The Unicorn and Scorpion (D8 LA) [Mizuki's Room]

Re: The Unicorn and Scorpion (D8 LA) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed May 03, 2017 11:20 pm

"Yes, it's at a crossroads in the desert," Baatar replied. "So a lot of merchant caravans find their way there, bearing all kinds of goods. Diplomats, too, to talk about war and peace among the desert tribes; and travelers from faraway nations. The Ide did most of the talking when we were there, but I think you might like it, too."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 04, 2017 1:08 am

"It does sound interesting. We'll see if the Emperor decides to change anything regarding trade with the gaijin. Would you like to go back?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu May 04, 2017 1:12 am

"It might be nice to visit the Jewel of the Desert again sometime," Baatar allowed. "But my place - along with all the other Unicorn - is in Rokugan now." He sounded definite.

"Maybe it'd be fun to see the cities of Rokugan, though," he mused. "What is Ryoko Owari like? You said it's a good place to see a play; I'd like to visit sometime."
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 04, 2017 1:27 am

It's a wonderful city, though it does have a rougher side like this Me..din..aat al..-Sa..laam. It has probably the largest variation of entertainment that you will find in the Empire. It has largely focused on trade since Soshi-dono has taken over as Governor so there has been influx on wealth which in turn has lead to new ventures and more businesses."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu May 04, 2017 2:40 am

"What are the best things to see in Ryoko Owari, for someone who is visiting and has never seen it?" Baatar asked. "Or the best things to do while there?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 04, 2017 2:40 am

"Well, that depends. What do you like to do for fun?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu May 04, 2017 11:57 am

"I like riding, but that's not really a big city thing, I know," Baatar said. "I like watching performers, like musicians, storytellers and actors. Maybe seeing famous landmarks, too, if there are any?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 04, 2017 3:36 pm

"We don't have many storytellers per se. Most of are stories are told in the theater, and we have many of them. My favorite for the dramatic is the Red Mask, owned by a Shosuro Hanabei. Although it is actually owned by a Yasuki, the Laughing Carp usually has the best comedies. Musicians can be a little tricky. There's not many that live there other than Soshi-dono's court. Many travel though and we get some of the Empire's best coming through. As far as landmark's, we have many beautiful gardens."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu May 04, 2017 6:20 pm

"So theatres and gardens," Baatar said, nodding. "That sounds like a good start. I'll be sure to visit your city sometime, if I'm allowed; it sounds like an interesting place. Is it very far from here?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri May 05, 2017 1:38 am

Mizuki shakes her head. "It's not very far from here. At least, considering what your Clan is used to."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 am

"Then I shall have to visit for sure," Baatar promised. "I don't know where I'll end up after the miai.... It's probably not up to me, to be honest. But with a little luck, maybe it won't be too far to go." He smiled warmly.
Moto Baatar

Previous

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms