Rainbows and Unicorns [Day 9, EM]

Rainbows and Unicorns [Day 9, EM]

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed May 03, 2017 1:32 am

It was early when Imane arrived at the stables, makeup kits in hand. She had bottles of dye along with assorted brushes and various oils. Almatar seemed to know what was coming and was ready for the offering of figs and apples that usually accompanied the colouring of her mane. It was something her human seemed to enjoy.

Imane wore loose clothing that was modest but less so than a typical samurai-ko. It suited her needs for working with her companion in the stable. She sang a little tune as she prepared to re-colour Almatar's mane.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Re: Rainbows and Unicorns [Day 9, EM]

Postby Isawa Nonin on Wed May 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Having completed the prayers to Lady Sun, Nonin set about wandering which again, as it often did, brought him to the stables.

"Ohayo, Otaku-san," he smiled. "I hope you are well."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Wed May 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Aramoro was following the enchanting voice like a birder would follow the song of bird of paradise. The was a murmur that interrupted the angelic voice, but he had by then pinpointed the origin.

He walked into the stable seeing the peculiar sight of a young girl colouring the mane of a horse.

Oh yes, the Unicorn will never cease to surprise

He would have left her to it, but now that he had found the song bird, it would be a crime not to hear it speak.

"Does your horse appreciate your song as much as other samurai do?" He says with a smile. He was so smitten with his bird find that he failed to notice the Phoenix initially.

"Oh, Good morning Isawa-san. Have you been charmed by the singing as well?" He bows
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Isawa Nonin on Wed May 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Nonin bowed deeply to the Seppun. "It is quite lovely, Seppun-sama. It makes an ephemeral and charming counterpoint to the beauty of the horses here."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed May 03, 2017 8:53 pm

The sound of voices brought Imane back to herself. She was halfway through yellow. Looking out of Almatar's stall she spotted one familiar face and one she had yet to meet. Judging by the size of the second man's hat he was probably important. She continued to sing as she rose and bowed to the two men, eventually ending the song.

"Ohayou minna-sama, good morning to you both. Isawa Nonin-san, so lovely to see you again. I am well thank you, have you been enjoying the miai? And..."

She looked at the second man's clothes, recognising something about the style from her meetings with Seppun Hideo.

"... Seppun-sama? You are very kind." She smiled and patted her horse's flank. "Almatar does seem to like my singing. Or at least, she does not complain. I am Otaku Imane, of the Shiotome."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Isawa Nonin on Wed May 03, 2017 11:02 pm

"An honor to see you again, Otaku-san," bowed Nonin.

"And forgive my impoliteness, Seppun-sama, I am Isawa Nonin, shugenja of the Phoenix."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu May 04, 2017 1:36 pm

He bows to both "Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial families."

"It is a shame I have so late in the Miai only seen the stables today and not earlier. Seems there are majestic things are to be seen here."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Imane smiled at both of her visitors. "Well Almatar would thank you for your compliment if she were able." A hand moved up to stroke the mighty horse's nose.

"I recall you wished to meet Almatar up close Isawa-san. She is a good judge of character. If you would like to approach her more closely I am sure she will agree."

Her attention shifted to the Imperial with the fancy hat.

"I have had the pleasure of meeting Seppun Hideo-san a few times in the last week. Do you have similar backgrounds Seppun-san?" She could see he did not carry a katana, which suggested that he was not a member of their Bushi school.
Otaku Imane

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Nonin slowly approaches the horse, he is cautious but not afraid of the animal. "Almatar-san should look even more lovely once you are done, Otaku-san."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Nonin would be able to see where the greens, blues and violets were starting to fade. Almatar seemed unconcerned by the approaching Phoenix, but turned her head to watch him.

"I am sure that she appreciates your kind words Isawa-san." Imane seemed to as well. The surest way to please an Otaku was to compliment her horse.
Otaku Imane

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 4:29 pm

"It has been lovely to be among the Unicorn who take such an interest in animals," he says. "Such is rare among the more settled members of the Empire."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 5:39 pm

"We would not be who we are without our steeds Isawa-san. It sounds as though joining the Unicorn will suit you well." She smiled and watched him with her horse. Almatar seemed to take to the Phoenix quite readily.
Otaku Imane

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu May 04, 2017 5:45 pm

"Domo, Otaku-san," he nodded. "I hope to do as much as I can to bond the Empire and the Unicorn together."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 5:26 am

Her smile flashed to the Imperial as well, but the man seemed to be considering his next words carefully. She patted Almatar as Nonin took a closer look. "I have some fruit if you would like to feed her. Perhaps you could tell me about your thoughts on how to bring the Unicorn and Empire closer together?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 am

He was observing the horse and his interaction with the 2 other samurai when he responded

I have had the pleasure of meeting Seppun Hideo-san a few times in the last week. Do you have similar backgrounds Seppun-san?" She could see he did not carry a katana, which suggested that he was not a member of their Bushi school.

"Well yes, very observant of you Unicorn-sama. Although I did not train at that same time, we underwent the same training. Do you have siblings that are priests?"

He listens carefully at her question put to the Isawa.
Seppun Aramoro

Next

Return to The Stables