Day 8 [LE] The Word On The Street

Re: Day 8 [LE] The Word On The Street

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 1:48 pm

"I believe the intention was for me to find a bride that would eventually come home with me, though it's not beyond possibility that something could be worked out and I would remain here to strengthen the bonds between our respective clans. The Ide, I could see. The Otaku or the Shinjo likewise.... I'm not sure what life would look like if I were by some lark of fate married into the Moto... now that would truly be an oddity. The Iuchi... who knows? Beyond the symbolic nature of the marriage, I'm not sure what they'd need me to do. I'm sure they'd find something, but I'd just as soon keep the course if I'm able and find a suitable bride," he said, as politely warm and casual as he'd been so far.

"What about you Shiba-san? What would you want in a wife? And would you want to stay a Shiba or join with the Unicorn fully?"
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Mon May 01, 2017 2:13 pm

"I would want a wife who would be a friend and someone I could council with. If we had shared interests beyond duty that would be even greater. As for the latter my training would be suitable to either Clan's needs and if I had to join a Unicorn Family I would be honored to seal bonds of trust between our Clans. My Emperor would not change nor my duty as samurai, just the nature of the flow of that bond. They say the Kami Shiba and the Kami Shinjo were the closest of siblings in their Celestial Family. I believe that relationship should be renewed between their Clans." Kaizen knew his Duty though a particular Kakita seemed inclined to keep him from it.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 2:30 pm

"Fascinating...." mused the Scorpion, "I suppose I have heard that said, though growing up the bond I was always reminded of was that between Bayushi and Shiba. That was partly the reason why I suppose I was drawn to the beauty of the naginata, the way your family in particular has raised a culture around it. That, and the elegance all on it's own."

He sighed, a little put out, then added, "It's sad, isn't it? That we as humans have fallen so far that we do not always honor the bonds of our progenitors. Perhaps one day, neh?"
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 pm

"True enough the Twin Kami were close, but I am not attending a miai among your kin Shosuro-sama. Speaking of the naginata it seems some among the Unicorn also favor that weapon. Their style is different, but the grace of movement holds the same balance of block and strike. Myself I prefer a yari or yumi to keep enemies at a distance, they are not as elegant to watch, but effective nonetheless." Kaizen said. As for the other, "With few exceptions it has always been the desire of the Phoenix Clan for peace."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Yawarakai chuckled and shook his head.

"Ah, it is so though you would have been welcome. I met one who said they were a student of it, so it is true. I heard there was an odd sort of spear used in the contests yesterday, meant for use on horseback. I suppose I'd naively assumed that was a clan standard much in the same way that many Crane favor the yari and the Crab the tetsubo."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue May 02, 2017 6:27 am

A Clan Standard?... "I had never thought of weapons as belonging to a Clan. Among my kin we have those who practice any weapon imaginable. Since so many Shiba become yojimbo it is important to know how to counter any threat and while we typically use the katana, naginata, and yari they are not all those are just favored. My own sensei is quite skilled with a tetsubo and my Mother the jitte. I imagine most other bushi dojo allow students to find a weapon that suits their talents in order to grow them, but I never thought to ask." Kaizen said wondering if the Scorpion bushi were limited into their weapon choices by some traditional reasoning or if in fact all Clans were except the Phoenix.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am

Yawarakai's smile widened and he waved his hand it front of his face apologetically.

"Ah, gomen. 'Standard' was not the best word.... 'stereotype' might have been a better choice on my part. It's what we imagine them with, neh? The little boxes we sort ideas into within our heads. But ideas have ways of not representing the individuals we meet in our neat little boxes," he sighed but not sadly.

"Again, my apologies. You are correct, weapons do not belong to clans in the way that no style of weapon is the sole purview of any clan to be infringed upon by another."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 pm

"Ah, I see then yes there are expectations though I imagine the Ise Zumi and Brotherhood would have some entertaining sayings about expectations." Kaizen smiled at the joke and bowed, "I apologize Shosuro-san, but considering Kakita-san's intentions I have some preparations to be about."
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 3:56 pm

"Of course Shiba-san, I understand completely. It is nothing, though I'm glad to have met you even if briefly. Carry the Fortunes," the Shosuro said with a bow in return.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Previous

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village