D9 LM - Kakita Concocted Karmic Conference

D9 LM - Kakita Concocted Karmic Conference

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Mon May 01, 2017 8:50 am

Shiba Kaizen figured that since Kakita Jinosoku had finally revealed himself and his intentions that it was time to act. It was likely Jinosoku would be here as well at this time or soon after. Regardless being prompt is proper, but being too early to speak with a Governor was bad form, so Late Morning it was. Speaking to the governor's aid he stated, "This one is Shiba Kaizen one of the miai attendees and if it pleases Ide Dabo-sama I would like a moment of the Governor's time concerning a potential dispute." He bowed respectfully.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Re: D9 LM - Kakita Concocted Karmic Conference

Postby Ide Dabo on Mon May 01, 2017 7:08 pm

The servant bows to Kaizen and steps outside to search for the Governor. Some twenty minutes later, Ide Dabo finally arrives, clad in a dashing purple silk cape. "Shiba-san, apologies for my absence. I was out riding this morning."

He offers a bow and then steps closer. "I assume you are here about the Crane... Jinosoku, was it?"
Unicorn Clan • Courtier • Governor

Honor: What is Expected
Glory: 1.0
Ide Dabo

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Mon May 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Kaizen bowed appropriately to the Governor, "I apologize for the interruption Ide-sama and you are correct it is concerning Kakita Jinosoku-san." The Shiba continued, "I am unfamiliar with Unicorn ways in such matters or if Ide-sama has spoken to Kakita-san yet. I will proceed as Ide-sama would adjudicate this matter." Not the best way to learn legal formalities, but likely the fastest.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Ide Dabo on Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Dabo motions to a nearby seat, asking Kaizen to join him. "If you are willing, perhaps it is best that you explain the situation, Shiba-san. I have not yet made a decision in the matter, and I would be interested in getting a better understanding of what happened between the two of you."

Ide Dabo

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue May 02, 2017 3:06 pm

"Hai, Ide-sama." Kaizen went on to explain, "It started with my brother Shiba Kenshiro when he attended the Topaz Championship three years ago in the Crane town of Tsume. Kenshiro-san and Kakita Jinosoku-san faced off in the iaijutsu duel that would determine which of them would be named Topaz Champion. In the process Kakita-san killed my brother in what was to be a duel to the first blood and for that he was denied the title and nearly cast out of his Clan from my understanding. Two years later I would be honored to attend the Topaz Championship and would also make it to the iaijutsu rounds. In my second round I faced Kakita Mariko-san, unknown to me at the time Mariko-san is Jinosoku-san's cousin. During our match she hesitated and Mariko-san now bares a scar along the side of her face. After the match she would speak to no one and my understanding is she resides at the Temple of Benten as a guest and still refuses to speak. When she departed Tsume it has been said she carried with her a flower and letter I had given her in apology for her wound. I cannot say if she has read it or what her own thoughts are."

Kaizen continued, "Last night about the streets of your village I was speaking with Bayushi Suteichi-san and Jinosoku-san confronted me. He stated it was his intention to provide testimony to Ide-sama that I was unfit to be considered for a marriage candidate among your Clan and that he wished I know why I was to be sent home in disgrace that such was by his hand. He offered me the opportunity to challenge him there, but I would not disgrace the miai in such a fashion. This was when Shosuro Yawarakai-san arrived. Bayushi-san attempted to calm the situation, but Kakita-san would have none of it so Bayushi-san left. Kakita-san also departed and I had a brief conversation with Shosuro-san."

He finished adding, "I believe I have behaved properly as your guest Ide-sama attempting all challenges the Unicorn have seen fit to offer. Are there any other details I can offer Ide-sama?"
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Ide Dabo on Tue May 02, 2017 7:07 pm

"That seems to match up with Kakita Jinosoku's understanding of the events as well. More or less." Dabo folds his hands across his stomach and considers the matter for a moment. "It seems to my understanding of events that this is a situation best left to the two of you. However, I am in a unique situation, for were you to marry into the Unicorn, this matter would become a Unicorn matter."

Ide Dabo

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Kaizen wore a thoughtful expression, "Ide-sama, would it be your Clan's preference that this be resolved before the miai ends?" It made sense in a way of that is what the Governor was getting at. Then again the young Shiba could be misunderstanding the intent.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Ide Dabo on Tue May 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Dabo spreads his hands outward, palms upward. "I am in no way trying to force you into a conflict with the Crane Clan. However, given the considerations this matter raises, I may have to recommend that you not marry into the Unicorn."

"You have proven yourself well, and we hold you in high esteem, but with our delicate political standing, we cannot afford to make enemies at this time. Allowing a Unicorn bride to accompany you home may be the best solution for both our Clans."

Ide Dabo

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue May 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Kaizen nodded understanding, "Ide-sama, Kakita-san has displayed his intention to interfere in my duty so far beyond his own lands and disrupt the harmony befitting this miai. I know it is abnormal but I ask a boon that this letter of challenge be taken to Kakita-san." He offered it to Ide Dabo, "I will await his arrival at the dueling fields in the Early Evening with my second. He can deliver his response or we can proceed then should a magistrate be available?" He was obviously prepared for this eventuality, in fact Asako Hirase-san would be in possession of his Will should it be required. Even though this would be to the first blood then again so was Kenshiro-san's.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Ide Dabo on Tue May 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Dabo stares at the letter for a moment before accepting it. "I will ensure that the Crane receives your letter. May your ancestors guide your blade, Shiba-san."

Ide Dabo

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue May 02, 2017 8:41 pm

"May you carry the Fortunes Ide-sama." Kaizen bowed respectfully and departed having preparations to complete. I had hoped for a more peaceful way Mariko-san...
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed May 03, 2017 11:38 am

Meanwhile, in a far less duel-ly portion of the administrative center, Yuuru walked up to the board with the current rankings of miai attendants and looked over the landscape with a hand on his chin.

So... I'm that far down eh? Not gonna have much of a chance to pick if this keeps up...

---

(OOC: Expecting)
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu May 04, 2017 1:41 am

Near the samurai a sigh was heard, it was Batul who was also looking over the Miai results of the samurai performance. She had not excelled in any of the event, even though they were of Unicorn nature. Maybe she was not one to be of the Clan after all, had she not adopted the rokuganí culture too quickly after arrival? Preferring the silk of the kimono to the fur of the sands, the sake to the kumis, sushi to the tough meat of cattle... Sigh
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu May 04, 2017 1:42 am

Yuuru glanced over and saw the young woman standing closeby. He smiled and nodded, "Oh.. Batul-san. Good morning!"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu May 04, 2017 1:51 am

"Yuuru-san!" She was openly surprised, had he heard her sigh over the bad place of herself? "Good morning to you" She was able to pronounce through a weak voice. "Have you had your rice today?"
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Next

Return to The Administrative Center