Day 9 [EE] Ooooooh No They Didn't! (Expecting)

Re: Day 9 [EE] Ooooooh No They Didn't! (Expecting)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm

"Not since I left Crane lands." she admits. "Between there and here is nothing but Lion lands, and it's a game they don't like, and leave little around to play with."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon May 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Suteichi chuckled slightly.

"It wasn't much to see on the way here. Tell me, have time for a game?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Fukawa dipped her head.

"Of course, Bayushi-san. It should both be an honor and fun to play with you." she offers.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon May 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Suteichi smiled. "Wonderful. So, shall we discuss this?" he gestured to the painting.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 6:11 pm

The Otaku princess analyzes the same painting the other pais was observing. She politely bows to them, but stays silent, waiting for a guest to arrive.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 6:44 pm

The pair bowed. The Crane in greeting, the Scorpion in departing. Apparently he had a need to go be mysterious somewhere else.

"Otaku-sama, an honor to meet you here unexpectedly." she offered very politely. "I am Doji Fukawa."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 7:07 pm

Kitakuhime is nearly caught in surprise, lost somewhere in the canvas. She opens a flat smile and bows to the Crane maiden, replying elegantly, "Doji-san. This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, shiotome and heir to the Otaku. Honored to meet a Crane samurai. I hope this has been a fortunate day."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 7:09 pm

She reflected back on the day. And A-kun.

"I would say so, Otaku-sama." she says agreeably. "I think it has been a very successful miai, and I am glad I am in attendance."

"Has today been a fortunate one you as well, Otaku-sama?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 pm

She nods with smiling eyes. "Fortunes bless me with better days than the previous ones. I am happy Doji-san has find success and joy while in the company of the Unicorn."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Your people are honest, honorable and friendly. I feel that the Empire is very blessed to have you return to us. If there is anything further the Crane can do to assist you, I am sure we would be happy to offer what aid we can." she says.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Kitakuhime looks at the painting, and taps her chin. "Kind words, indeed. I've heard many stories of Lady Doji-no-kami. She has been an example to my family since we departed. What little we manage to keep from those ancient days, was no doubt in thanks to the lessons she taught her dear sister, which was then passed to us."

The Otaku girl takes another step to look at the painting's signature, remembering another lesson, "The Crane is known to be the Clan of artists, I was told. The last day I saw an art style like no other. I could see through it, but wasn't trained enough to reproduce its grace."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Fukawa tilts her head curiously at that.

"What did you see, Otaku-sama?" she asks, curious to hear more.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 pm

"A beautiful, fast and skilled cut. I felt it in my skin. I wonder how even more gracious it would have been if it was truly a Crane to have done it so."

Kitakuhime keeps looking at the painting.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed May 03, 2017 12:17 am

"Ah, the art of iaijutsu, or as our Kakita relatives would refer to it, the Art." she says.

Fukawa's feelings on this subject were complex. It was good to see art acknowledge in something besides painting and poetry...but she really hated the harm it caused. Still, without iaijutsu, the Crane likely would have been wiped out in war with the Lion long ago, it prevented the loss of life. Yet, some people used it to bully their way for causes that were less than honorable.

Also, one typically didn't talk about duels once they were resolved, they were a closed and done with thing. Both duelists would be massively insulted if you said anything that invalidated the duel.

She stared at the painting, trying to will an answer out of it.

"Have you read 'The Sword' by Kakita, Otaku-sama? I brought a copy with me to the miai, and am not currently reading it." she offered, as a loan, not a gift.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed May 03, 2017 5:35 am

"I have not. I wouldn't be so fast as to read it all in a single night. Although I appreciate the recommendation, and look forward to allow me time to read it and understand more of Kakita's art. Thank you, Doji-san."

Speaking of time, Kitakuhime looks to the entrance door, continuing their chat, "One day left. Much to decide and organize. Has Doji-san found a match — or was she found by one, yet?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center