Craterrific [D10 LA, expecting/pretty much open!)

Re: Craterrific [D10 LA, expecting/pretty much open!)

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri May 05, 2017 12:55 am

Ryori sits near Iuchi and nods " I am not a spiritual person, but I do have an affinity for those of Chikishudo, if I can be of any help, pleaee let me know how"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 05, 2017 2:16 am

"Some milk, also sugar and zhenzhu. It's a festival recipe of my mother's," Saksaha explains about the tea.

"Yes, maybe a bath. Or maybe a watering hole for the herds. If they can be made to come near it, of course."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 2:21 am

Unfolding the tatami, she sits near Ryori and indicates for Hideo to join her, "Kemuri-san observed that the water may become stagnant, without a spring or fresh rains to refresh it."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 2:37 am

Hideo moves to sit close to Amaya, nodding along with the conversation. "It is an honour to meet mina-san. I am Seppun Hideo."

He eyed the drink warily after the previous night.

"We will assist wherever possible Iuchi-san" he added finally.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 am

((*coughs* this is what happenswhen you don't sleep enough.))
Last edited by Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 2:44 am

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:
Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Some milk, also sugar and zhenzhu. It's a festival recipe of my mother's," Saksaha explains about the tea.

"Yes, maybe a bath. Or maybe a watering hole for the herds. If they can be made to come near it, of course."

"Ah, I believe I shall have to pass then Iuchi-san." He placed the cup beside him as he took a seat. "Milk does not sit well with me, I believe if I drink this it will end much like the night we first met."

"Thank you for the offer though."

The Seppun got a smile as he introduced himself. "A pleasure to meet you Seppun-sama."
Last edited by Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 05, 2017 2:50 am

"Oh. Sorry." Saksaha gives Daisuke a rather apologetic look, even as she wonders if he's not being over-cautious. One bad night of kumis doesn't seem worth swearing off milk forever...

"Marta Kemuri-san might be right," She nods. "But this is the place an orochi, a thunder-serpent spirit, fell to earth and died. A crossing-over like this might waken the water under the soil and bring it forth... or it might invite other influences."

If nobody else is drinking, she'll help herself to some tea, darn it. She also takes a cloth bundle from her other saddlebag which spreads open to reveal some other trail snacks, morsels of dried cheese and nuts and some pieces of flat bread.

"I would like to cross over to the other realm, but I will leave my body here. This will not disturb you?" she asks the others. "It is not so wise to walk the realms with no one to watch what happens to me here, I think."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 2:55 am

She had no desire for the tea to go wanting, and indicated for Daisuke to pass her the cup. After her difficult night and morning, she was grateful that it was her cousin that would be taking on such a task, so much that could go wrong, it is good we are all here.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 2:57 am

Hideo nodded to Saksaha. "I have read of such abilities before. We will keep your body safe, of that you need not worry."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 05, 2017 3:36 am

Saksaha nods, grateful that Hideo seems to know what she means. This is what she brought a blanket out here for, so she smooths it out on the grass and arranges herself prone on the slightly scratchy wool, head propped on her folded arms. This looks more like a comfy pose for a nap than one for a difficult meditation, but she's learned from experience that it's much harder to reach the necessary state sitting up. Also, when she'd tried it before, her abandoned body had a disturbing tendency to flop over sideways by the time she'd returned to it.

"If all goes well, I should not be a very long time away."

She tucks her face against the blanket, blocking out the sunlight, and slows her breathing, erasing the sounds of Ningen-do one by one from her perception--the birds, the wind, the people talking and breathing and moving near her. Before long her spirit slips its loose tethers and glides away...

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 05, 2017 3:57 am

Ide Amaya wrote:She had no desire for the tea to go wanting, and indicated for Daisuke to pass her the cup. After her difficult night and morning, she was grateful that it was her cousin that would be taking on such a task, so much that could go wrong, it is good we are all here.

Daisuke would pass Amaya the cup so she Could drink, there was no reason for things to go to waste after all. Perhaps in this he was being to cautious, but he had never felt like that in his life... Even when he had indulged too much in sake.

As events started to unfold into a more mystic direction he sat back, watching on. He didn't know much about what was happening, but he could at least watch over Saksaha, as she did whatever it was she was going to do. What it really reminded him of though was taking a nap.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 4:03 am

She smiles and accepts the cup, taking a sip. The weasel on her shoulder twitches his nose curiously at the milky beverage, leaning forward until his whiskers are almost in the cup. She could sense the tension that enveloped the watchers, and she reaches up to touch Satsujin's fur.

Ide Amaya

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri May 05, 2017 8:54 am

Ryori takes one of the cups, leaving the Imperial a fresh one since there are four drinking and three cups he will sip from one of the Unicorn ones, likely the Iuchi. " It is a large enough body of water if it were going to become stagnant I would expect it to be more swamp then lake."

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Mindshred on Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Saksaha nods, grateful that Hideo seems to know what she means. This is what she brought a blanket out here for, so she smooths it out on the grass and arranges herself prone on the slightly scratchy wool, head propped on her folded arms. This looks more like a comfy pose for a nap than one for a difficult meditation, but she's learned from experience that it's much harder to reach the necessary state sitting up. Also, when she'd tried it before, her abandoned body had a disturbing tendency to flop over sideways by the time she'd returned to it.

"If all goes well, I should not be a very long time away."

She tucks her face against the blanket, blocking out the sunlight, and slows her breathing, erasing the sounds of Ningen-do one by one from her perception--the birds, the wind, the people talking and breathing and moving near her. Before long her spirit slips its loose tethers and glides away...

The world falls away, revealing a rolling field of tall grasses and delicate, fluttering butterflies.

There's no sign of the crater anywhere in Saksaha's view, just rolling plains.
Mindshred

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Mindshred wrote:The world falls away, revealing a rolling field of tall grasses and delicate, fluttering butterflies.

There's no sign of the crater anywhere in Saksaha's view, just rolling plains.

Saksaha takes a few steps toward where the crater would be in Ningen-do. She looks around for any sign of creatures larger than a butterfly, though in a pinch a butterfly might do... it's just that she guesses they may not be especially intelligent, or have very long memories.

As she glances about herself she notices tiny feathers have appeared on the backs of her hands. This has happened occasionally before, but still... probably smart not to linger a long time here.

Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall