A Dinner of Purple and Red (D9 EE) [Mizuki's Room]

A Dinner of Purple and Red (D9 EE) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Mizuki sets up for light dinner for her and her guest.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Re: A Dinner of Purple and Red (D9 EE) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue May 02, 2017 1:59 am

Punctual as any true samurai should be, Taichi reached the top of the step and approached the room. He paused briefly to make sure that his kimono was sitting just so, and to get his smile ready. the mere fact that she was housed here rather than one of the yurts meant it was worth taking a little extra effort.

He knocked firmly, but his voice was polite and respectful. "Shinjo Taichi as requested, Yogo-sama."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 am

Mizuki opens the door, unmasked. Her features are Cranish, particularly her blue eyes and white hair. She bows. "This one is Yogo Mizuki. Please come in, sit, and enjoy dinner." The dinner is a mix of Rokugani and Unicorn food. There is some kumis to drink. "Thank you for coming."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue May 02, 2017 8:33 am

The fact that she was not wearing a mask surprised him a little, as he'd heard that the Scorpion were loath to remove them in front of people outside their clan. For her to make such a gesture was likely significant. Oh dear, another one's fallen for me. What's a man to do.

His smile was broad as he bowed and entered. "The pleasure is all mine, Yogo-sama. It is not every day that one gets invited to dine with one such as yourself." Noting the spread, he says "I'm glad that our hospitality seems to be to your liking."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 5:43 pm

"It has been. So, many interesting new things to try. Please come in and sit." She then goes and sits. "I want you to know that I am not wearing my mask as a sign of trust and honesty. I want this dinner and conversation to open and enlightening."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue May 02, 2017 6:32 pm

He moves and sits as directed, not sure exactly what to expect. He preferred to be in control, but she was clearly running this at the moment. His smiled was toned down a bit to a more serious expression. "I appreciate that, Yogo-sama. What is it you wished to discuss?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 7:41 pm

"If I may be blunt. I do not know who I will pick. I want meet the men of your Clan so it can give me a good idea. One meeting is at least better than none."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 am

He nodded sympathetically. "I can understand that, although I doubt that I will be in a position to choose my spouse." He was sure to be snapped up long before it came to his chance to choose.

"So you do not have a man you favour?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed May 03, 2017 3:30 am

Mizuki shakes her head. "Ie. I do not. I have been impressed by your Clan, but for one reason or another, I have not made the same connection with the candidates that others have made. Is there a woman that you hope picks you?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 7:07 am

He thought it about for a short while, approaching the question seriously. "There are some who I feel would likely pick me, but beyond that, I don't know. Many of those here are nice, and some would make a good match in my opinion." He shrugs slightly. "But it is not for me to choose. I will accept whatever comes and make of it the best that I am able."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed May 03, 2017 3:40 pm

Mizuki nods. "What do you know of the Yogo Family?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 5:53 pm

"I know of most of the families in the empire, yes."

It was probably obvious to her that he had no idea at what she was hinting about.
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed May 03, 2017 6:01 pm

"I see. The Yogo are a bit unique. We are descended from Yogo Kocho. He was originally Asako Yogo, husband of Lady Asako. He was a powerful shugenja and a cunning general. He won a major battle against the Dark One. In return, the Ninth cursed him to betray the one he loved most. Eventually, Bayushi convinced Yogo to join him because Yogo did not love Bayushi so he would not betray him. What makes the Yogo Family unique is that this Curse has been passed on. All members of the Yogo Family possess this Curse, myself included. It can range from minor things to terrible tragedies. Mostly, it falls in-between. It causes pain, but nothing that cannot be overcome."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 6:20 pm

He sat quietly for a time, thinking. He was at heart a quite practical man. "So all members of your family are cursed to betray the one they love? What form does this take? Is there no way to remove this, or lessen its effect?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed May 03, 2017 6:36 pm

"Yes. It isn't necessarily a romantic love, though it often is. It can be familial or even platonic. The Curse... it takes all forms. I had a cousin who knocked over a lamp when he was two and hurt his mother in the fire. While burned, it wasn't too bad. She was there for the party. My uncle hunted down a group of maho-tsukai with a Kuni Witch-Hunter. He convinced the Kuni to allow the boy to live reasoning that he was a child and didn't have the guilt of his parents. The child grew up and became the maho-tsukai that murdered his family. I do want to stress that this is rare severe circumstance. But I want to be honest about the possibilities. Then, a more common example, my mother gave birth to me."

Mizuki sighs. That was a lot to get out. "And there is no way to remove or lessen the effect. Trying to stop it or avoid it tends to make it worse. The best way to deal with it seems to be accept it. This is my philosophy at least."

Yogo Mizuki

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms