[D10 LM] Please Help... (Taira's) [Closed]

Re: [D10 LM] Please Help... (Taira's) [Closed]

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 11:25 pm

He flushed at her praise, and examined his hands.

"I suppose I just... like to help. It's just who I am, Ide-san. Has been since I was a child. I never could keep to my own business, always had to be minding everyone else and their problems."

With a soft chuckle, Taira added, "Got me in trouble a few times, but it also got me into my books and medicine... got me working for the magistrates. Good and bad results, all bundled in together. I can't complain, and I'm glad I could help. I wasn't lying when I said I want the Empire to be a good new home for your people. A chance for travelers to lay down roots."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 pm

She reached out and touched one of those hands, lightly, with her fingertips. "it is a good thing, never shy from that."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 pm

He twitched in surprise, but did not pull away. The Unicorn were... more touchy... than the average Rokugani.

Still, he glanced up at her, and smiled, a little bashfully. "Hai, I know. It is who I am. I could not give it up, I would not know myself if I did."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu May 04, 2017 11:46 pm

She withdraws her hand with a smile, responding to his bashfullness with warm and gentle kindness, "the Empire would do well to have more men like you, Taira-sama."

A faint hint of a frown appeared on her brow, "will you return to the Scorpion lands after tomorrow?" The word 'Scorpion' feels strange on her tongue, you are not like your kin, she thinks.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 12:07 am

"I appreciate the sentiment. I think the gifts you and your kin bring will also be a boon... and I do not merely mean coffee and material things."

He smirked. "I adore the thought of handshakes becoming common practice."

Her question made him contemplate his answer, and eventually, he said, "I guess I will. At least temporarily. The long term answer is... going to depend."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 12:17 am

There is sadness in her voice, "I am glad to have met you."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 12:18 am

He quirked his head.

"You don't... sound it."

Raising an eyebrow, he added, "I hope nothing else is wrong... I know medicine can't fix everything, but I can listen, if it helps."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 am

She smiles, embarrassed, "tomorrow we pair off and go our separate ways. I am glad to have met you, but my heart aches to think this is the last time we will converse." A soft sigh, "I can only beg the Fortunes that there will be others like you to help me in the future."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Taira hid his surprise. He hadn't realized he'd had such an impact.

"It may be, or may not. After all, large though the empire is... there is a remarkable tendency for paths to cross again. Perhaps we will meet in our duties, in time."

As for her other comment, "I'm sure there will be many. They may not be like me, but they will be, in their own ways, wonderful friends. That's the beauty of our many different clans... our own strengths become boons to the larger Empire, each in our own ways."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 1:40 pm

She had no further excuses on which to linger. Her stomach still ached, but the spasms seemed to have ceased, and the stabbing sensation had been downgraded from 'knife' to 'pointy stick'.

"May the Fortunes be kind to you, Taira-sama." Kinder than they have been, she wanted to say, you deserve so much better than all you have seen, she wanted to say. But all she said was, "please take care," and she makes motions to rise.

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Taira also rose.

"And may they favor you also... you are sure you are well, Amaya-san?"

He didn't want a half dead woman on his conscience.

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 2:11 pm

From the way she gets to her feet, it is clear that she is feeling significantly better than when she arrived, "you have done more for me than I can repay."

She thinks, a troubled expression on her brow, "please, if you find yourself in the Imperial lands, my door is always open to you." It wasn't much, but for a girl with little more than the kimono on her back, it was all she had.

Enough, she thinks, you weary him with your words and outstay your welcome. She bows, as deeply as she can manage, and turns to leave.

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 pm

"Of course, I will be glad to do so."

With a soft sigh, he bowed as well, not privy to her private thoughts.

"I do not ask for repayment... we need not always keep accounts. Sometimes, a deed can be done alone."

Smiling, he gestured to the somewhat austere yurt. "If you ever make your way to... wherever I end up... my door is open."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri May 05, 2017 2:50 pm

"Thank you, truly," as she leaves she tries crush down the melancholy that wants to settle over her like a bad omen. I never learnt how to say goodbye to anyone. Nor do I like this feeling.

/exit

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri May 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Taira watched her go, confused by her melancholy, but he supposed he had a day to get ready for.

Turning back to his kimono rack, he began to dress himself properly.

/scene.

Soshi Taira

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts