The Hollow Awards

Re: The Hollow Awards

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 01, 2017 7:13 am

Guess Hiroji has more Hida in himself than he'd like to admit.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:Kemuri listened carefully to the instructions, wishing they were a little less vague.

How much is a pinch?

When the moment of truth came, he did not die. He wasn't sure of that, but he hoped he was experiencing the vision quest that had been intended. He definitely found himself in a different realm, regardless of how he got there. It was time then, to find some hint of things to come.

He wandered through a great city, as large as he remembered Medinaat al-Salaam was and everything he imagined the capital city to be. At the center, he found a gargantuan statue. This was surely of a great Emperor or even a Fortune.

Wait... was that Butaj...?

I must have mixed the herbs wrong...
____
Mixing Up Herbs: Success
Enter The Spirit Realm: Success
Glimpse the Future: Failure

2 Points
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Kitteh's trip is my favorite trip so far.

Subject: IUCHI EVENT: Spirit Quest (D9, Early Night)

Matsu Yurio wrote:Yurio didn't really listen to the instructions, he already had a plan. Once given the herbs he sniffed every one and only put the ones he liked into the mix. It was an excellent plan. No one else had thought of it.

Once heated and handed back to him he downed it in one and sat to meditate. Tying back his hair he put on his best meditating face.

Soon things began to go a bit trippy. Not so much an out of body experience as an out of his head experience. His first step on the Quest for the Question was when the Owl of Wisdom told him to climb the Tree of Life. Which had just appeared out of nowhere beside them.

He did so, yet at the same time he sat still. He had mastered being in two places at once. Wooooahhhh! Once he had climbed the tree he found Inu and Neko floating in space. They gave him the next part of his quest. To find the Peacock of the Ages!

He set off immediately, floating on air. Soon he found the Peacock's Guardian and defeated the fiery spirit after an epic kenjutsu duel that would be remembered forever! They had leapt around time and space, clashing blade against fire for almost an hour.

As the guardian collapsed into a pile of ash and blew away on the coloured winds of antiquity, Yurio faced the Peacock of the Ages and completed his quest.

KITTEH CAN DO ANYTHING!!! He asked the question of the future . . . but his vision faded away. To outsiders the littlest Lion had slumped forward almost immediately and proceeded to drool quietly into the ground for the last half hour before starting to snore.

/ooc

Mixing Up Herbs: Unskilled, VP for +1k1, TN 15 = 15; 1 Spirit Point
Enter The Spirit Realm: Unskilled, VP for +1k1, TN 15 = 12; 0 Spirit Points and out

Total = 1 Spirit Point

Serious honorable mention to Yue, Kemuri, and Ryori, though. (And probably others, that's just off the top of my head.)
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Serious honorable mention to Yue, Kemuri, and Ryori, though. (And probably others, that's just off the top of my head.)

I'm glad someone noticed my sad feels xD
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Miya Mei on Wed May 03, 2017 8:31 pm

I'm not sure if this belongs in here or in the Trollokos thread...

Kharmic Strike only to miss the target
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu May 04, 2017 9:50 am

Subject: Gift Return (D10, LA)

Doji Fukawa wrote:Doji Fukawa and Takahiro were on the hunt for Moto Butaj. It seemed impossible that one with a presence of his size could be missed, and yet she had not seen him. He was not out riding his horse. His voice was not leading you to him with a song. There was no music in the air. No screams of pleasure from his Yurt, or any of the likely candidates.

Where was he? The shrine seemed an unlikely choice, but it was that or start knocking on random yurts.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu May 04, 2017 11:59 am

Subject: Revealing Winds (D9, LA, Expecting)

Shosuro Yawarakai wrote: There are no others here for me but you, and I will do what I can to see that you are happy and fulfilled. Not just the Otaku's heir, but you."

DAYUMN!
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu May 04, 2017 1:43 pm

[D10, LM, Expecting] Oh... Oh what is this, now?

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:He looks like he's about to die of embarrassment. "Uh..." He thinks for a moment, before bowing deeply and saying. "I am sorry otaku-sama. So sorry. I am a crude man, I can't... I can't words sometimes." His face is beet red when he straightens himself and realizes how he fumbled with his words.

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:"I can't words sometimes."

I love it.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Subject: [D9 LM] the end is neigh

Matsu Kogo wrote:Oops. Think serious thoughts. Serious thoughts....Duty...cold water....porridge. Ok, got it.

"There is much to be appreciated in it. Honesty is a prized gift. It is a tenant of Bushido, but in the world of the courts, sometimes, it is less prized than sincerity." She smiles. "Though some of my kin might disagree with me, I prefer honesty in most things. This miai has merely reinforced my appreciation of it."

She looks at the Iuchi, her eyes direct. "There is much to what you say. If one's word is broken, it becomes easier to do so. Down that path lies difficulties. " Her eyes become a tinch distance, as she says, "Kin are the bonds that hold us, and bind us. The Unicorn have an excellent balance within their clan for such things, from what I have seen. I am sure it has brought you far, through darkness."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 04, 2017 4:46 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"I hope you get to pick your wife." Asakiko nodded. "I will probably be overlooked." She intended a pun.

That... short joke.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu May 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu May 04, 2017 11:10 pm

"....Besides my talent for luxurious mustaches… is a gifted tongue. The desert often whispers of the cunning linguist that is Moto Silvia."

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1147&view=unread#p47257

I'm dying.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri May 05, 2017 12:52 am

Subject: The Kitteh Clan Proudly Invites You To PARTY! (D10, EN,Open)

Ide Dabo wrote:"..."

Dabo closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

"Moto-san. This might be a good time to return to your yurt and contemplate your last day as a Unicorn."

I think I better avoid that thread.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 am

So many good things from that Thread

Ide Dabo wrote:"Light humor?" Dabo reaches out and rips the mustache from Khulun's face. "You believe that mocking Moto Silvia in public is amusing to our guests? I had thought that the Moto settled their grudges honorably instead of resorting to such slander."

So, the question IS there a Moto Silvia or has Dabo come to believe the rumors?
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun May 07, 2017 3:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1168#p49398

This'll go down in the Hollow Throne history books as an excellent series of icebergs suddenly popping up in the harbor...er so to speak.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat