Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Suki maintained her distance, allowing the samurai the best view of the opening ceremony.

She'd heard people talk about the Ide. How they were friendly. How their training allowed them to mingle among cultures different from their own. How they were the Unicorn most prone to taking up the modern traditions of civilized Rokugan. The governor's speech seemed to confirm all these things, and set a tone for the miai that she appreciated.

As others began mingling, she maintained her distance, content to be an observer.

[PM if you approach, please.]
Monk * Blessed by Benten * Sensation * Pacifist * Magpie? * Probably Barefoot
Honor: What is Expected Glory: 0.0 Status: 1.0

Carries: Satchel with scrolls on the Tao

Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
Suki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Yuzuki wrote:
She gave a bow. "Yuzuki, of the Mantis. Kon goes where he wants, I'm afraid. He is a very insubordinate cat."

"Well me, Yuzuki-san, of the Mantis." Dong-Ha managed a simple bow. "I see..." He looked at the 'cat' creature. Nomads had few pets besides their goats and dogs. Both of which could serve as a meal if necessity dictated. "Perhaps... he ought to be trained?" One could train dogs after all.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Chi-Pu smiles again and her shoulders seem to relax slightly.

"Thank you, that is a wonderful compliment Asako-san."

"You have no need to thank me for doing my Duty, it is simply expected. I appreciate your words however. I am happy to give you a demonstration sometime, I usually train daily in the fields, archery range, and dojo. One must maintain themselves regularly to ensure they are the best they can be after all."

She reaches down and pats Tianma's neck.

"Tianma is a special breed of horse, could she speak, she would thank you for the compliment as well."

As if on cue, Tianma huffs.

Chi-Pu sits back upright, the leather of her saddle groaning a little again.

"Did you have long to travel to come here?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:
She gave a bow. "Yuzuki, of the Mantis. Kon goes where he wants, I'm afraid. He is a very insubordinate cat."

"Well me, Yuzuki-san, of the Mantis." Dong-Ha managed a simple bow. "I see..." He looked at the 'cat' creature. Nomads had few pets besides their goats and dogs. Both of which could serve as a meal if necessity dictated. "Perhaps... he ought to be trained?" One could train dogs after all.

He definitely doesn't know what a cat is

"Well," she said, eyes looking off toward the side for a moment, "I don't think there's anyone in the world who can train a cat."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:03 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:He moved close enough to greet her. "Hello there. I'm Shinjo Monkhbaatar. It's nice to meet you. Do you mind if I ask who you and your little friend there are?"

Saku, my girl, look sharp.

Chou's blind gaze darted in the direction of the Unicorn's voice, friendly smile in place.

"The refined lady before you is Saku. The clumsy one is Mirumoto Chou, of the Dragon."

She bowed, and managed not to trip on her hakama. Saku yowled softly in protest and swept her fluffy tail to Chou's unoccupied shoulder.

"I hope that was low enough," Chou added. "Importance is difficult to judge without sight. Do you also have a friend for me to meet, Shinjo-san?"
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Yuzuki wrote:
He definitely doesn't know what a cat is

"Well," she said, eyes looking off toward the side for a moment, "I don't think there's anyone in the world who can train a cat."

"I see.." the young shaman nodded briefly what uses the animal had. "Quite an animal then." He didn't want to draw more attention to what looked like a good dinner for two, so he tactfully changed the topic. "Um, how was Yuzuki-san's journey here? I understand that the holdings of the Mantis are quite far away from... our lands."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:12 pm

"You have heard of the Mantis then? I had come here expecting many would not know of our clan since it was founded in the days after your clan left."

She absentmindedly kept petting Kon. Who purred.

"A long but uneventful journey for the most part. Passed through the lands of the Crane, Scorpion, and Lion to get here. It was an interesting change from the islands, which have a different climate and different trees."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu smiles again and her shoulders seem to relax slightly.

"Thank you, that is a wonderful compliment Asako-san."

"You have no need to thank me for doing my Duty, it is simply expected. I appreciate your words however. I am happy to give you a demonstration sometime, I usually train daily in the fields, archery range, and dojo. One must maintain themselves regularly to ensure they are the best they can be after all."

She reaches down and pats Tianma's neck.

"Tianma is a special breed of horse, could she speak, she would thank you for the compliment as well."

As if on cue, Tianma huffs.

Chi-Pu sits back upright, the leather of her saddle groaning a little again.

"Did you have long to travel to come here?"

"Likely not by your standards." His self-deprecating tone acknowledged the years-long trek the Unicorn had made. "We have crossed a large portion of the width of the northern Empire, though. It was certainly the longest journey I have ever taken. It was, in fact, the first time I'd ever seen a river of any size, or a field larger than a mountain valley. Now all that I lack is a visit to the coast and I would count myself rather worldly." His small smile grew, just a touch. "Not that it is likely now. I expect I will be learning much more of your Clan's rolling fields instead."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Mirumoto Chou wrote:Saku, my girl, look sharp.

Chou's blind gaze darted in the direction of the Unicorn's voice, friendly smile in place.

"The refined lady before you is Saku. The clumsy one is Mirumoto Chou, of the Dragon."

She bowed, and managed not to trip on her hakama. Saku yowled softly in protest and swept her fluffy tail to Chou's unoccupied shoulder.

"I hope that was low enough," Chou added. "Importance is difficult to judge without sight. Do you also have a friend for me to meet, Shinjo-san?"

He offers a returned bow that is lower and definitely not as well practiced, not that she would know. But it was as much about practicing and doing the right thing as it was for Chou's sake.

"Definitely low enough for me Mirumoto-san," he says with a bright voice. "And if it wasn't by etiquette rules then I wouldn't be able to tell you. I'm still trying to get a grasp on them all. You're friend is quite cute. I can't say I've ever seen anything like her. But unfortunately right now Meushi is preoccupied in the stables for now so I can't introduce you at the moment. Hopefully some other time though."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Mizuki is there for the cermony.

*PM if you approach*
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:With his arms crossed, a lonely Scorpion listened to the governor's words. The Yogo family mon was clearly visible on his priestly styled robes and he was also wearing a disturbing red oni mask. He was listening a bit more afar from the rest of the crowd and it seems that the people were keeping their distance from him.

Unlike the others, Shinjo Liu Yue made no effort to ignore him. After all, she too was a bit of a pariah. She stood taller than most, had her obvious injuries, and wore the clothing of the Unicorn. I will have to change for dinner later, she reminded herself.

She walked up to the man with a smile on her face. She gave him a deep bow, perhaps too deep, as she was unsure of his station. "Konnichiwa, Yogo-dono" she started, her speech slow and deliberate due to lack of experience, "Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu. It is a pleasure to meet you." She continued to smile, though she was unsure how to gauge the man's responses due to the mask. Her use of "dono" had been, perhaps, too much but she meant it with utmost sincerity and respect.

Fluff Roll: What is Yogo Mon? Lore Heraldry/Intelligence TN 5: 7 Success
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki is there for the cermony.

*PM if you approach*

She is, in fact, eventually approached by one Shinjo Akil. I must be polite to all of the new guests. He offered her a bow, and waited to speak. She might have been important, after all! And the Ide did say that if someone was important, you wait for them to decide it's time to talk to you.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"You have heard of the Mantis then? I had come here expecting many would not know of our clan since it was founded in the days after your clan left."

She absentmindedly kept petting Kon. Who purred.

"A long but uneventful journey for the most part. Passed through the lands of the Crane, Scorpion, and Lion to get here. It was an interesting change from the islands, which have a different climate and different trees."

"The Ide have made sure that we have some idea of our new home." Dong-Ha explained, nodding at Dabo. "I cannot say I know much, besides that your kin is known for their sea faring skills." he added with a soft shrug. "We have so much to learn, of the Empire and of its people." Then again, that was why they were here. "Crane, Scorpion and Lion." Dong-Ha nodded, trying to sore the different clan heartlands in his mind. "That must have taken quite a while?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:She is, in fact, eventually approached by one Shinjo Akil. I must be polite to all of the new guests. He offered her a bow, and waited to speak. She might have been important, after all! And the Ide did say that if someone was important, you wait for them to decide it's time to talk to you.

She greets (possibly her first) Unicorn. Hello, Unicorn-san. This one is Yogo Mizuki of the Scorpion Clan. It is a pleasure to meet you.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"Likely not by your standards." His self-deprecating tone acknowledged the years-long trek the Unicorn had made. "We have crossed a large portion of the width of the northern Empire, though. It was certainly the longest journey I have ever taken. It was, in fact, the first time I'd ever seen a river of any size, or a field larger than a mountain valley. Now all that I lack is a visit to the coast and I would count myself rather worldly." His small smile grew, just a touch. "Not that it is likely now. I expect I will be learning much more of your Clan's rolling fields instead."

"I was born on the coast, though I did not get to see it. I have traveled many different lands since my birth, the last however were not so easy to enjoy, as it was filled with Shadows."

Chi-Pu looks a little uneasy for a moment at the memory.

"It is certainly a blessing to be able to travel. There is so much to see and experience. Tell me, what are your lands at home like?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center