[D9 LM] the end is neigh

Re: [D9 LM] the end is neigh

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 11:51 am

Same probably applies to your spouse... Dong-Ha mused to himself, though was wise enough to not voice his thoughts. "Well, it didn't follow us here." his eyes flickered southwards for a moment. "Yet, I am sure that most of us wonder... if that thing will return, one day." A small sigh escaped from his lips. "Should that day come, all we can do is to stand ready."

"Some, do, aye. My kin was able to craft magical crystals, embodying the light of Lady Sun herself. Such stones, when wielded by the strong, could push the darkness away. Yet, we only had so many of them... and the darkness felt endless."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu May 04, 2017 11:54 am

Kogo listens intently, serious as a lion. "It is all one can do. Stand and train, to be ready for the moment when one's sword is needed. " She thinks for a moment. "Or one's other abilities." Kogo looks intrigued. This is the second time she has heard of such a thing. "Otaku Chi-pu had mentioned such a thing to me. I have not seen such a thing, but I gather they must be powerful indeed, to push back so. How did they work?" She says, curiosity writ across her face.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 12:19 pm

"I have no idea." Dong-Ha admitted, shaking his head. "I was too young to be allowed to study, let along yield such things." He licked his lips to moisten them. "I am sure we will share their secrets, if the darkness follows us. Secrets have never been our way." Shinjo had raised her clan to be curious and compassionate, not secretive and callous. "Well, I hope so, at least."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu May 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Kogo listens, though slightly disappointed to not learn more. "I am sure they were valuable objects. Perhaps, we will not need them. That would be a blessing." Though unlikely. She looks at him, a smile on her face. "It is one of the hallmarks of the Unicorn clan that I have found. Their honesty and sincerity. It is..quite lovely." Her ears blush a bit, thinking of some of the honesty she has received, both good and bad.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Seeing her blush caused him to fluster. "Uhm.. erm.." the young man stammered, shuffling where he stood as he sought for something to say. Where that stout Lioness had disappeared? "Well, that is what Shinjo-kami emphasized." Dong-H added, finally regaining his composure. "I am... happy that Matsu-san can appreciate it. Maybe our people are not as different as I thought." Well, then there were the Moto who were 'that different'. "You are only as good as your word, among us. If we cannot trust our kin... who can we?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu May 04, 2017 1:20 pm

Oops. Think serious thoughts. Serious thoughts....Duty...cold water....porridge. Ok, got it.

"There is much to be appreciated in it. Honesty is a prized gift. It is a tenant of Bushido, but in the world of the courts, sometimes, it is less prized than sincerity." She smiles. "Though some of my kin might disagree with me, I prefer honesty in most things. This miai has merely reinforced my appreciation of it."

She looks at the Iuchi, her eyes direct. "There is much to what you say. If one's word is broken, it becomes easier to do so. Down that path lies difficulties. " Her eyes become a tinch distance, as she says, "Kin are the bonds that hold us, and bind us. The Unicorn have an excellent balance within their clan for such things, from what I have seen. I am sure it has brought you far, through darkness."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 2:26 pm

"I cannot find any fault in honesty. What kind of lord would want to hear sweet words from her retainers. What kind of spouse would not want for honest word? This new world that we are now part of, sometimes confuses me. For people speak with flowers while holding dung in their laps." Dong-Ha chuckled dryly. "What good can come of deception, ever?" Little did he know, both Tomoe and Hotaru had lied to him.

"Aye, it's hard to trust a forsworn man." he could bu agree with her.

"Matsu-san... is too kind." Dong-Ha's cheeks reddened. "... we are not as united as we might seem. Each of the families have their own opinions and ideas... the Moto being perhaps the best example of this. They used to be a tribe called Uji-Hai before joining us. "I don't know if anyone told you this. They were all foreign, yet Moto-shiryo, the leader of the tribe of that time impressed Shinjo-kami with his knowledge that she let him and his kin to bend knee to her."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu May 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Kogo thinks long and hard about her answer, though her first impulse is to agree whole heartedly. "I agree with you whole heartedly Iuchi-san. However, I also know that there are others who have sought to teach me other ways of thinking and there is some value there. "

She takes a short breath, slightly nervous. "Sometimes...deception can be for protection of another. Or to avoid a conflict. I have seen it used as such and though I do not agree with it, I also cannot deny that a duel for no purpose has its own consequences. To say when one does not like an individual, simply because one is asked is also a sort of problem in its own right. One cannot do one's duty if one is dead."

She thinks for a moment, choosing her words carefully. "I do not like the thought. It is against my nature. But perhaps spending time more with courtiers and particularly with those of the Scorpion clan...I can see that perfect honesty can often not exist in this world, though I wish it."

She nods at his description but is puzzled by the blushing slightly. Does he not enjoy bragging of his kin? How different. "I had heard such a thing. Some of your Shinjo kinsmen had been telling me and helping me understand their different ways."

Including the tradition of abducting willing brides.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 11:56 pm

"I guess that could be a case. Someone lying to their lord to prevent her from making a grave mistake, but at that point the lie itself is least of your worries." He pondered, seeming to agree with her.

"Mhhmm one must balance sincerity with courtesy. One does not always need to speak one's mind. There are many ways to put ones words and if some unfortunatext truth can be avoided... maybe it should be, if bringing it up would lead to greater disaster." Dong-Ha frowned as the idea bothered him. "Though I would not wish to find myself in a situation like that."

"There is nothing yo be gained from calling the might fool a fool... if everyone already knows it. As for the Scorpion I was told they wear masks to remind us that we are all more than we let others see. I think they are pretentious busybodies." He added with a dry chuckle. "Not that they are all bad people but... that thing just seems so confusing."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 12:12 am

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"I guess that could be a case. Someone lying to their lord to prevent her from making a grave mistake, but at that point the lie itself is least of your worries." He pondered, seeming to agree with her.

"Mhhmm one must balance sincerity with courtesy. One does not always need to speak one's mind. There are many ways to put ones words and if some unfortunatext truth can be avoided... maybe it should be, if bringing it up would lead to greater disaster." Dong-Ha frowned as the idea bothered him. "Though I would not wish to find myself in a situation like that."

"There is nothing yo be gained from calling the might fool a fool... if everyone already knows it. As for the Scorpion I was told they wear masks to remind us that we are all more than we let others see. I think they are pretentious busybodies." He added with a dry chuckle. "Not that they are all bad people but... that thing just seems so confusing."

Kogo chuckles. " I have a suspicion that some of the Scorpion possibly delight in being confusing. It seems to be part of their joy. I do not understand, but it is their way." She listens intently to the rest of his words. "It is complex and not as simple as the words of Bushido lay out. I thought...that if I followed their tenets precisely, all would be clear. But there is complexity I never imagined within them. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 12:32 am

"I guess I'll ask Bayushi-san about it. She is kink diviner, truly favoured by the Fortunes. She has been kind enough to tell me about the ways of her kin." He explained slowly, careful to chose words that would cause no offence. "Has Matsu-san met her perhaps?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 12:41 am

Kogo's eyes widen slightly. Uhh....kink diviner? Is that...is that a thing? "Nooo....I have not. I have known one of her kinsman, Bayushi Suteichi-san for some months. He has told me of their clan. " Though apparently not everything...
Last edited by Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 12:57 am

"She is kinda small, this tall maybe." He howevered hand about five feet from the ground. "Looks like a small girl, but wise beyond her years." Dong-Ha added with a hint of respect in his voice. "She also seemed to know Bayushi Suteichi-san. We had lunch once together... though he was more focused on Ide Amaya-san than the food."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 1:16 am

Kogo listened to that and finally put two and two together on who had been spreading such rumors about Amaya. "Ahh. Yes. He can be quite focused at times." She looks at him, thinking of whether she was met this Bayushi. "I think I may have met her in passing but we have not conversed. She is wise, you say?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri May 05, 2017 1:49 am

"She is. And she understands the strands of fate like the were the chords of her clothing. It was her... who told me to seize the opportunity. And I did.. and here I am, maybe having found my match." Dong-Ha explained, smiling shyly. "Maybe Matsu-san ought to talk to her, if she has any such worries."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field