She refused to give up the names they demanded of her. One day, before her execution, Hanto,, still playing the roll of the drunkard from the Orain house who has assaulted Mei, breaks into the guard house and frees Mei.

The two of them have many battles with guards along the way before escaping to a nearby forest. It takes many days of travel and the two are harassed by guards the entire time. Throughout this time, Hanto begins to develop romantic feelings for Mei. One day while she was sleeping, Hanto slipped off to report to Takashi, who had been following them from a distance.

"Do not fall for her, Hanto. I have seen how you can be with women."

"I would never do such a thing, Takashi! My loyalty to the Emperor is second to none. A woman cannot sway me."

"Good. I must let you know though, our Lord has decided that this game has gone on long enough. At the next checkpoint, the Magistrates will fight you for real. No more will they fake defeat."

"But Takashi, we are so close! Soon Mei will reveal to me the name and hiding place of the next leader! You must tell our lord he cannot fight have his men capture us!"

"It is out of my hands, Hanto. I am sorry."

So, a defeated Hanto returned to Mei. Despite his speech to Takashi, his love for her had grown to overcome his sense of Duty, and thus instead of going to the trap that was set, he led Mei an opposite direction. They were ambushed by Takashi's men however, but at the last moment after a gruesome fight, Mei and Hanto were rescued by a mysterious masked woman. She led them back to a secret hideout and asked Hanto one question.

"Do you love Mei?"

"I do, with all my heart."

"Then why do you lie to her, Magistrate?"

At this point, Takashi walks into the room, revealing his secret that he was a member of the assassins all along. Furthermore, Takashi kisses Mei in front of everyone, revealing that Takashi and Mei were pledged to one another.

The masked woman, now known as the leader of the assassins orders Mei to take Hanto out and kill him.

Act 3.

Mei leads Hanto out to execute him. With a precise strike, she cuts his bindings free and tells him to run. As the heartbroken Hanto looks to her, Mei confesses to him.

"The kiss proved it was true. The three years Takashi was a spy, I no longer love him. I do however love you. But you cannot stay, you must run. The Magistrates are coming, and you have your duty. We will meet on the field of battle."

Hanto rides off into the distance and Mei returns to the assassins. She finds Takashi and tells him she cannot fight, as she now loves Hanto.

Enraged, Takashi and Mei get into a wrestling match. Not wanting to hurt her former lover, Mei escapes and runs to a nearby field.

Hanto, torn between his duty to the Empire, and his love for Mei finally decides love is more important and turns his horse around, riding back to rind Mei in the field. As he approaches her, Takashi throws a dagger into Meis heart.

"If I cannot have her, no one can! You ruined everything Hanto!"

The two men engage in a duel to end all duels, matching blows one for one until both can hardly stand. Takashi and Hanto both disarm each other only to draw hidden daggers, ready to throw them at one another. Suddenly, Mei stands and puts her hand on the dagger stuck in her heart.

"MEI! Do not pull out the dagger! You will die!"

"I cannot see you die Hanto. I love you."

"How can you betray me so!"

"You were gone too much, Takashi"

"I cannot believe it, Mei. You are only confused by Hanto's seductive ways. I know you still love me and I will prove it!"

Hanto drops his dagger and Takashi throws his, the aim sure to kill Hanto. Mei rips the dagger from her heart, falling dead on the spot, but throwing it just in time to deflect Takashi's.

"NO!"

Takashi cries out in pain and Hanto then picks up and throws his dagger to kill Takashi, revealing that Hanto was truly loyal to the Empire the entire time and was simply tasked to find the mole.

THE END!

----MEI's ACTING----
Throughout the telling of the story, Mei takes on the roles of everyone, often switching where she is standing to portray the different people, as well as using different voices. The fight scenes are choreographed with just her and her katana, and all in all, her performance is....quite good.

----Rolls----
[D10 EN] Acting +1k1 Void, 3 raises: 5d10o10k4 30

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri May 05, 2017 3:30 am

Hiroji had drank steadily throughout the play. He was on his 5th cup of sake when Mei finished. He clapped loudly when she finished. It was an entertaining play.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 3:32 am

For whatever saliently butajous reason Butaj is late to the party. He's so fashionably late that it sets new trends in fashion. He misses so much of the party that party is sorry for him to show so much longing. But bygones by bygones, he is here and tries to make sense of what is going on. Please help Butaj!
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 3:41 am

Daisuke was shocked. what in the Kami's name was the Miya thinking? A story about abandoning one's duty to pursue love. right here in front of the governor!? Did she have some kind of death wish?

The clapping of the crab was even more shocking and it earned the Kaiu a disapproving look from the Badger who stood stock still. trying his best to keep his features neutral. "Matsu-sama." He called to Kogo. "I believe you should do something about that."

Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts