Politics Between Neighbors (D9 - EE, Takeo's Room)

Re: Politics Between Neighbors (D9 - EE, Takeo's Room)

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Yawarakai's face fell slightly and adopted a conciliatory appearance.

"That is a shame... still, no need to delay the inevitable I suppose. What is it that you with to 'impress and impose' upon me?" he asked, his lips retaining a faint shadow of the former warm smile.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed May 03, 2017 3:12 pm

"It is no secret, in spite of your housing, that the Unicorn recognize your value as a spouse and a participant at the miai. You will likely have a strong choice to make in respect to which Unicorn you select to wed, I imagine," he said, resuming his formal posture.

"I was wondering if you had given any thought to whom you might choose, should the opportunity present itself to you?"

He paused and took a moment to prepare the Shosuro's coffee as he had requested it before handing the cup over.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Yawarakai nodded in thanks as he took the coffee. He held it under his nose to sniff for several seconds before lifting it to his lips.

"Huh.... not as sharp as the last cup I had. I wonder if there are spices in it, or something...." the Shosuro mused before returning his gaze to Takeo.

"If there is any benefit to my prior circumstances, then it left me with plenty of time to contemplate those who the Unicorn had brought with them. Or what I knew of them, in any case, but to answer your question Kitsune-sama yes I have. As have you, I imagine, neh?"
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu May 04, 2017 12:00 am

"Indeed - as any of us attending should," he returned.

"The interesting aspect of the miai, of course, is how the participants are ordered and how they are then allowed to select spouses. Given that the miai is drawing to a close, I thought it might be best to see if any of the other attendees were considering the same spouses that I was and to see how, if possible, such conflicts might be resolved."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Thu May 04, 2017 12:58 am

"It is interesting, I suppose. Who is the subject of your deconfliction interests then? Otaku Imane-san, most highly regarded of their samurai-ko? Shinjo Liu Yue, the Slayer of the great serpent and clever as well. So who are you seeking?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu May 04, 2017 9:56 am

"Shosuro-sama is most astute," Takeo replied in a slow and measured tone, "Otaku Kitakuhime is one I would aspire to wed, though I suppose that may not be all that shocking, given her position among the Unicorn here. What of you, Shosuro-sama? Do we aim towards the same target?" he asked.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am

"There is certainly that possibility Kitsune-sama," Yawarakai answered in kind.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 am

"The world is full of many possibilities, Shosuro-sama. I simply find myself wondering, if we are so aligned, if I might dissuade this one from happening."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Thu May 04, 2017 11:51 am

Yawarakai chuckled, "Why, though?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu May 04, 2017 12:23 pm

"Well, in a sense it is the most politically advantageous marriage at hand for my clan. My aunt will likely produce an heir, so my claim to the title of champion will soon matter less. The Fox and the Unicorn share a common ancestry and my marriage to the Daughter of the Otaku would serve to resolidify those common bonds with a new commitment to the future of our families and clans."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Thu May 04, 2017 1:45 pm

"And my marriage to her would not do the same if not more, considering your line of succession may be altered where mine has far less doubt," Yawarakai answered, shrugging again.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu May 04, 2017 1:53 pm

"Winds being what they are at present, Shosuro-sama, if you were to marry Otaku Kitakuhime, you would be ceding your birthright to your younger siblings. And you, unlike I, are well positioned to become family daimyo," he replied.

"Certainly your marriage may do much to solidify positive relations with the Unicorn. But such relationships, especially between two such prominent persons, might cause strain to existing relationships and alliances that the Scorpion currently maintain. Such as with the Lion perhaps? " he asked, posing the possibility of unrest that could arise.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Thu May 04, 2017 2:08 pm

"Perhaps, if it were indelicately presented. Or we could just as easily be the bridge between the Unicorn and Lion and bring a third party into our alliance," Yawarakai expressed as an off-hand thought. He sipped his coffee and then added, "And winds can change. The winds you refer to simply reflect that my mother, though expecting much of me, has only afforded me as much political support as my present duties entitle. If I were simply a member of her court, stationed as her heir, it's probable that I would be received more highly. And, like the winds, all of this can change with little warning."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu May 04, 2017 2:11 pm

"Winds change constantly. But I take it that your wind is currently blowing towards Otaku Kitakuhime and no other winds are currently contesting that headwind?"

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Thu May 04, 2017 2:14 pm

"None that I am aware of," Yawarakai confirmed with a shrug, "It is what it is."
Shosuro Yawarakai

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms