IDE EVENT: Welcome Dinner (D1, Early Evening)

Re: IDE EVENT: Welcome Dinner (D1, Early Evening)

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Batul walked into the great diner hall called by the smells and flavors that she knew well, but among the smells there were others that she did not know of and that made her nose tingle softly. Just in case, the samurai-ko brought out one of her talisman and with one simple word called the power of the Earth upon her (Earth's Touch Talisman). Feeling a bit more confident, the samurai-ko sat among fellow samurai of a different clan with delicate poise. She had practice in her room to be prepared.

Not knowing what to speak of, the samurai-ko took a moment of silence to ask about the current state of the fortunes, since she had heard of many new names being invoked here and there, names she had not ever been aware of. This called the attention of many shugenja around her, eager to explain. The comments and discussions she took deeply into consideration with a smile on her face as she listened, and asked to one or another the relation with the 7 Fortunes.

As the evening continued, Batul tried many of the dishes around her, not stopping herself from trying the meats, the cheese, the rokuganí Sake, and even some of their unique seafood dishes of which she had only heard of til now. She ate and talked, and over all had a wonderful evening among the samurai.

----

-Interesting. Int/Theology. 1 Raise, TN 15: 28 - 2 DP
-I can Speak, Aw/Etiquette. 1 Raise, TN 15: 22 - 2 DP
-Politeness, Aw/Etiquette. 1 Raise, TN 15: 19 - 2 DP
-Stomach, Stamina, Earth's Touch, TN 15: 29

Diner Points 6
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:51 pm

A Fox of incredible stature arrives at the meal in her finest kimono. Conventional wisdom on fashion for larger women is, of course, to select something slimming. Kumahime's tailor, thankfully, accepted the fact that she is beyond all hope of that looking anything but desperate, and instead chose to fully utilize her canvas, producing a loose, flowing orange number, giving the impression of falling autumn leaves every time the mighty Fox moves, giving her an air of grace beyond what she could normally manage.

The steppes are a new experience, and the Unicorn live and work with all manner of creatures Kumahime has heard about and seen in pictures, but never actually met before.

Unfortunately, as the conversation veers toward the land itself, a nearby Lion starts growing irate. Nothing rude, but it's an ice that just kills the conversation.

But, the mark of a good meal is when the food gets there and the table goes silent! So many new and interesting things to try, and this Fox does not hold back. A strong body comes with a strong appetite, and the students of the Proud Bear are the strongest there is! She tries a helping of almost everything, without discriminating, and goes back for seconds. One might wonder where she's putting it all, but she has plenty of space.

As she goes along, she asks about various unfamiliar foods, and here, her ignorance proves to her benefit; her knowledge of outside cultures is limited and she knows it, so she's far more willing to accept that other clans favor different foods, and can discuss the matter without judgment. Besides, in her own training, she's hunted and eaten some things the rest of her own clan would rather not discuss. Then again, there's a pretty stark divide in the Kitsune between the hunters and the vegetarians.

((Interesting/Fascinating: Lore: Nature, TN10: 3d10o10k2 12, pass. +1 point.
Speak/Good: Etiquette/Awareness, TN10: 3d10o10k2 6, fail. -0 points.
Polite/Thoughtful: Etiquette/Awareness, TN10: 3d10o10k2 11, pass. +1 point.
Fu/Leng: Raw Stamina, VP, TN15: 4d10o10 23, pass. Bring on the cheese!
Total: 2 dinner points.))
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:01 pm

When reuniting with long-lost family, the choice of conversation topic seemed obvious enough to Kaiya; 'So just what have you guys been up to for the past several hundred years?'

He seemed deeply interested in hearing the Unicorn's stories, and proved a capable teacher when it came to sharing a few highlights of Rokugan's past. Even if his presentation was somewhat matter-of-fact and dry rather than with the embellishments one might expect from a storyteller, it was at least woven into the conversation seamlessly and stuck to elements that some might find interesting or insightful even without drama.

The food, fortunately, was no surprise to the Fairuz, being at least somewhat familiar with gaijin eating habits even if it was not something he had partaken in himself. The strange mix of smells from the combination of foods present had his expectations very low, but the flavor proved itself quite well!

So the gathering began with a large relief, as more of this cuisine was likely in his future.

D1EE Event, Being interesting. Lore (History) +1 CR, TN 15: 4d10o10k3 22
D1EE Event, Speaking Good, Etiquette/Awareness TN 10: 3d10o10k2 24
D1EE Event, Being Polite, Etiquette/Awareness TN 10: 3d10o10k2 14

4 Dinner Points

D1EE Event, Intestinal Fortitude! VP+1k1, Stamina TN 15: 4d10o10 23

Not sick!
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha fiddled one of his lucky trinkets nervously as he watched the watched the hall fill with people. Luckily, or perhaps because he made his own luck, his small talk did not seem to raise any kind of offense among the visitors. Inwardly, the young man sighed with relief. He had chosen a rather safe topic, discussing the exploits of Shinjo-kami, and even if he wasn't that well versed on the topic, at least the the crowd had been somewhat interested in hearing what had happened to the kami during the Ki-Rin's sojourn.

Then a blasted Crane asked a question, causing Dong-Ha to ponder on how to best present his topic. Not that he knew much about the Crane, other that they were picky when it came to manners. Again rubbing his lucky stone, Dong-Ha simply tried his luck and mumbled few polite words in the general direction of the Crane. The powder blue bird smiled and thus another pitfall had been averted.

Next, the food was served and Dong-Ha watched the chopsticks in dismay. What use the wooden twigs were when everyone had two perfectly good hands to eat with. However, the native seemed to be picking up food with the kami-forgotten things. Sighing, he took a care to rub his lucky charm really hard before trying to imitate the others. As luck had it, he did not a single morsel, though he didn't particularly charm anyone either. Then again, better not to make fuss of oneself, he figured.

The strange shelled creatures were delicious, as far as Dong-Ha was concerned, though some of his kinsmen seemed to have issues with them. Seafood, he had been told. He could not help but wonder how one picked the strange pinkish berries underwater. They had to grow near the shore for certain.

Rolls here
4 Dinner points
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:21 pm

It might come as no surprise that Hirase, a scholar and from a scholarly Clan, had much to talk about with his dinner companions. He shared some of the stories of the gaijin people of the north, the Yobanjin, and their myths and legends, trying to see if they might match up with anything the Unicorn had found on their travels. Nods and polite expressions of interest were exchanged and the time leading up until the actual meal passed in pleasant discourse.

Then the food came. That was less pleasant, and while Hirase of course ate what was presented to him, he knew that there was going to be a toll later and excused himself as soon as it was polite to do so.

{{Lore portion: 3 points
Etiquette portion the first: 2 points
Etiquette the second: 2 points
Digestion: Fail, but not enough for disaster thank goodness.
Total: 7 Dinner points and an unhappy GI}}

Edited because I can't read and missed a section.
Last edited by Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Doji Ameka looked over the generous display of both familiar and exotic food with mounting horror that she aggressively concealed. She tended to eat fairly ordinary, mellow food and she still found herself sick often. Well, here was hoping. She swallowed her worries and was determined to be charming and personable for the sake of the Clan and worry about the inevitable nausea to follow later.

Finding herself in conversation with one of the Unicorn, she found herself talking about the food present and some of the more unusual vegetables and fruit. It eventually led around to the plants in Rokugan she used as flavorants for her candy, and she found herself at least familiar enough with the subject not to make a fool of herself.

Continuing naturally was more complicated, but she managed with a grace and aplomb that would make her Clan proud.

The meal was trickier to navigate with her delicate constitution, but she managed to smile. In fact, she ended up eating more food here than she could remember doing for a while. Maybe there was something about all this milk-based stuff? It was really good!

~~~

I am interesting and fascinating: Success, no raises
I can speak good: Success with two raises
I am polite and thoughtful: Success with two raises
The Seven Thunders Are Fighting Fu Leng In My Stomach: Success
Points gained: 7 Dinner points
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Having shed her combat attire and reapplied her makeup, as well as a lovely smelling flower perfume, Chi-Pu takes a seat at a table with a few of the guests from the Lion clan.

"Have you ever heard the history of the Otaku and their steeds, Lion-san?"

She beings to speak of the tale of the City of Sorcerers to those gathered at the table, managing to keep the story interesting enough to keep all in attendance entertained.

As the story came to a close, Chi-Pu turned to one of the Lion.

"Please, would you honor me with selecting the dishes you find most pleasant from your lands? I would be happy to try them"

The Lion samurai nodded and handed her a plate full of shrimp.

Chi-Pu took the plate and smiled and then picked up the shrimp with her fingers. The Lion frowned slightly at this

When she finished her plate, Chi-Pu and those around her could hear a slight grumbling form her stomach...

----Rolls----
I Am Interesting and Fascinating: TN 10: 2d10 16 +1 point
I Can Speak Good: VP for Skilled, 1 Raise, TN 15: 4d10o10k3 25 +2 pointss
I Am Polite and Thoughtful: VP for Skilled, 1 raise TN 15: 4d10o10k3 14 -1 point, Minor Breach of Etiquette (-0.2 Honor)
The Seven Thunders Are Fighting Fu Leng In My Stomach: TN 15: 3d10o10 8 Failure, Bad Fortune (Shellfish)

Total: 2 points.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Formal dinners . . . the bane of all Kitteh kind. Yurio had put on his best kimono, which would be classed as fourth or fifth best by a Crane of middling aspirations, and tried his best to get through the terrors of etiquette.

Fortunately he found a fellow guest with an interest in history and managed a very polite and interesting discussion on the early skirmishes of the clans.

Then came the food.

You can do this! Treat it like one of Akodo Daisuke's tactics lessons. Need to outmanoeuvre the . . . . what is that? And outflank the . . . . I have no idea what that is either! Tofu! That's safe! Wait! this isn't tofu . . . . . . . . . tasty though. Wonder what it is? Is that meat? It's brown . . . ok where's the fish, there!, that's better. I am not drinking that! The sake has gone off . . . . where's the shochu . . . tactics, Yurio-kun . . . which bottle did the Crab use? AH that one! MINE!

He quite enjoyed himself in the end.

/ooc

I Am Interesting and Fascinating: Lore:History/Intelligence, TN 10 = 28. 1 Dinner Point and tiny fist shaken at Orokos.
I Can Speak Good: Etiquette/Awareness, 1 CR, TN 15 = 22. 2 Dinner Points.
I Am Polite and Thoughtful: Etiquette/Awareness, 2 CR, VP for +1k1, TN 20 = 36. 3 Dinner Points.
The Seven Thunders are Fighting Fu Leng in my Stomach: Stamina Trait roll, VP for +1k1, TN 15 = 16. Pass! Living proof of 'Always void the Fear roll'.

6 Dinner Points and no allergies kthxbai.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Butaj looks at the feast with hungry eyes and a rumbling stomach, but then he is reminded that before he can eat anything he is meant to chat around! He looks to the lady to the left and the lady to the right and grins friendlily.

"Hello, nice feast, eh? Butaj is happy to know you. You probably want to know who Butaj is! That is a complicated thing, but let me tell you..." His heavily accentuated small talk doesn't disclose tremendous knowledge of Butaj about Butaj. There are big holes in the narrative, like who his real father is, but cleverly Butaj decides to primarily tells what he likes!

Day 1 - EE - Event: I Am Interesting and Fascinating! - Int/Lore: Butaj (Unskilled) - TN10: 2d10 15 +1 Dinner Point!

Unfortunately, he loses the attention of both ladies somewhere between extolling the tastes of kumis and venison consumed together. And not only those ladies! His loud voice carries over, informing many in its radius about the hazards of mixing poorly dried goat tongues with barely fermented horse milk!

Day 1 - EE - Event: I Can Speak Good - Awa/Etiquette (VP for Skilled) - TN20 (2R!): 4d10o10k3 7 -2 Dinner Points!

