Politics Between Neighbors (D9 - EE, Takeo's Room)

Politics Between Neighbors (D9 - EE, Takeo's Room)

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Takeo had tea set out and a traditional assortment of Rokugani snacks at hand for his guest, should he be hungry. He was especially pleased to have found some dango nearby. Beyond that, he had a plate of cheese and figs, should the Shosuro wish for something more exotic and a pot of coffee at hand as well.

The room was as well appointed as it could be for receiving the Shosuro heir. Takeo hoped he would be receptive to his request. He'd been finding himself at the mercy of others more than he preferred lately.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Re: Politics Between Neighbors (D9 - EE, Takeo's Room)

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 12:34 pm

A minute or two after the appointed hour, someone scratched on the door.

"I believe I am expected," called a warm voice from the other side of the paper screen. The shadow cast upon the door was a lithe one and his kimono did not seem to billow much.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Takeo greeted Yawarakai at the door, smiling when he saw his guest.

"Good evening Shosuro-sama," he said, stepping back and gesturing the Scorpion inside, "Please come in and join me for some tea and light refreshments if you would have them."

He gestured to the small sitting area that had been prepared for the occasion.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Yawarakai bowed to his host politely and crossed the threshold. His kimono cut closely to his form and wrapped around his body elegantly. A glinting silver bangle hung around his left wrist, adorned with a single ruby. His short black hair was well groomed and tucked away with practice, and a warm, easy smile spread across his lips.

"Good evening to you Kitsune-sama," he said, eyes flicking around Takao's room and form with polite interest. He moved to the meeting area and sat himself in the guest's customary place.

"I hope you are well?"
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm

"Very well," Takeo replied as he assumed the seat opposite the Scorpion, "And I am honored to be hosting the Shosuro-dono's eldest," he said, bowing again.

"I understand you are the governor of the Painted City as well? Truly an honor then - we had a troupe of your butei come through Kyuden Kitsune a few years back and I remember it being one of the most enjoyable winters of my youth."

"Can I pour you some tea? Or perhaps coffee if you need a little jolt before tonight's event?"

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 5:32 pm

"I'll pass along your well wishes, if you like?" Yawarakai offered, "And I'm pleased you enjoyed your experience with the butei. They train for their craft with as much effort as a Kakita might with drawing his blade or a Unicorn with- well... doing anything while mounted. That is the challenge, after all neh? Coffee, please. With milk if you have it."

Yawarakai moved back and forth slightly as he settled in for their meeting, glancing down at the table's edge before he returned his pleasantly warm gaze to the Fox.

"I admit Kitsune-sama, you seem to be more familiar with me than I am with you. I'm aware of your family and your position within it, but other than that I don't know much about you."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 11:22 pm

"There is not much to know, Shosuro-sama," he replied, "I am the heir of the oldest minor clan which, while I take great pride in that fact, means to little to those of the Great Clans. My aunt will likely soon produce an heir and then I will be even further removed and be even less worthy of notice."

He smiled while he said this - it was all pleasant enough - he was simply acknowledging facts.

"You, on the other hand, are heir to one of the families of the Scorpion - certainly the family best well known for the actors your clan produces. Word was sure to get around."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 11:32 pm

"Of the order of the Clans, what is is what is. That cannot be changed," Yawarakai said, waiting his hand in front of his face dismissively. He peered curiously at Takao before continuing.

"As for the rest, I think you sell yourself short. If you were merely the current heir, and heir which could be supplanted at any moment by another being brought forth closer to the seat of power.... Even if you were only such a precarious heir, you are given favorable quarters among highly honored guests whereas I, son to my mother and my daimyo and governor of one of my families most important holdings is given a yurt with the rest.... No Kitsune-sama," he said, his voice lowering slightly despite the warm smile permanently affixed to his face, "It seems like you sell yourself short indeed."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 11:40 pm

"The Fox and the Unicorn share a common ancestry and we were one of the first to speak for them when they returned - perhaps that explains my own accommodations. As for yours...well, I don't have an explanation for that except perhaps to say that the Unicorn are newly returned and are still figuring their way out around such things. In some instance, I would have considered refusing my own, not wanting to accept more than the Unicorn offer for themselves, but that would have insulted our hosts," he replied, still pleasant as ever.

"As for my own capabilities, perhaps I sell myself short in some regards. I have been groomed as a ready stand-in for my aunt should the need ever arise and so I suppose I am as equipped as any among the Fox for events like these. And yet my own capabilities have been woefully lacking in the demonstrations thus far, much to my chagrin. A new lesson to be learned for tomorrow at every turn."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 11:46 pm

"If I may Kitsune-sama, you are still deprecating yourself. Is this just the mask you wear to present yourself to the world or do you actually believe yourself unworthy of the task you've been born to and are being trained for?" he asked, leaning forward slightly while his head tilted as if to view Takeo in a new light.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 pm

"I prefer to think of it less as self-deprecation and more self-realization," Takeo countered.

"Nothing I have said is untrue, after all," he said, sitting back slightly as Yawarakai advanced.

"If I may, Shosuro-sama, you are eager to compliment my own abilities, but we have only just met, my performance in the competitions has been lacking, and the only thing you know of me to my credit is my parentage and my position here. Why do you think you see me in a different life than I may see myself?"

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 12:15 am

"I don't, necessarily. I don't know you well enough to have a perfect grasp of your skills and abilities, but you are certainly highly placed enough for me to take note of you and take care with you. That is all," he explained with a shrug. His eyes rolled closed for a moment then reopened and quickly reacquired the Fox's.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 am

"Take care?" Takeo said, some mirth creeping into his voice, "I assure you Shosuro-san, you have nothing to care from me. What you see is what you get," he gestured the length of his body.

"If I wear a mask it matches what is underneath."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Wed May 03, 2017 12:09 pm

"Perhaps that is so. Perhaps it is simply the nature of my instruction which leaves me to be overly sensitive to the possibility. And if that's the case then I will ask for your indulgence for the time being while we each learn about the other," Yawarakai answered warmly. He took a moment to study the small portions of food which had been laid out before them, and produced a pair of chopsticks with which he selected one of the brownish-purple fruits the Fox had set for them. He lifted it before his eyes to study it, twisting and rotating it in the light. Finally he seemed to be satisfied and carefully deposited it in his half-exposed mouth and chewed thoughtfully. Moments passed and he nodded with approval before returning his attention back to Takeo.

"So what is our agenda for this meeting? A comparison of the different cuisines, or did you have something else in mind?" he asked politely once he had swallowed the fig.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm

"Ahh, nothing quite so simple I'm afraid," he said, selecting a fig of his own and dousing it in a tiny dab of honey before eating it himself.

"I am certain we could spend an evening or longer comparing the finer points of the foreign cuisine to that of our own, regrettably I find it necessary to impress and impose upon you for a matter of some assistance tonight."

Kitsune Takeo

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms