Life Choices (D9, Early Aft, Samai's Tent, CLOSED)

Re: Life Choices (D9, Early Aft, Samai's Tent, CLOSED)

Postby Ide Samai on Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:He listened in the patient way he had, not interrupting or changing expression.

"I had no wish to blame you. Nor, I think, should you blame yourself. You are not the highest in status in the Ide here; if anyone should have put out refresher courses before we began it should have been Dabo. You have been busy with the Duty you were given, which is to find a suitable partner; it was not, after all, to control every member of your Clan."

He let that sink in a few moments, then went on. "I ask the question because, as of yesterday, I will be taking a partner from your Clan. I do not expect anyone here to choose me, so I have begun to question how I will best serve the Empire with my own choice of maidens who could not be spared from their tasks to come here." A slight half-smile quirked his lips. "I had, before I ever came here, hoped to wed a warrior again. Part of that, I realize, is laziness; it is familiar and therefor simple. Now that I have seen matters, though, I have wondered if it might better serve everyone if I tried to join the Ide. Thus, I came to seek your advice, as the only one of that family I feel a kinship with and trust to have valuable insight. Your Cousin Amaya is lovely, but I do not think she has the practical experience that you have."

Samai tried to hide the relief she was feeling... it was something that was good to hear. A small smile escaped her lips before she controlled her on.

She pursed her lips in thoughts. "Well... there are many things that can be done. Can I ask of your expectations about the household? Are you willing to run it, or would you prefer more freedom from that? That can matter a great deal."

She glanced outward where the puppy and the boy was playing, a happy smile slowly sneaking in. "If you are willing to run a household, I think marrying an Otaku is a possibility. The males take on a more passive role. Meanwhile, your expertise and experience would surely help my family in adjusting to our new, or rather, old, home." Her hands were resting in her lap, fan put to the side. "You are also a scholar, and while my own family has some interest in lore, the Iuchi have more knowledge hoarded. May I ask, how was the arrangement with your wife?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed May 03, 2017 2:53 pm

"My wife was a warrior and was away on military matters as much as she was home. I was, and am, perfectly content to do the management of the home and have brought up Ichiro with the help of a nurse since he was a month old." In the spirit of honesty, he qualified that. "Though, a servant helped with the bookkeeping. I need more study in that area." He flashed a smile, briefly. "I had in fact hoped to wed Chi-Pu-shiryo, before she gave herself for the safety of everyone present. The idea of being a 'wife' to an Otaku does not distress me in the slightest, though I will have to learn more of tending horses from what I understand."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Samai on Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 pm

"I am sure Ichiro would gladly partake in that sacrifice as well." She flashed a smile at him, before spreading her hands. "If you'd like my honest opinion... I think you would fit well with an Otaku based on experience. It can be difficult to take a step back from an active life, but you can do that, and that can mean a lot. Otherwise, my family would welcome someone with your experience and skills, and I would be honored to call you cousin."

She shrugged finally. "Those are my opinions, but I am no nakodo, so I cannot say for sure."
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed May 03, 2017 3:41 pm

"You are a Unicorn, and a courtier. That is enough." Hirase nodded, relieved her conclusions were similar to his own. "I believe that an absentee betrothal means I can join your Clan, but if it does not, I do not think Otaku women leave. If that turns out to be so, which Family do you think would most welcome the chance to become Phoenix?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Samai on Wed May 03, 2017 3:44 pm

"I would say... the Iuchi might be interested, but I do not know much of the way of our shaman. The Ide, too might enjoy the opportunity to see more of the Empire. I would also not discount the Shinjo, as they have their own ways." She smiled and nodded at him encouragingly. It was a good discussion.
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 pm

"Certainly my Lords would rejoice if I brought an Iuchi." Hirase chuckled. "We are a Clan known for our mystical talents, so the chance to learn even the history of how the Iuchi methods evolved from the ones practiced here would delight many. Why, you should see the amount of discourse that Fairuz, our new Jade Champion, has caused...He was from the Sands, you see, and uses a method of magic with which we were heretofore unfamiliar."

Asako Hirase

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts