The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:
Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji takes a seat next to Tomonoga and shrugs at his question. "It's... Alright. Cannot say it is my favorite. The Milk it... Is not for me."

Noticing Batul Hiroji nods slightly. "Good Evening Batul-San. I am Kaiu Hiroji."

"It iz an honor, Hiroji-sama." She added as she came closer, and then realizing that she could be too close for the standards of the Empire, she halted and smiled. "It iz an honor to meet one of the famous Crab samurai. "How do they say, I hobe you have had your raise today." Though strong her accent seemed cute to the least xenophobic.

Hiroji nods, and gives a faint smile. "The honor is all mine Batul-San. How are you liking the Rokugan food?"
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Yuzuki wrote:Of course, Samurai hunted all the time. But then there was meat here on offer, so that meant... oh right. They ate the meat they hunted. Yuzuki decided not to say anything, though the concept was still so alien to her.

"The Mantis inhabit a large chain of islands off the coast. Fish makes up a large portion of our diet. Along with fruit one doesn't find elsewhere in Rokugan."

She stared down at the renewed chopsticks attempt.

"I'm sure you'll get it with practice."

"Practice," she said simply with a nod to color the word enough that her tone was of agreement on that notion. Which, as to prove her devotion to learning it, she picked up the sticks and tried once again.

"Fruit?" her brow raised at the question, showing the sincerity of her interest. "What kind of fruit do you have on the Mantis islands, Mantis-san?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Tomonaga gives his companion a sympathetic look. "Yeah, I guess so. I'm so used to drinking the experiments my older sister tries..."

He sits up straighter at the approach the Unicorn. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Iuchi-san. I'm Yasuki Tomonaga." His eyes go bright with interest she gives the traditional Rokugani greeting. "I have, Iuchi-san. Your clan has provided marvelous feast." He gives her just a hint of a smile. "Do you have favorite dish we... errr, I should try?" Best not strain the Kaiu's stomach further.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"Practice," she said simply with a nod to color the word enough that her tone was of agreement on that notion. Which, as to prove her devotion to learning it, she picked up the sticks and tried once again.

"Fruit?" her brow raised at the question, showing the sincerity of her interest. "What kind of fruit do you have on the Mantis islands, Mantis-san?"

"Hmmm. Kabosu is often used to enhance the taste of fish. And Yuzu is popular too when preparing dishes. The islands have a wide range of climates though, you can grow lots of fruit there, tropical or otherwise."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Hideo had managed to keep himself from gorging on these rather tasty exotic foods, sticking to a small simple meal that hadn't affected him like others had done.

He hadn't approached any others yet, happy to just enjoy his food for the moment and see what would happen.

(ooc - pm to approach!)
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji nods, and gives a faint smile. "The honor is all mine Batul-San. How are you liking the Rokugan food?"

"It is a flavor that is very new for me." The sweet smell of her perfume reached the Crab. It was fragrant as the earthy smell unfurled into an airy aroma. "I have a sbecial liking to this liquid you call sake. It makes my nose tingle and makes me habby and laughing."

"As for something to try... have you tried yet the sbiced vegetables? There are rare bebbers in the desert that give a strong flavor, added to the skewers of meat and squash and bell bebbers, now that's a dish!"
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Butaj

She replies almost immediately, "Butaj-san!" Looking around, Kitakuhime continues, "Moto Butaj-san. A peculiar performer."

Yuki raised an eyebrow at that. "Butahj?" Her pronunciation on that one was a little off. "What do you mean by peculiar?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

It was clear before she even opened her mouth that these were both things that she had little to no familiarity with, as expected. "Your Minor Clan boasts a rather healthy amount of trade," she said as much of a question as it appeared to be a statement.

"An island," she said, "Surrounding by Ocean, water? I don't think I have ever seen, or thought of such a sight."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Liu Yue, after consuming way too much shellfish for her own good, kept her fan up as a way of concealing any sudden urges to throw up. She was able to contain it, barely, but her stomach was raging inside her. Who would have thought that the "mighty Liu Yue" would be felled by a bunch of dead fish.

As for her part, she wore a plain purple kimono, much unlike the leathers and furs that others in her clan favored. Due to her illness, she was content with people watching.

OOC: Please PM if you tag me in this thread!

Kumahime notices the woman next to her's healthy appetite, and just how much she's enjoying the shellfish. Unfortunately, she's more oblivious when the Shinjo stops enjoying her food.

So, she does what is often her duty; try everything, then start making suggestions so those around you! She serves her neighbor a bowl of noodles, "If you enjoyed that, try this one, Shinjo-sama! That's a shrimp broth. Very tasty." She serves herself a bowl, too, and has a bite. "I am Kitsune Kumahime, Student of the Proud Bear, by the way," she introduces herself. "I must say, your clan is most hospitable."
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:
Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji nods, and gives a faint smile. "The honor is all mine Batul-San. How are you liking the Rokugan food?"

"It is a flavor that is very new for me." The sweet smell of her perfume reached the Crab. It was fragrant as the earthy smell unfurled into an airy aroma. "I have a sbecial liking to this liquid you call sake. It makes my nose tingle and makes me habby and laughing."

"As for something to try... have you tried yet the sbiced vegetables? There are rare bebbers in the desert that give a strong flavor, added to the skewers of meat and squash and bell bebbers, now that's a dish!"

Hiroji gives a small laugh and his smile deepens. He glances at Tomonaga and then back to Batul. "Yes, sake. The most marvelous substance. I and Tomonaga-sama are very familiar with it, although in slightly different ways I am sure."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:
Ide Samai wrote:"Well, I will must say i'm not going to be too broken up over that." She smiled, and opened her fan, trying to hide behind it. "I would appreciate at least a few decades of peace and prosperity."

"Setem's liking the new home then? The grass is greener as the sands at least." She took a sip of her own tea. "How are you faring with the roofs over your head,"

"I do not necessarily disagree with that," he nodded, "it is just odd to have the matter no longer be my decision."

He nodded. "Setem has taken to the plains well. Though he needs to be groomed, and is abjectly refusing to the matter. Stubborn, he is," he laughed a bit at the notion, "It is nice to have a home that I do not have to pack up in the morning. Though I will miss traveling if we stay here too long, I think."

The Ide courtier smiled. "It does seem that you will not be bored during our timr here. How do you like the tea?"

She let out a sigh of shame. "Truthfully, I have not been spending enough time with my dear either "
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Ide Samai wrote:
The Ide courtier smiled. "It does seem that you will not be bored during our timr here. How do you like the tea?"

She let out a sigh of shame. "Truthfully, I have not been spending enough time with my dear either "

"It is good!" He nodded and smiled. "Different from our normal drink, but still good."

He nodded. "Perhaps, then, we should both make it a priority tomorrow morning to take our horses to the field? I know Setem would like it, and riding is much better with a friend."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:37 pm

"Much of the Empire's silk and spice comes from the Mantis. Hence why our islands are named after those things. And we boast one of the largest fleets in the empire too, so that helps. We are well located for trade too."

She paused, thinking of a response to the bit about the ocean.

"You are from the desert, yes? Quite the opposite I suppose. You should visit some of our islands some time. They're quite beautiful. You would find the City of Lightning a welcoming place."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Liu Yue, after consuming way too much shellfish for her own good, kept her fan up as a way of concealing any sudden urges to throw up. She was able to contain it, barely, but her stomach was raging inside her. Who would have thought that the "mighty Liu Yue" would be felled by a bunch of dead fish.

As for her part, she wore a plain purple kimono, much unlike the leathers and furs that others in her clan favored. Due to her illness, she was content with people watching.

OOC: Please PM if you tag me in this thread!

Kumahime notices the woman next to her's healthy appetite, and just how much she's enjoying the shellfish. Unfortunately, she's more oblivious when the Shinjo stops enjoying her food.

So, she does what is often her duty; try everything, then start making suggestions so those around you! She serves her neighbor a bowl of noodles, "If you enjoyed that, try this one, Shinjo-sama! That's a shrimp broth. Very tasty." She serves herself a bowl, too, and has a bite. "I am Kitsune Kumahime, Student of the Proud Bear, by the way," she introduces herself. "I must say, your clan is most hospitable."

Yue's eyes widened at the new display of food. However, she thought she had a good plan. Oh! I know! There's a custom where I refuse a gift! Maybe she will let it go!

The Unicorn woman shook her head. "Arigatou gozaimasu,Kuamahime-dono," she replied, making sure to pronounce each and every syllable correctly and fully. This was, to some, excessive. "However, I cannot accept your offer. It would be improper for me to take more food. Others in my Clan have yet to try as much as I."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Mirumoto Chou nursed her digestive upset with a fragrant tea someone had pushed into her hands. She'd been too taken aback by the pleasant aroma to thank the kind soul, but was silently promising them naming rights to her firstborn. The foreign spices took the edge off, but also made her pleasantly indolent. Saku's snoring was a soft, nasally hum next to her ear. Both of them would have to retire soon.

((PM if approach))
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center