The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki returned the bow, going lower as expected. "This one is Asako Yuki." She paused, looking at the tables of food. "I admit, I had heard of some of these dishes before. Shawarma, and pilaf for example," her ease of the language and familiarity with the food showed she had at least a basic understanding of the culture the Unicorn had spent so many centuries with, "but I'd never gotten to try them before." She looked back to the Otaku. "Was it the same for you?"

She nods. Looking at her stuffed bowl, filled with deliciousness. "I've heard the names, but never had the chance to prove them properly." The Battle Maiden looks to her dish and the grin widens a bit while she adds after a few moments, "We rode for too long. Rations were our main meal. This place is surely blessed."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:
Sufficiently drunk, and thinking he should be socializing, Hiroji approaches Tomonoga.

"Good evening Tomonoga-sama. How are you enjoying the food? It is... Quite different, is it not?"

Hearing the familiar voice, Tomonaga looks up. Seeing Hiroji, he gives his fellow a little wave with his chopsticks. And, a bit more properly, a little bow of the head.

"Hey, Hiroji-san." Tomonaga gestures to a nearby spot, inviting the Kaiu to join him. "Yeah, different. Good different, though. Have you tried this stuff?" He tilts his cup of kumis towards his fellow. "It's got more of a kick to it than it looks like."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Chi-Pu stands and walks to the edge of the gathering, watching over those still enjoying the feast.

"Ughh"

She groans slightly to herself and presses a hand to her stomach.

"Shrimp... never again."

((PM if approached))
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:She nods. Looking at her stuffed bowl, filled with deliciousness. "I've heard the names, but never had the chance to prove them properly." The Battle Maiden looks to her dish and the grin widens a bit while she adds after a few moments, "We rode for too long. Rations were our main meal. This place is surely blessed."

Yuki smiled. "Compared to the Burning Sands, hai. I have heard that Amaterasu punished the people of those lands long ago, and that's why the Burning Sands exist. But here we have plenty." She chuckled a bit. "It will take some getting used to, I expect, after traveling for so long."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:33 pm

"There were not an abundance of bodies of water where we traveled, not enough to make fishing sustainable. I hunted for my own when I was afforded the opportunity. Even when I was young, my Father would take me out hunting as I was his eldest. Small animals, sometimes pheasants other times hare. Larger animals when we could, those lead to some of the more interesting hunts."

Liu Fei explained, then, saw to attempting the chopsticks again. At least this time they didn't get sent flying but she did still drop one of them onto her food. Leaving only one remaining in her hand pointed down and caught in her hand in such a way that it was all too easy to just stab down and skewer her food. Yuzuki could see the moment where Liu Fei decided against that course of action after a few seconds of thought.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Kakita Nanami on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:"Are you all right, lady?" a male voice asked near Nanami, sounding concerned. "Had too much to drink already?"

Baatar had been told that the eastern girls were delicate but he still found himself surprised that one of them could be about to pass out so early in the evening.

"Hm?" The Crane opened her eyes, leaning forward slightly and turning to the source of the voice. "Of course I haven't had-" She fell silent when she saw the speaker.

"I mean, of course not - " her eyes fell to the mon - "Moto-san. I'm just enjoying the..." She glanced down to her cup; this Moto definitely wasn't as hairy as the others she'd seen wandering around. "The textures of the choices of tea." Yes - that would be a fair enough explanation.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki smiled. "Compared to the Burning Sands, hai. I have heard that Amaterasu punished the people of those lands long ago, and that's why the Burning Sands exist. But here we have plenty." She chuckled a bit. "It will take some getting used to, I expect, after traveling for so long."

I was mentioning the long Dark Ride which most of us spent our childhood crossing. Better not bring that up, though. It's unpleasant. The Burning Sands sounds much better.

The Shiotome adds up, and smiles with her eyes closed. "It will," Kitakuhime beams up, "It is a delightful challenge."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"There were not an abundance of bodies of water where we traveled, not enough to make fishing sustainable. I hunted for my own when I was afforded the opportunity. Even when I was young, my Father would take me out hunting as I was his eldest. Small animals, sometimes pheasants other times hare. Larger animals when we could, those lead to some of the more interesting hunts."

Liu Fei explained, then, saw to attempting the chopsticks again. At least this time they didn't get sent flying but she did still drop one of them onto her food. Leaving only one remaining in her hand pointed down and caught in her hand in such a way that it was all too easy to just stab down and skewer her food. Yuzuki could see the moment where Liu Fei decided against that course of action after a few seconds of thought.

Of course, Samurai hunted all the time. But then there was meat here on offer, so that meant... oh right. They ate the meat they hunted. Yuzuki decided not to say anything, though the concept was still so alien to her.

"The Mantis inhabit a large chain of islands off the coast. Fish makes up a large portion of our diet. Along with fruit one doesn't find elsewhere in Rokugan."

She stared down at the renewed chopsticks attempt.

"I'm sure you'll get it with practice."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Kaiu Hiroji wrote:
Sufficiently drunk, and thinking he should be socializing, Hiroji approaches Tomonoga.

"Good evening Tomonoga-sama. How are you enjoying the food? It is... Quite different, is it not?"

Hearing the familiar voice, Tomonaga looks up. Seeing Hiroji, he gives his fellow a little wave with his chopsticks. And, a bit more properly, a little bow of the head.

"Hey, Hiroji-san." Tomonaga gestures to a nearby spot, inviting the Kaiu to join him. "Yeah, different. Good different, though. Have you tried this stuff?" He tilts his cup of kumis towards his fellow. "It's got more of a kick to it than it looks like."

Batul made her way to the pair of men that talked happily. Their colors of choice indicate a clan, she has learned that... but which one, she could not remember. Only the symbol on them helped her make a proper identification. "Crab samurai-sama, I am very habby to make your meeting." Greeted the samurai-ko with a strange accent. "I am Iuchi Batul."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:
Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:

Batul made her way to the pair of men that talked happily. Their colors of choice indicate a clan, she has learned that... but which one, she could not remember. Only the symbol on them helped her make a proper identification. "Crab samurai-sama, I am very habby to make your meeting." Greeted the samurai-ko with a strange accent. "I am Iuchi Batul."

Hiroji takes a seat next to Tomonoga and shrugs at his question. "It's... Alright. Cannot say it is my favorite. The Milk it... Is not for me."

Noticing Batul Hiroji nods slightly. "Good Evening Batul-San. I am Kaiu Hiroji."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:I was mentioning the long Dark Ride which most of us spent our childhood crossing. Better not bring that up, though. It's unpleasant. The Burning Sands sounds much better.

The Shiotome adds up, and smiles with her eyes closed. "It will," Kitakuhime beams up, "It is a delightful challenge."

Yuki giggled then looked back to the food. "Honestly, if all Unicorn food is this good then..." She paused and then blushed before waving away the thought and quickly collecting herself. "I am certain you and yours will be up to such a challenge since you've survived the wastes of the world beyond Rokugan." She paused for a moment. "Do you know if there are any storytellers, or chroniclers here among the Unicorn? I'd love to hear more."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji takes a seat next to Tomonoga and shrugs at his question. "It's... Alright. Cannot say it is my favorite. The Milk it... Is not for me."

Noticing Batul Hiroji nods slightly. "Good Evening Batul-San. I am Kaiu Hiroji."

"It iz an honor, Hiroji-sama." She added as she came closer, and then realizing that she could be too close for the standards of the Empire, she halted and smiled. "It iz an honor to meet one of the famous Crab samurai. "How do they say, I hobe you have had your raise today." Though strong her accent seemed cute to the least xenophobic.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:04 pm

It took the eldest of the Asako present a bit to come to the table. Before he moved to take a seat, he stopped at the edge of the gathering and took a knee, speaking quietly to the small boy who was dressed nearly as a miniature version of himself.

"Remember. Don't try to take anything to eat that Eriko-san or I don't put there for you. It is all right to ask, but you mustn't pout if we say no. We're to make a good impression for the Phoenix here and it would be bad if they thought we don't have manners."

The boy nodded.

"If you get sleepy, just ask Eriko-san to take you back."

Another nod and Hirase rose, taking the boys hand in his before moving to find a place where he and the child would fit, with space for the unobtrusive servant to sit just a bit behind them just in case she was needed.

{{PM if approaching, please!}}
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Liu Yue, after consuming way too much shellfish for her own good, kept her fan up as a way of concealing any sudden urges to throw up. She was able to contain it, barely, but her stomach was raging inside her. Who would have thought that the "mighty Liu Yue" would be felled by a bunch of dead fish.

As for her part, she wore a plain purple kimono, much unlike the leathers and furs that others in her clan favored. Due to her illness, she was content with people watching.

OOC: Please PM if you tag me in this thread!
Last edited by Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki giggled then looked back to the food. "Honestly, if all Unicorn food is this good then..." She paused and then blushed before waving away the thought and quickly collecting herself. "I am certain you and yours will be up to such a challenge since you've survived the wastes of the world beyond Rokugan." She paused for a moment. "Do you know if there are any storytellers, or chroniclers here among the Unicorn? I'd love to hear more."

Butaj

She replies almost immediately, "Butaj-san!" Looking around, Kitakuhime continues, "Moto Butaj-san. A peculiar performer."

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center