D9 EE - Fortunes Favor Fiery Phoenix?

Re: D9 EE - Fortunes Favor Fiery Phoenix?

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu May 04, 2017 8:42 pm

"No need Isawa-san. My thanks for stopping the bleeding. What will remain is sufficient to serve the Phoenix." His breathing still bore the effects of the adrenaline slowly leaving his system. "It seems I will be returning home sooner rather than later." He returned his katana to it's rightful place. He stood there knowing he was heading home, but seemed at a loss what to do this exact moment.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 8:45 pm

"It will heal cleanly but the cut is long, it was scar, Shiba-san," says Nonin. "The touch of the water kami could smooth or even erase that. I am happy to aid you in this."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 pm

He was Shiba and would likewise kneel to an Isawa. "As you say Isawa-san if it pleases you to call upon the kami." Such would likely be his place at the side of a shugenja or courtier till the next life.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Nonin produced the scroll, took a deep breath and focused the energies of the water kami. He prays and the wound is healed. "Thank the Fortunes."

OOC:
16 wounds, 1 wound corrected as I totally forgot how Pathto Inner Peace spell worked. Shiba-san is fully healed after the first casting! Rah. Sorry for any confusion. And thanks to Iuchi Saksaha for pointing out my mistake.
Last edited by Isawa Nonin on Fri May 05, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Miya Mei on Thu May 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Mei shakes her head at the display.

"Despicable"

She mutters under her breath
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri May 05, 2017 6:42 am

Kaizen spoke to those assembled, "I appreciate the support of kin and friends," he bowed to the Crane, Unicorn, and Phoenix present, "and hope to have satisfied the curious. I have preparations to make as I will be leaving the miai in the morning." the Shiba bowed to the pair of Imperials. Walking up to the Unicorn he speaks softly in private conversation, "Apologies Shinjo-san, but should we meet again I do owe you a sparring match."
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri May 05, 2017 1:00 pm

"You will, Shiba Kaizen-san," she offered, similarly lowering her voice. "Though.. Was that truly what this Duel determined? Whether you could remain or not? It seems..." she shrugged, ensuring the motion didn't loosen the security of her weapon.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Hideo bowed to the Phoenix, looking to Mei and behind his Unicorn fan says to her "I feel like there's more to this story, ne?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Fri May 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Mei nod to Hideo

"No who is Kakita trained would leave a mark like that without it being on purpose. That was purely intentional. Something must have caused it"

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri May 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Yuki bowed in response to Kaizen, but said nothing for now. The results were clear, and the heavens had spoken on the matter. She sighed a little internally, it was a shame.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Miya Mei wrote:Mei nod to Hideo

"No who is Kakita trained would leave a mark like that without it being on purpose. That was purely intentional. Something must have caused it"

"It's certainly excessive. Shiba-san will have to wear that mark, and the shame of leaving the miai unmarried only adds to it."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Fri May 05, 2017 4:22 pm

"I have no idea what they were even dueling about, I arrived after the proclaimation."

Mei sighs

"To inflict such a scar...this could easily strain relations between the Crane and the Phoenix. The Shiba has a fair bit of renouwn about him from the Topaz Championship..."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri May 05, 2017 6:26 pm

"Miya-sama, Seppun-sama I appreciate your consideration. Kakita Jinosoku-san had what he believed a legitimate vendetta and as far as the Fortunes are concerned the outcome is in his favor. Ide Dabo-sama's decision to remove me from the miai so long as this vendetta remained in order for the Unicorn to not have this held against them by the Crane Clan. The only way I could stay was to end the vendetta. Since Kakita-san's claim was that I was unworthy to marry a Unicorn maiden that was the grounds on which I had to challenge him." Kaizen let out a haggard breath.

"Miya-sama if you know that much about the Tournament last year then you know that I faced Kakita Mariko-san in the iaijutsu second round. She hesitated and received a wound much like the one Jinosoku-san just administered. At the time I did not know that Mariko-san and Jinosoku-san were cousins. Two years prior Jinosoku-san faced my brother Shiba Kenshiro-san in the final iaijutsu match, Jinosoku-san killed my brother. His victory was tainted by what was called an accident as his technique was not as refined back then. Others believed he was so desperate to win he through caution into the wind. Regardless he was not given the title and it was passed down to the third competitor. My family had accepted the Kakita Academy's ruling and though we mourned the loss of Kenshiro-san, there was no cry for vengeance. While I am not a pacifist I would not allow a grudge to consume me. There will be no vendetta against Jinosoku-san, this story needs to end before it causes more harm. I will accept that burden as the Heaven's will it." The young Shiba just shook his head at mystery of the Heaven's will in this matter, then a thought. Would he have accepted it had I won? Would he have ruined more lives in defeat than victory?

-------------------------------------

ooc- see above that the wound was fully healed and no scar Isawa-san's rolls were good enough he edited the post
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat May 06, 2017 12:01 am

Seeing as others, the crowd, called Kaizen's attention away from her. Fei fell into her duty, simple as it was. Stepping backward until she was merely watching over the gathered people. As any other guard she shifted to the back of the scene. Focusing on watching that the others did not let tempers flare and maintained the authority of the Unicorn Clan where she stood.

That most of those gathered seemed to favor Kaizen, Fei did not see things escalating at all and was allowed the moment to relax, an easy watch.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat May 06, 2017 1:50 am

"The heavens have spoken, you did not need to inform us. Thank you for the information though" Hideo bowed, not approving of the man listening to their whispers but he didn't call him on it. He had just lost half his face after all.
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields