[Day 8, LE, Ameka's Yurt] What's My Age Again?

Re: [Day 8, LE, Ameka's Yurt] What's My Age Again?

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Sound... Sound?! I'm sure I can figure this one out. She'll be so impressed.
Taichi's mind drifted off on a massive tangent, trying to think how you could manage this. He immediately discarded a number of ideas as ridiculous, and settled on three main lines of thought. You could perhaps make the candy in front of the person and make sound part of the creation? He set this aside for the moment, not knowing exactly how it was made. Something to consider though.
Next, you could perhaps cause the sound it makes while it is eaten to be pleasant. This seemed... weird though. Crunching wasn't exactly the most impressive type of sound, although you could definitely get some variety depending on the consistency of the candy. This seemed to be the least impressive of the three.
And last, you could make the candy in its sculptured form generate a pleasant sound. It looked like fine craftsmanship was definitely possible, but time seemed very limited. And a stringed instrument was definitely impossible. So a wind instrument it was. Maybe a flute? Surely the sound would be really high-pitched and somewhat annoying though...

Doji Ameka wrote:"
"...dinner is finished, perhaps you might be willing to try one and give me your opinion?"

Taichi's attention snaps back. "Ah yes, I would be honoured to. If it tastes as good as it looks, I have no doubt it will be delightful."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Ameka watches him get lost in thought curiously for a moment, wondering what was going through his mind. "Ah... Thank you. I'm glad." She sets it into a small wooden block clearly design to hold the sticks the candies were at the end of. As she does, dinner finally arrives. She bows over it, murmuring, "Itadakimasu," before taking a bite. Once she was finished with that, she said. "I have spoken a bit too much, however. Please, I would love to know more about you, Shinjo-san."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:03 pm

"Itadakimasu"
Ah, so she wishes to know my glorious tale. Taichi reclines a little, getting comfortable. I think I'll start with the abridged version.
"I was not born to parents of status, but they are respected members of the clan. After my birth, my mother assumed the role of a sensei within the Shinjo school, and I was one her top pupils. My skills quickly earned me some recognition within the clan, and immediately following my gempukku I was given the responsibility of guarding a number of individuals through the shadows" He paused for dramatic effect "including Otaku Kitakuhime-sama." Ah, the name drop. Probably less effective following the events of... recent days, but still. An heir's an heir.

"Since our arrival in the empire, I have mainly been trying to learn more of the culture here, and seeking to help my clan re-establish its place here."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:20 pm

She looked duly impressed, despite not being particularly aware of who Otaku Kitakuhime was in the grand scheme of things. It was safe to assume she was important, and that was good enough for now. She even raised her fan to make the point. "I'm very impressed, Shinjo-san. Such a duty would be impressive anyway, but knowing what I know now about the travails your Clan faced on their return, such a thing has extra weight." She adds, "I hope you'll get to see Kyuden Doji one day, Shinjo-san, if you wish to delve into the culture."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:25 am

He puffed himself up as he received the praise that was rightfully his, glad that she recognised just how good he was. He smiled broadly "I'm sure I will, Doji-san. My lord often tells me to leave the Unicorn lands, and I have been doing my best as an unofficial ambassador for my clan. I believe that he wishes for me to give those from the other clans a chance to interact directly with a Unicorn, since many do not have the chance. I have yet to travel as far afield as Kyuden Doji, but I am sure I will get that far before too long. I have heard great things if its beauty."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 01, 2017 11:31 pm

"You seem to be doing an excellent job as an unofficial ambassador, considering you seem to have taken the interest of two Crane, Shinjo-san," she said with a smile, bring up a fan to tap gently against her pale lips. "We have a great appreciation for skills with diplomacy."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue May 02, 2017 8:47 am

"I do my best." he said in an attempt to be humble - which was severely undermined by the fact that he was clearly enjoying the compliments. "But I've never really received any training in such things, so I'm afraid that my skills are still unrefined. It is my hope that one day my skills at such things will match my martial ones." ah, the humble brag.

The praise was very nice but Taichi knew that no matter how marvelous the subject, too much discussion made something mundane. Even something as glorious as himself. He leaned forward, looking her over again. "What of yourself? I'd be interested to learn how you came to your craft."

He was sure that they'd get back to discussing him later.
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Wed May 03, 2017 2:25 am

"I'm sure you'll accomplish that goal."

"Oh, I'm afraid my tale is quite simple," she says, touching her fan to her lips. "I am... very much on the delicate side, even as far as Crane maidens are concerned. My sensei felt that it would be best if I was able to pursue an art that I could practice no matter the conditions... something unusual. I enjoy creating physical art, so I dug into the history a bit and found this."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 am

"To craft something that is to stand before and be judged by others is so small thing. As deliberately impermanent as your particular specialty is, I feel that this still holds true." He pauses for a moment. "It must be a little strange seeing something that you took time and effort to create with beauty be consumed - even if that is its purpose."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Wed May 03, 2017 1:02 pm

"Well, like you said, I knew it when I started. I like creating... if my art is inpermanent it's all the more reason to do more," she says with a warm smile. "I like that people can enjoy it in so many ways, so it doesn't seem strange to me. All things pass in time... some sooner than others. If it can do good in its passing, all the better."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 6:16 pm

He nodded and smiled gently, agreeing with the sentiment. "When you look back, it's often the small moments that you remember. If you look at it like that, even the shortest moment can last a lifetime."

"So other than your craft, do you serve your clan in some other way? Within the court, or an advisor perhaps?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Wed May 03, 2017 6:31 pm

"And the shortest lifetimes can ripple for generations," she agreed, half to herself. "I am only shortly out of my gempukku, but in that time, I have accompanied our courtiers before. I've managed to help improve relations with the other Clans present a little bit, though it is hardly my place to tell the proper courtiers how to do their jobs."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 7:05 pm

He chuckled softly "My knowledge of that area is a little lacking, so I can't say anything about that. I'm sure your assistance is appreciated. I can't imagine you causing offence at the very least."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Wed May 03, 2017 8:25 pm

"I'd like to think I'm inoffensive, at least," she replies with a soft laugh, finishing her food. "Do you have any hobbies, Shonjo-san? Things you do for your own interest?"

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 am

He blinks. "I've... never really had time for such things."
After being quiet for a moment, he suddenly perks up. ooh ooh! "I guess you could say that my hobby is learning new things, and new skills. It's amazing what you can learn by taking a little time to explore things from a new direction, or trying something new."

"You also tend meet interesting people that way."
Shinjo Taichi

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts