Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Daisuke had arrived a bit early for the event but lingered near the back of the building. Dressed somewhat simply in a grey Kimono of good cloth with a simple black obi, the mons for the Badger and the Daidoji scout school were visible on his sleeves.

Looking around he observed the crowd wondering if he would find anyone he knew.

((Pm if you approach.))
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Shinjo Akil wrote:She is, in fact, eventually approached by one Shinjo Akil. I must be polite to all of the new guests. He offered her a bow, and waited to speak. She might have been important, after all! And the Ide did say that if someone was important, you wait for them to decide it's time to talk to you.

She greets (possibly her first) Unicorn. Hello, Unicorn-san. This one is Yogo Mizuki of the Scorpion Clan. It is a pleasure to meet you.

"The pleasure is mine, Yogo-sama. This one is Shinjo Akil, Bushi of the Unicorn." He rose calmly, looking off towards the procession again
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Hideo remained quiet as the man spoke, listening to the words with a nod of agreement.

So many here will fail to respect that I'm sure. Hopefully the Unicorn have been given at least a little etiquette training....

He smiled as the man finished. A banquet would be a real test, and he looked over those gathered here to see reactions.

(ooc - big thread, pm to approach)
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:He offers a returned bow that is lower and definitely not as well practiced, not that she would know. But it was as much about practicing and doing the right thing as it was for Chou's sake.

"Definitely low enough for me Mirumoto-san," he says with a bright voice. "And if it wasn't by etiquette rules then I wouldn't be able to tell you. I'm still trying to get a grasp on them all. You're friend is quite cute. I can't say I've ever seen anything like her. But unfortunately right now Meushi is preoccupied in the stables for now so I can't introduce you at the moment. Hopefully some other time though."

"I'd like that," Chou readily admitted. "And rest assured, Shinjo-san, I am difficult to offend. Saku, less so, but you appear on good footing with her. She was a gift from a Mantis who found my injury amusing."

Her grin showed absolutely no sign that she disliked that assessment.

"Lovely fellow. He thought scorpions in a jar--the bugs, not the samurai--were amusing too. Worth it," she added, cracking her fingers absently.

"Do you have plans for Rokugan?" she asked.
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Mirumoto Chou wrote:"I'd like that," Chou readily admitted. "And rest assured, Shinjo-san, I am difficult to offend. Saku, less so, but you appear on good footing with her. She was a gift from a Mantis who found my injury amusing."

Her grin showed absolutely no sign that she disliked that assessment.

"Lovely fellow. He thought scorpions in a jar--the bugs, not the samurai--were amusing too. Worth it," she added, cracking her fingers absently.

"Do you have plans for Rokugan?" she asked.

"Well, he sounds like a generous and easily entertained fellow. And I'm glad that Saku seems to have a positive opinion so far. As for my plans for Rokugan... I think I'm really just dreaming of getting the opportunity to travel the lands. To visit everywhere I can before my time in this world is up. And it'd be nice to have someone interested in doing so with me by my side. But I suspect that's a dream of more than a few Unicorn and they can't just let us all go do that."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"The Ide have made sure that we have some idea of our new home." Dong-Ha explained, nodding at Dabo. "I cannot say I know much, besides that your kin is known for their sea faring skills." he added with a soft shrug. "We have so much to learn, of the Empire and of its people." Then again, that was why they were here. "Crane, Scorpion and Lion." Dong-Ha nodded, trying to sore the different clan heartlands in his mind. "That must have taken quite a while?"

"Some time yes. Fortunately, we can travel well on land as well. Though yes, inhabitating an island chain as we do does make seafaring quite natural for us. Fortunately, one can travel along the rivers for some of the journey."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Yuuru nodded as he listened to the announcement from the governor and nodded deferentially as he finished speaking. He looked up to the hot sun with squinting eyes for a moment before turning his gaze back to those who were present.

An interesting lot...
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Kogo arrived on time, though slightly rushed, with Noburu groomed and proper by her side. Though far more comfortable in her sturdier clothes, Kogo wore her good kimono, with jewelery, fan and sandals.Proud Lion colors, with the Matsu mon on the back made her remember her need to make her family proud and remember her etiquette lessons.

Kogo listened intently to the words of the Ide host, thrilled to the core by his speech on Bushido's tenets. It spoke to her idealistic soul to hear stirring words at a time like this.

As she looked around, she saw so many different people attending, most of whom she hadn't met. Her shyness crept up for a brief moment, but she felt determined to stay and at least try to meet people. She walked closer towards the other Matsu she recognized but saw he was in conversation, so she began to watch other individuals.

(Please PM if approaching! Big thread)
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Some time yes. Fortunately, we can travel well on land as well. Though yes, inhabitating an island chain as we do does make seafaring quite natural for us. Fortunately, one can travel along the rivers for some of the journey."

"Ah, that must have made the journey more tolerable." He didn't fancy the idea of walking for weeks after having had to ride for several years. "Pray tell me..." he began with his slightly broken Rokugani. "What kind of stories they tell of the Ki-Rin among your kin?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Court was always crowded...even when court consisted of a single lion building surrounded by barbarian tents. Some days it paid to be the hunter, and seek out one's conversational partner....and some days it paid to let the prey come to you. Each had it's advantages, and disadvantages....but one could always change their mind.

A petite Crane maiden in a blue kimono highlighted with silver lilies examined her fan, a delicate work of cherry blossoms upon a spring lake. Waiting, for now.

(PM if approached)
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"I was born on the coast, though I did not get to see it. I have traveled many different lands since my birth, the last however were not so easy to enjoy, as it was filled with Shadows."

Chi-Pu looks a little uneasy for a moment at the memory.

"It is certainly a blessing to be able to travel. There is so much to see and experience. Tell me, what are your lands at home like?"

"My duties until recently have been to a small village at the most northeasternly portion of Phoenix lands. It lies in the lower hills of the Great Wall of the North. It is very stark, I suppose, if one is more accustomed to lush plant life at every turn. Even pines struggle at times. Still, the peaks themselves are striking and we have a lot of snow each year that is beautifully lit by our sunrises." Candidly, he added, "I attempted to learn to paint to do it justice but, alas, it does not seem that I have an artist's touch for such matters."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Butaj arrives to listen to Ide Dabo! He feels strongly about what Ide Dabo says, and nods vigorously in approval throughout the speech and claps during pauses. Some of the samurai around look funny, but Butaj has promised himself not to be presumptuous and is going to give everyone a chance. Especially as he becomes engrossed in the sense of community with the others he has projected onto himself.

(Butaj is approachable!)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Ide Samai wrote:She smiled again. "Hai, I have heard stories. I'm looking forward to it, especially winter. Can you describe it?" She asked, her eagerness leaking through. "The Ikoma I talked earlier painted a vivid picture of splendid beauty."

"I do not have the poetic words of an Ikoma, but in Winter there will be a coating of snow. How deep? Well that will be Inari-no-kami's whim. The trees will be bare, leaves long gone. The birds will be different. Some will have stayed, some left, others arrived to replace them. I have always had a sense of waiting in Winter. Waiting for the snows to melt and the growth of spring to begin."

And the season of War to arrive.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"My duties until recently have been to a small village at the most northeasternly portion of Phoenix lands. It lies in the lower hills of the Great Wall of the North. It is very stark, I suppose, if one is more accustomed to lush plant life at every turn. Even pines struggle at times. Still, the peaks themselves are striking and we have a lot of snow each year that is beautifully lit by our sunrises." Candidly, he added, "I attempted to learn to paint to do it justice but, alas, it does not seem that I have an artist's touch for such matters."

"I admire your desire to learn an artisan skill. Your words paint a picture well too however. I myself have not found the time to learn something like that. Perhaps someday."

Chi-Pu shifts again, squeezing her thighs a little as Tianma begins to move, stopping the horse.

"The Great Wall? I have not heard of it. I heard some speak of the Carpenter Wall, though I know little about that either. Is it the same?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Ah, that must have made the journey more tolerable." He didn't fancy the idea of walking for weeks after having had to ride for several years. "Pray tell me..." he began with his slightly broken Rokugani. "What kind of stories they tell of the Ki-Rin among your kin?"

"I'm not really very versed in stories or history, I'm afraid. I know you left the Empire a few decades before the Mantis was founded."

Tell him about....

...hmmm....

They say the Unicorn can transform into their horses!

Yeah! Their horses are just unicorn in disguise!

"Uhh... I suppose I've heard a few people talk about how you can shape-shift? Is that true?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center