Look at Those Puppies! (D8, EA)

Re: Look at Those Puppies! (D8, EA)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:37 pm

She looks down to herself. "I wear Rokugani clothes over my body, don't I? They cover that which is sensitive to the cold and heat coming from that which's around me. When proper, I remove it. I wouldn't consider it hiding, simply: protecting."

There's a soft sigh. "Even though I understand it is taboo, in order to respect the Moto, the proper thing to do was to uncover some aspect of our feelings with a song. Which means, yes, I do have a special feeling for Misa-chan, and in a different manner Khulun-san shares another with me."

Kitakuhime looks into Takeo's eyes to see how he would digest that information. "Misa-chan has a vision of this world that is so clear, the light she sees would blind others. Both her qualities and her flaws are admirable. I find myself open to understand a world I have never seen before at her side."

A smirk follows up, when she starts to mention her cousin, "Khulun-san... wanted to apologize to me. In the worst possible moment –– I disapproved her lack of respect, and she got scolded for it. Gladly –– as always –– she showed true sincerity in her 'final' apology. She's my sister from another family, and much of what I am, has roots on her."

The battle maiden pushes Gekko a bit, so the horse would walk sideways to bump Takeo, and make a sandwich of him, in-between the two steeds. "Why do you worry?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 pm

"I haven't before - the feeling is new to me. But what I proposed to you on the first day of the miai...such a political maneuver will take much support and capital from around the Empire. In many ways, my marriage to you would, I think, help to solidify the support we need, from both of our clans, and show a commitment to the others. If I fell short in winning your hand...I would have failed my clan in a way I hadn't considered before," he started, allowing the two horses to enclose him and raising a hand to their manes, feeling their quiet certitude.

"Beyond that, if I was successful. Well...I would be honored to be your spouse of course, but I expect I would soon find my home among the plains here. I have lived my entire life among the Fox and our forest. It will be a world of new adventures, but also a world of things I am unfamiliar with."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 pm

"Feeling?" She lowers her head, fidgeting her fingers over the horses's back and saddle. "Which feeling?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:41 pm

"Uncertainty - doubt," he replied, "Before my biggest challenge was the darkness in our lands. I did not fear death. It would mean that I had served my clan. But failure?" he shook his head.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 12:19 am

"I failed many times. I failed yesterday, and I'm not sure I'll succeed, today. Yet, I'll give the best of me. I know that history is told by the victorious part, but you can only win if you try." The Otaku almost whimpers, but manages to find inspiration to smiles to Takeo. "Fear will stop you from giving your best. Take those doubts out of your head and act with honor. You might err, but you'll never regret."

Kitaku offer's a handshake. "Fall seven times, stand up eight."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 01, 2017 12:43 am

"Stand up eight," Takeo repeats, breaking into a smile as he accepts Kitakuhime's hand.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 am

She smiles, charmingly. "Good! Now we need to get these puppies some attention."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 am

"Indeed - I expect that they will wonder why we have spent so long yapping and so little time playing. Oh to be young again," he said somewhat wistfully and with a jealous look to the pups.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 9:48 am

"You look very much young to me, Ta––," she looks sideways, covering her mouth to correct the mistake, "Kitsune-san. Gomenasai."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 am

She had been about to call him Takeo. He puzzled a bit - did anyone but his family call him such?

No, no they didn't. It was a new feeling, and one he was altogether fine with.

A moment passed before his body realized what his mind had already processed.

"If you would, I would have you call me Takeo, Otaku-sama. After what we have shared of ourselves here - my gaffes and my reservations, it seems that you know me better than most now."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 11:44 am

You've been thinking and talking about Takeo too much, girl. It is not proper. Not yet.

She cannot avoid the faint blush while looking at him. The hand helped cover much of her embarrassment, but it didn't hide. There's a slight shake of her head, when she replies, "I would have to know Kitsune-san even more to be granted such confidence. I do no wish to create expectations that are in the hands of the Fortunes. Forgive me, I let my personal thoughts interfere."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am

"Then we shall not tempt the Fortunes until we can bend them to our will or win their cause to our own," he replied, hiding his disappointment behind his on, "May Benten-no-kami favor us with her grace."

He knelt to pet his puppy which rolled over, exposing her belly for him to rub. He obliged her.

"Do you believe in destiny, Otaku-sama?"

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 6:15 pm

The girl slaps Gekko's behind gently, so the horse would move, probably taking Takeo's ride along. Kneeling down, but holding hands to herself, she smiles at the pup, where the other stares jealousy to the Fox Prince.

"Only to those brave enough to follow through it."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed May 03, 2017 10:25 am

"I think I understand. I have always been of the opinion that we make our own destinies - the winds of the Fortunes and Fates blow as they do, but a ship may find its course even in a headwind."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed May 03, 2017 10:39 am

"Don't think. Do it. We have two more days to prove it!" She stares at him directly, locking eyes. Her voice changed a bit, harsher this time.

Get your name up that list, boy!

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields