(D9 LA, Liu Sisters' Yurt) Newscast

(D9 LA, Liu Sisters' Yurt) Newscast

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 02, 2017 2:21 am

Yue was relaxing in her yurt with her dear puppy, Gon. She had changed out of her leathers and into her kimono in anticipation for the rest of her day. "You tuckered yourself out yesterday and you're still going at it? Jeez."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D9 LA, Liu Sisters' Yurt) Newscast

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Tue May 02, 2017 2:42 pm

A gentle tap on the yurt is followed by a polite call: "Shinjo Liu Yue-sama? It's Kitsu Takashi."

He waits respectfully until granted entry, then enters and bows deeply but without ostentation. After straightening, he waits patiently for indication of where he should sit with his calligraphy set. If her eyes are quick, Yue may notice the blink and slight cock of Takashi's head when he sees her face for the first time, rising from his bow.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm

The Kitsu was granted entrance and was given a bow. "Konnichiwa, Kitsu-san." She gestured to a seat next to the yurt's table. Any of his reactions fly over her head; her general lack of attention combined with a maimed eye resulted in her missing social cues often. "What did you wish to talk about?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu May 04, 2017 10:48 am

As the Kitsu sets up his small station on the table, he explains: "I understand that Shinjo Liu Yue-sama has, in the matter of just a few days, become very highly regarded in this miai. Notable performances in the events are part of this, but there is also buzz about the Shinjo warrior princess. As someone sent here to record the impressions and reactions among our people that this gathering facilitates, I would be..." Takashi suddenly has the sense that he's being too formal and awkward. He tries things a bit differently: "Ahem. My clan sent me here to record important stories. I believe, from what I've heard, that your experience is one of those stories. I would like very much to hear the story from you." With proper and brush now prepared before him, the Lion gives a warm, gentle smile.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu May 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Yue nodded along to his explanation and smiled. "I am not sure if I would call myself a warrior princess. That is more suited for Otaku Kitakuhime-sama." She shrugged. "However, you are correct that I have risen through the ranks. I did well in both Otaku events." She afforded herself a small giggle. "I might have been a good shiotome.

"I also have my puppy, Gon." As if on cue, the little puppy ran up and sniffed the man and his materials. At the very least, the dog was wise enough to not start destroying all of it. "Finally, the greatest triumph was fighting against the orochi. In fact, that was the first time I gained recognition at this miai. I h ave done well since the battle and I wonder if slaying the dragon had a part in it."

She let out a sigh. "The battle was fierce, Kitsu-san. It was raining heavily and any archer would have found it difficult to land an arrow. The Mantis was the first to fall, but Soshi Taira was able to address her wounds. I was bitten by the orochi and almost consumed. I was saved by the stirrups." She swallowed the Fear; it still unsettled her even then. "Otaku-nikutai was then squeezed to near death in its coils. However, what slew her was its claws. That same swipe sent the Mantis down again. The doctor told me that Yuzuki only survived because of armor scraps from Otaku Chi-Pu. I have no doubt in saying it was a miracle.

"Kaiu Hiroji was the one who dealt the final blow. We learned that the orochi was tricked and we then slew it." She took a deep breath. "Gomennasai. I must have forgotten some parts of the battle. However, that is what I remember."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Return to Northwestern Yurts