Fortunately, the awkward silence can soon be filled with sounds of conspicuous consumption! Butaj gives himself all to the roasted and to the sun-dried, to the smoked and to the marinated! Seeing great platters of raw meat of creatures he doesn't know, he throws himself at the task and duly immerses in foreign culinary culture. He has just one moment of hesitation seeing those strange sticks by his place but once he figures out those are toothpicks to remove tendons from between the teeth he loudly comments on the sensibility of the organisers that they wanted to spare his fingernails and demonstrates his proficiency in removing an obnoxious sliver of something fatty somewhere from amid his generous smile.

Day 1 - EE - Event: I Am Polite and Thoughtful - Awa/Etiquette (VP for Skilled) - TN25 (3R!): 4d10o10k3 21 - 3 Dinner Points, Minor Breach of Etiquette!

"So you call that pink and slimy crab sashimi? That was pretty good! Does Butaj feel strange after eating two plates? Not at all, Butaj will try this red pincery scorpion now! Lobster? Lobster then!"

Day 1 - EE - Event: The Seven Thunders Are Fighting Fu Leng In My Stomach - Stamina (VP for +1k1) - TN15: 3d10o10 21

That is truly a great feast! Time to toast the Ide with kumis!

-4 Dinner Points
-0.1 Honor
Last edited by Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue came to the dinner in a standard Rokugani kimono. She was pleased to have gotten it beforehand as it allowed her to fit in more with the fashion. However, it may have made her stand out from her fellow Unicorn if people cared more for fashion than her missing arm and marred face.

She carried herself well throughout the affair. She made sure to not interrupt anyone, maintained all table manners, and even managed to impress others on her knowledge of the food they were eating.

This gave her a bit of overdue confidence, however. She sought to impress others by trying each and every piece of Rokugani food available. My body has handled worse, she mused in her mind. She may have been fine if she had simply stopped when her limit was reached. However, she kept going, until eventually she felt an urge to throw up. "This food is fantastic," she said, truthfully, using her fan as a shield for her strained lips.

---

I Am Interesting and Fascinating: Lore (Fish): Intelligence TN 10 : 14 Success
I Can Speak Good: Courtier/Awareness TN 10: 16 Success
I Am Polite and Thoughtful: Etiquette/Awareness TN 10, VP Spent for +1k1: 17 Success
The Seven Thunders Are Fighting Fu Leng In My Stomach: Stamina TN 15, VP Spent for +1k1 24 Success (GM Allowed Reroll!)

Results:
3 Dinner Points
No Allergy Gained (But will still fluff being a little whoozy from being unused to shellfish)
Last edited by Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto al-Kalb on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Surprising most, even himself, the brutish Moto al-Kalb manages to carry his end of the conversational duties quite well. His knowledge and passion when it came to his charges and their role in the armies of the Unicorn helped carry him through and he even managed to remember to skip over the gory details - even if they were his favorite part, personally.

What was unsurprising, however, was that a man who was reared more by animals than people and had lived among the former ever since was not a paragon of samurai manners and etiquette - or even seemed aware of them at all. Chopsticks were ignored in favor of tearing hunks of meat from the bone with bare hands and teeth. Juices trickling down his chin wiped away with the back of a furred sleeve without a care and, of course, talking and laughing loudly, boisterously and often with a mouth full of food.

Special joy was taken with the new discovery of shellfish. His large, strong hands easily cracking and shattering the hard outer shells to allow him to noisily suck down the succulent meat and juices hidden within. Shards of discarded shells slowly piling up on the floor near him as he casually tosses them aside without a care once they yield no more meat.

Luckily for al-Kalb it appears that his constitution is hardy enough to handle the variety of foods offered and his enjoyment brings no physical repercussions - only social ones for which he has no concern.

I Am Interesting and Fascinating = Success - 1DP
I Can Speak Good = Pass - 1DP
I Am Polite and Thoughtful: = Fail - Minor Breach
The Seven Thunders Are Fighting Fu Leng In My Stomach = Pass

Results - 2 Points, Minor Breach (-.1)
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Hellhound • War Dog Overseer • Massive • Savage

Carries: Furs and leathers, daisho, coin purse
Where appropriate: Heavy Armor, ono, no-dachi, two war dog pups

Description
Moto al-Kalb

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:13 pm

The young Moshi just wondered into the feast. As she was approached she explained about how the Lady Sun blesses all. The woman took a seat among those who had talked about the subject and politely held the conversation. She continued to talk and she did have this inside voice telling her not to eat but the Moshi didn't want to be disrespectful and took some of the offerings the Unicorn had. She couldn't help but tried her best to not dishonor her host yet the poor Moshi started sweating and turned a bit green.

Lore: Theology 1 raise TN 15: 4d10o10k3 15 passed 2 pts
Etiquette Conversation TN 10: 3d10k3 12 passed 1 pt
Etiquette TN 10: 3d10k3 18 passed 1 pt

Stamina using 1 VP roll TN 15: 3d10k3 11 failed

(Total pts 4)
Last edited by Moshi Asakiko on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Hideo, not finding any subject particularly interesting at the meal compared to the foods, striked up a conversation with a soon very bored looking Moto about the history of some of the rokugani foods. He eventually noted that the man really didn't care about the history of catching fish, and politely excused himself to try some of the strange foods on display.

Still, he managed to carry the topic without issue, even if it almost put the Unicorn to sleep.

Now for the challenging food at hand! Luckily Hideo is a proper Imperial, and made easy work of trying these new foods. They were actually quite nice as well!

D1 EE Welcome Dinner Event - I Am Interesting and Fascinating - Lore:History/Int TN10+2 raises (Tn20): 4d10o10k3 13 Fail -2 dinner points
D1 EE Welcome Dinner Event - I Can Speak Good. Etiquette/Awareness TN10+1 raise (Tn15): 4d10o10k3 30 Pass +2 dinner points
D1 EE Welcome Dinner Event - I Am Polite and Thoughtful. Etiquette/Awareness TN10+2 raise (Tn20) VP spent: 5d10o10k4 43 Pass +3 dinner points
D1 EE Welcome Dinner Event - The Seven Thunders Are Fighting Fu Leng In My Stomach. Stamina roll (TN15) VP spent: 4d10o10k4 24 - No issue with cheese!

3 dinner points
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Mirumoto Chou's mouth watered at the interesting smells in the air. She was sure to feed Saku well beforehand, and the lemur draped sleepily across the Dragon's shoulders rather than causing mischief.

She has a story or two about Dragon shugenja--"Is Tonbo-sama listening? No? Good, let me tell you about the time-"

Chou told her story well enough to earn some laughs, but it didn't carry far--it also didn't offend anyone.

Her evening was going excellently, until she put some new food in her mouth. Her stomach rebelled. Was that a Saku hair in there? The texture was just so--mushy.

I am Interesting L: Shugenja, 2 raises, VP: 5d10o10k3 40 3 Dinner Points

I can speak good, raw AW, no raise: 3d10k3 16 1 Dinner Point

I am polite, raw AW, no raise: 3d10k3 16 1 Dinner Point

FAIL Day of Thunder, VP: 4d10o10k4 13

5 Dinner Points, +5 TN
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 pm

So, a dinner. Yuichi did not felt comfortable around so many people, specially since this dinner was just an excuse to get those that were searching for a spouse to know each other.

But he tried, at least, to be polite. As best as he could.

So, he started a conversation with some Unicorns that were sitting next to him. He talked about the kami and general theology with those gaijin, after all, he was expected to educate this 'people' about the correct and proper worship of Rokugan religion. He is a priest after all.

These barbarians found this topic of conversation quite interesting and they listened Yuichi intently. He explained how the spirits surrounded all of which we can see, hear, etc.

Then the food came. Red meat. Only savages eat red meat, he thought, and he was clearly disgusted by this meal.

'' So... this is what savages eat...What's next? Fresh cadavers?'' He thought aloud, and his racist comment was heard by everyone. Of course they all stood up and leaved after this insult. Not that Yuichi cared, he was used to it.

Now alone, some servants brought these peculiar food called cheese. It had a stange taste and even more stange odor. He asked about it and he was told it was made out of milk, to his relief. He ate some of it. Actually it did not taste bad at all, well at least it was not red meat.

[OOC - Rolls]

1) Lore: Theology/Intelligence - 18 | Pass [ TN 15, 1 raise]
2) Etiquette/Awareness - 35 | Pass [TN 10]
3) Etiquette/Awareness - 9 | Failed [TN 10] *Reroled because I made a mistake, sorry
4) Stamina trait roll - 40 |Pass [TN 15, +1K1 VP]

Minor Breach of Etiquette - No honor loss (Honorless Dog!!)
3 Dinner Points
1/2 Void Points Left
Last edited by Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center