(Day 9, EE) Hog in the Fog (Khulun's Tent, Closed)

Re: (Day 9, EE) Hog in the Fog (Khulun's Tent, Closed)

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 am

He grins at her affectionately. He still adores her in a way that really needs no definitions. "Butaj hasn't seen him ever since. Maybe he ran into some love drama and skinned up? He hasn't come to Butaj for love advice though. He would be better off if he had." Butaj shrugs. "Butaj has found that they know more of the outside than they publicly let on, so we are not as huge a surprise to them as they want us to believe. They play it up to bend us to their customs, to be more like them, it's convenient for them. Some are more like that, some are curious of who we are, some just want our horses and knowledge of the Sands. They keep things close to their chests, so sometimes it's our honesty against their duplicity. But their culture makes them often unhappy, with lots of bad, pent-up juices. Forbidden this, forbidden that, don't be yourself..." Butaj parrots Fukawa and mocks fanning himself with his hand, then laughs and shrugs. "But sometimes it's all not at all and everything is fine, like with Butaj's dear Yuki. So as it always is, we need to sift friend from foe and give each what they deserve."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 03, 2017 8:47 pm

“I agree that some are here for an edge over us, others I think are genuinely interested. Thankfully I have met more that seem interested than not. Maybe they only say so to find brides and husbands, but if a crow pretends to be a sparrow long enough it might actually think it is a sparrow yes?” she says.

“Others like the Doctor; we can run them down and leave them for the vultures, which reminds me, there is a dark matter I want you to be aware of if not already, cousin.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 03, 2017 8:51 pm

He nods. "Butaj has sensed something is afoot but has waited patiently for being told what it is." He looks at Khulun, all other matters forgotten for now.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 pm

“Yes, there was a visitor a dark one named the Onyx Champion he came with a request for aid; Shino Monkhbaatar, Ide Samai, and myself; we were joined by a Moshi and the Mantis… and Iuchi Saksaha. They came via a vision but the rest through my own words after meeting messengers sent by the Onyx Champion,” she says honestly.

“This was the night before the singing competition. The Onyx Champion gave us news that Shinjo still lives and is captured by an evil called the Lying Darkness, so evil not even the Dark Brother would ally with it. The Onyx Champion wants our aid, by using our dead for his armies and he would tell us where the Darkness has Shinjo.”

“It is a dark offer, but to have Shinjo… I don’t know. I say no, we should find another way but I sent a letter to the Champion of our clan, and she will decide the truth of things. I wanted you to know… in case, I just needed you to know the truth,” she says.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Butaj reaches out to hold her hand to reassure even though his own thoughts could not be more bipolar. The legend of Lady Shinjo has ever been important for him and with lack of legitimacy by birthright he has always striven to be the true Unicorn by following her life's example as it was relayed to him. T suddenly learn that she may be alive was more than he could hold at once. And yet he tried, over a rich projection of shifting emotions on his face.

"Butaj... tries to absorb it. It's much... too much. But... if she lives and is trapped... it means just that. The offer just comes on top of it. They want a dire thing, so they will tell us that only they can help us. Maybe it is not true, just want to take advantage of that we don't know what the place is, and what this Lying Darkness is. But we have faced many dark things, and we live. Butaj has no idea how bad this Onyx Champion is but probably really bad. Maybe he wants to play us. And what better way than to tell us that the most precious someone we have ever lost is not lost? This makes Butaj's mind spin very wild. Also, is this Onyx Champion an enemy of the Jade Champion? Siding with the Onyx would be very bad." He looks back at her with conflicted gaze.

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Khulun takes the hand and nods but is silent as she figured he needed a moment to consume all of that at once. She eats to fill the silence and then says, “The relic is real, this Onyx Champion has his minions pluck it from Shinjo while she was imprisoned by the Lying Darkness.”

“I have sent it to Shinjo-dono and let her decide what must be done. This Onyx Champion could be playing us, could be trying to steer us down a dark path but if he isn’t lying… if he speaks true on that one point then Shinjo lives and we did nothing.”

“I am not sure if I could live with such shame if it is true.”

She grips his hand tighter, “Yet, I do not think we should make this champion any stronger with our dead. He plays as friend while he holds knife to our backs tipped with poison that will consume all. It is an evil choice from an evil mind.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 pm

"Butaj thinks Sayyeda is right. To learn this was the best thing you could have done, but we owe no loyalty to the dark. Lady Shinjo is ours to free, not theirs to give us. The Unicorn shall do what the Champion decides." Butaj's thoughts are still erratic, but he genuinely tries. "Lady Shinjo alive... Winds be still and gale!" He rubs his face energetically. "Asako Yuki... told Butaj of the Phoenix Inquisitors. They are good in fighting the foul, from times before the Jade Champion. Maybe they will know something?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 pm

“Perhaps they will, one is big hero from what I am told. We must move with care, the Scorpion know of this and they already claim we serve evil. I almost killed the Doctor for calling Unicorn children for dealing with the Onyx Champion,” she says bitterly.

“He apologized like coward when I challenge him. That one is no good for Unicorn, bad meat.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Butaj inhales and frowns. "The Scorpion are not easy to understand and deal with. We'll have to learn to do it, they are neighbors. How to do it best Butaj doesn't know. But bad horse needs tight harness, good horse may have loose harness."

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed May 03, 2017 11:58 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj inhales and frown. "The Scorpion are not easy to understand and deal with. We'll have to learn to do it, they are neighbors. How to do it best Butaj doesn't know. But bad horse needs tight harness, good horse may have loose harness."

“I knew you would see the right of it,” she says comforted by his words.

“They are too smooth by half, but those I have met have been reasonable; Yuuru most of all. I am sorry if I have troubled you, cousin.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu May 04, 2017 12:10 am

He caresses her hand and smiles. "More and more Butaj prefers to know things than to don't know. If Butaj becomes an Asako, he will have to learn great many things and be the connection between the Unicorn and the knowledge of the Phoenix. Butaj doesn't yet know how to go about it, but he knows one thing. Maybe ignorant people are happier, but with Yuki Butaj will be so happy that he can carry a few heavier burdens. Like knowing about those dark things. Butaj has come here to move past worse life and find a meaningful one. Khulun has helped him to be a stronger, better man, and so now he is. The good we give lives on, and Butaj won't forget about it." He leans in to hug Khulun in a supportive way. "Yuuru is a good guy, Butaj thinks. It would be good if one of the girls brought him in."

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu May 04, 2017 12:16 am

She hugs him back and says, “If the Lion is not meant to be, then I would bring this Scorpion home… or become Soshi, whatever is needed. He is adventurous.”

“We have learned much in these few days…”

“Today though… right now I just wish to see Butaj happy and whole and I am glad for his friendship and love.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu May 04, 2017 1:04 am

"You have them, now and ever." Butaj whispers as they cuddle. "Butaj wants to name his first daughter Khulun."

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"You have them, now and ever." Butaj whispers as they cuddle. "Butaj wants to name his first daughter Khulun."

“You are far too kind noble Butaj,” she says with a reddening of her cheeks.

“I am sure you will have many children and grow old to be a happy old man giving wisdom to whatever clan you join. Hopefully the Phoenix and Asako.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri May 05, 2017 4:13 am

He pulls out slightly, to hold hands, and grins. "Butaj will do his best! He feels Yuki will do her best too! We have not laid together yet because of the whole eastern propriety but Butaj has felt her passion for Butaj without any doubt and now he doesn't make bets who will outlast whom under the stars!"

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts