Let the Dice Fall (D9 EE, expecting)

Re: Let the Dice Fall (D9 EE, expecting)

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue May 02, 2017 5:45 pm

At his shrug, she suddenly regretted telling him that last part, feeling that the magic had slipped away, even as she imagined showing him this secret place, lush and hot, hidden from prying eyes. We'd be the only two people in the world.

"I do like stories," answered with clear interest.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 6:21 pm

"Good." Tomonaga smiled. "But I was just thinking about the similarity between what you told me, and stories. It doesn't really matter if a story is real or not. It'll still make people laugh, or cry... or whatever. Make them feel." His eyes glinted in the dim light. "Just like the place you told me about. I could almost feel myself there. If it's not real, than it's just yours alone."

His smile turned into a grin. "But now, having asked you if you like stories, I'd feel like a brute if I didn't offer to tell you one. I'm not one to get someone's hopes up, and then leave them unsatisfied."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue May 02, 2017 7:11 pm

"All of the greatest stories come from grains truth. But feeling them? That comes from the passion of the storyteller. There are few things worse than a lacklustre storyteller, they have to believe in what they are saying, they have to feel the intensity within them to be able to invoke the same response in others."

"So, please," her eyes sparkle, pleading, "I would very much like to hear you spin a tale."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 7:37 pm

There really was no resisting those sparkling eyes, Tomonaga mused. That was a good part of why he'd ended up dunking his head in a bucket the day before. "Well then." He said, smiling. "I have just the thing." He shifted position, actually sitting the Unicorn way, with legs crossed beneath him, instead of kneeling. He leaned forward, towards Amaya, his hands resting on his knees as he began.

They did not remain there for long. Tomonaga didn't have much of an On compared to many samurai, his handsome features naturally expressive. This was sometimes a hindrance to him. When telling a story, it was the opposite. Every part of Tomonaga was engaged in the storytelling, from the emotions showing on his face, to the emphatic gestures of his arms, to the tension sometimes visible in his shoulders and neck. If nothing else, he gave it his all.

The story was one, appropriately enough, of a pair of would-be lovers at a Winter Court. Or, as it was revealed eventually, two pairs of would-be lovers. The problem was, none of them knew the others' feelings. Affections were crossed, changed, and mixed. Obstacles were overcome, but new ones were created, often by the characters themselves. Kisses were stolen, tears were shed, fights had.

And in the end, somehow, everyone ended up with who they were supposed to.

Tomonaga finshed, panting a little from his exuberant method of telling stories. It was sometimes a little disjointed, as this was one Tomo was a little rusty on, but his enthusiasm for the form helped to make up for it.

---------

Storytime! Storytelling/aware, D9EE: 5d10o10k3 20
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue May 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Amaya had listened with rapt attention, swept away by every nuance and twist. If there were plot holes, she didn't see them, she only had eyes for the stories heroes, who - in her mind - looked rather like Hideo and Tomonaga. She made no attempt to hide the sweeping emotions as they came.

And when the story was done, she clasped her hands in front of her, eyes wide. "Incredible..." was all she said, not wanting to break the mood.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Looking into those wide eyes of hers, Tomonaga found that he didn't really want to break the spell, either. "Thank you, Amaya-san." He said, his voice deep and soft, and perhaps just a touch rough. Another few moments passed.

Tomonaga cleared his throat. "I hadn't done that one in a while. For a minute there, I was worried I was going to forget how it ended." He smiled gently. "But then I remembered. Happy endings all around, and everything worked out just the way it should."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 pm

"If only we all lived in a pillow book," there is no sourness in her tone, she still believes in True Love. "You are a marvellous storyteller, Tomonaga-sama, I am honoured that you shared your tale with me."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 10:54 pm

"If only." Tomonaga echoed, smiling.

He looked down briefly, flushing with pleasure at her praise. "Thank you, Amaya-san. I appreciate that." He gave her a grin. "But, of course, I picked that one for a reason. Maybe partially as, I don't know, as if I tell a story where everything works out for the best for everyone, it will." His smile grew a little wistful. "But... I think I also believe that everything will work out for the best. I mean, we've gotta work at it, and preferably more effectively than the characters in that story, but..." He gave a shrug, trailing off.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue May 02, 2017 11:06 pm

"Things don't always go the way we intended?" she finished for him. She tilts her head a little, concerned, "are there dark clouds on your horizon, Tomonaga-sama? How could any Unicorn deny the future you described so clearly to me?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:"Things don't always go the way we intended?" she finished for him. She tilts her head a little, concerned, "are there dark clouds on your horizon, Tomonaga-sama? How could any Unicorn deny the future you described so clearly to me?"

"No, no!" Tomonaga shook his head, smiling, although a careful observer might spot a tiny flash of anxiety in his brown eyes. "I think that in the end, working for the happy ending will pay off. Just as we intended."

He hesitated a moment, then looked into her eyes again. "That future... you thought it sounded pretty good, huh?" His voice is a little hesitant.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue May 02, 2017 11:34 pm

She is a careful observer. For everything she cannot understand of Rokugan's complex ideas of proprietry and tradition, she makes up for in reading the flickers of emotion in the twitch of an eyebrow, the twist of someone's words, the flash of their eyes. It is why the samurai's on frustrates her so, but it is a skill that is growing.

Her sweet smile is encouraging, reassuring, "perhaps I did not say so clearly yesterday, but yes. Just like your story, I found myself picturing it, and almost wishing I had a better head for numbers."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 pm

This time, it is a flicker of relief that flickered in Tomonaga's eyes. Followed by gratitude.

"Mmmm. I almost wish you did, too." He said, his tone lightly teasing, a charming grin on his lips. His expression shifted, becoming more serious, more sincere. "But thank you, Amaya-san. I really appreciate it." He nodded, clearly acknowledging what she'd done.

His lips curled upwards into a smile once more. "I know I said it yesterday, but, well, I meant it then, and I mean it now. Seppun Hideo is a very lucky man."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed May 03, 2017 12:01 am

The storm on her own horizon is still hidden from sight and, though she blushed, she was genuinely happy. "You are too kind, but I count myself to be the lucky one. As I would any woman you take to wife."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed May 03, 2017 1:45 am

Tomonaga grinned. "Aww, shucks, Amaya-san. You always know the right thing to say." He gave a little seated bow with a flourish.

His gaze turned a little sly, his brown eyes gently teasing. "Say, Amaya-san... while we're still on the subject, more or less, I don't suppose you tried my suggestion from yesterday, did you?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed May 03, 2017 2:05 am

Her eyes widen at his forthrightness, and a blush spreads across her cheeks. She opens her mouth to speak, closes it, and finally settles for, "to what might you refer?" Her tone is entirely unconvincing.

---
(( Edited by agreement. Sorry folks, I was thinking of D9 LE, which hasn't happened yet. ))

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall