(D9 EA) Who the Heck is This Guy?

(D9 EA) Who the Heck is This Guy?

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue came to the notice board to review her chances. At the time, it seemed reasonable that she might have a chance to select a suitor. It might have been easier if I had just stayed at the bottom.

Her eyes went to those above her, to the Shosuro she had met before. He was an enigma to her with something about him that made her feel odd. She was not afraid of him, no, but he seemed aloof and distant compared to the other Scorpion she knew.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D9 EA) Who the Heck is This Guy?

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Around the corner, someone sneezed and staggered a little bit. A man's voice grumbled slightly under his breath, vaguely familiar, and then Yawarakai himself appeared around the corner. He seemed to be taking in the sights of the Center, looking each wall and door up and down on both sides and was invested enough in his self tour that it took him a little bit to notice someone else was there.

Once he had, he fixed his eyes on her and a smile to his face and bowed.

"Good afternoon Shinjo-san. It's good to see you again," he said in a polite tone.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 7:30 pm

It amused her slightly that Yawarakai had arrived just as she was pondering about him. And yet, it was more-so disturbing that fate had aligned for it. Still, her puppy Gon was happy to see the man and wagged his tail. "Konnichiwa, Shosuro-sama." Yue returned the bow, hers assuredly deeper. "Have you had your rice today?" she asked, a bit tentatively, if only because she was stealing the verse.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 7:39 pm

"Some, hai. Thank you. And you, I hope you have as well?" he asked. His eyes slid shut for a moment and he tipped his head down to look at the pup, one of the lucky few that had remained.

"And how about you little one? Did you too?" he asked with a light, playful tone.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Yue looked down at the little pup. "I do not think puppies eat rice," she said with a small laugh. "However, he did eat." She looked to the notice board and back to him. "You are still near the top, Shosuro-sama. Do you have a desired suitor in mind?" She was sure, in this case at least, there were no love confessions to worry about.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 10:16 pm

"There are things that occur to me, but to your question specifically no. I'm not sure I know anyone enough to sincerely desire them and Desire in of itself is a sin, neh?" he replied unhelpfully.

"But you've done quite well for yourself. Surely you have something in mind, having worked so hard to place yourself in the choosing order?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 pm

"Hai. Desire is a Sin," she replied tentatively. Does he know about Mizuki? No, how could he know?

"I started low in the brackets. I wanted to prove that was an incorrect assessment." Liu Yue smirked. "It appears that I have succeeded on that matter. As for suitors, I have a few in mind." She hoped that he would leave it at that.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 11:47 pm

"Ho?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. He took a step closer to Yue and gave her an intrigued smile.

"And who would that be, Shinjo-san?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Yue perked her brow. "There is one of your Clan, Soshi Taira. I have also received requests from Kaiu Hiroji and Asako Hirase." She peered at him, wondering if he had any angle with his questions. At the very least, she was certain that what she had said was common knowledge across the village.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 6:28 pm

"Are these just men who would seek to have you as their wife, or are they men you would wish to make your husband?" he asked casually, turning back to the standings to try and pick out the names she had indicated to cross reference new data.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 02, 2017 7:44 pm

"I have no qualms with marrying any of them." Yue looked away for a bit to think on the man. What's his motive? Or is there one? Stupid masks always get in the way. She turned back with a faint smile. "I believe I will be in the position to choose one of them unless someone chooses me first."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 10:27 pm

"'No qualms' is not the most ringing endorsement I've heard recently, neh Shinjo-san?" he asked with a trace of concern entering his voice.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 2:10 am

Yue looked at him and let out a small laugh. "Hai. I am still deliberating on which one I should wed, Shosuro-sama." She scratched the back of her head. "I want to ensure the best political match as well as ensure our mutual partnership."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 2:43 am

"I wish you well with your deliberations. Balancing the two is a very difficult task. It can even be perilous if one isn't careful," he said, turning back to the standings again. Then he inhaled quickly as if struck by a thought.

"Who did you sing to?" he asked suddenly, "The other night. Were you one of the 'clever women' who concealed their thoughts by not singing to a suitor or were you one who sang to a woman because you're not really interested in the intentions of the miai? I mean no disrespect, I'm just curious. I wasn't there after all and know only what I heard."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 03, 2017 5:19 am

"I must have gone unnoticed," Yue said. She shrugged. "I though I would be the most prominent being the first. However, the heiress of the Otaku is more prominent than I. She is also the one who was challenged to a duel over the matter."

She let out a small laugh afterwards. "I would say I am in the former category, Shosuro-sama." She left out the part, this time, that her feelings were honest and sincere.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to The Administrative Center