The True Price of Ownership (D9, LE)

The True Price of Ownership (D9, LE)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Fukawa had managed to spend the miai avoiding the stench of the Unicorn's animals as much as she could. She put a lot of perfume on her fans, she spent a lot of time at the shrine.

But Takahiro needed to be walked before Fukawa retired for the night. Otherwise, she'd wake up with a gift she would have refused three hundred times. The puppy was bounding ahead of her, and sniffing lots of spots, but apparently he was picking up Crane habits in being picky.

The animal pens seemed promising at least. If he chose here, at least there wouldn't be anything out of place.

Oh but the smell of the area......as Fukawa brought her fan up to try and ward it off.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Re: The True Price of Ownership (D9, LE)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Tomoe on the other hand had no little puppy to walk, only a stern-looking tortoise that could probably use a change of scenery from the inside of the yurt to... fuzzy wooly animals in a pen.

Her mind was mostly thinking of what the test of the Iuchi could possibly be, since it would be held late at night rather than the day, when she noticed the puppy running around... and then the puppy's most likely owner.

Oh right. The perfumed Crane who does well at everything. Why is she out here?

"Konbanwa, Doji-sama," the Hare greeted politely as she came nearer. "I see you are adjusting well to your new canine companion. Congratulations."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Fukawa bowed to the approaching Hare.

"Good evening, Usagi-san." she replied in turn. "My thanks. I have to admit of the events that have been thrown at the miai, it was watching Takahiro jump over that bar that caught my breath the most."

Hearing his name, Takahiro ran over to the Crane...and then seeing the hare, ran back over to her and sniffed at her kimono.

"I hope Usagi-san will also be taking home fond memories of the miai?"

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 5:18 pm

With tortoise in one hand, Tomoe used her free hand to pat the puppy's head. It made her miss her own Chibi-Usa, but she suspected that the ones who had given Chibi-Usa to her for a day would take good care of her.

"Fond memories? Yes, I believe I will... it's certainly been a learning experience in many ways. Many interesting people to meet, and many new challenges. Doji-sama has certainly been up for the challenges too it seems, as her name is highly favoured by the organizers."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Fukawa dips her head.

"It would seem that even to a clan that has been gone for centuries, a Doji bride is still desirable." she admits. "Though I feel the challenges were filled with worthy competitors. It would seem the Clans sent their best, with hopes to ease the Unicorn back into the Empire."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 5:49 pm

"Some things never go out of style," the Hare smirked and gave the puppy one last pat on the head. "Even the Unicorn know that the first Hantei chose a Crane bride."

"As for the competition, there have certainly been many talented people on both sides. The Dragon seem to have sent a very talented Togashi, for instance."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Takahiro wagged his tail, and then wandered a bit sniffing the ground, rather than lifting his leg on the Hare.

"Ah yes, Togashi Udo." she says. "Although, for all his talent, I wonder if he is going to accomplish what he set out to do at this miai."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 6:00 pm

"Oh? I admit I have only spoken with Togashi-san briefly... what would this be then, Doji-sama?" the Hare asked as she approached closer to Fukawa.

Courtier-gossip-time!
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Fukawa brings her fan over to conceal words.

"Togashi-san is unusual in seeking a wife. Most members of the Togashi family do not marry, there numbers mainly being maintained via adoption. However, even more unusual is that is true goal is to fall in love." she reveals.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Oh my~

The Hare brought out her own fan as well, more out of habit than anything really, because... well, sheep weren't exactly the kind that would eavesdrop on two chatting samurai-ko.

"It really is odd to send a member of a monastic order to a miai, yes," she agreed. "But love? One can certainly become fond of someone in this short amount of time, but love? Unless he is following the red string of fate... that seems difficult."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"Indeed. Benten especially has a tendency to be shy about bestowing her blessing to those who deliberately seek her out. After all, what is love if it cannot be tested?" she says. "On the other hand, given his performances, one might think Togashi-san is a man well versed in the impossible, and perhaps he can manage it."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 pm

"Nothing is impossible for a man favoured by the Fortunes," Tomoe giggled.

"But I do believe I heard Doji-sama singing for a beautiful Shinjo the other day, hm? Has Benten graced you with some of her blessing too, perhaps?" she continued behind her fan.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Fukawa blushed a bit. Those damned Moto.

She angled the fan she was holding so the Usagi could see the purple and horses a bit better in the low light.

"Perhaps. I like to think so, but I'm sure there are many who would say I'm just young and foolish." she admits.

She sighs a bit into her fan.

"If it is not love, it is close enough for me. He makes me very, very happy."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 02, 2017 7:07 pm

"Happiness all begins somewhere. Love is not always a blossom in full bloom, but a seed that must be planted and nurtured until it can become a beautiful flower. Congratulations, Doji-sama. With your placing in the tournament, it is likely you will find your happiness... I wish you all the best," Tomoe dipped her head to Fukawa, her words sincere and honest.

"I can only hope I will be as lucky too."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Fukawa taps her fan.

"From what I've heard, you have been offering daily lessons to the Unicorn on history, have you not?" she offers. "If nothing else, surely you've seen the face of the one you will be married to."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Next

Return to Animal Pens