Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:03 pm

She smiled again. "Hai, I have heard stories. I'm looking forward to it, especially winter. Can you describe it?" She asked, her eagerness leaking through. "The Ikoma I talked earlier painted a vivid picture of splendid beauty."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Near the back of the crowd standing outside, Otaku Chi-Pu sat atop her steed and watched over everyone. She sat in full armor and dressed for battle; her armor polished to shine brightly, her white back banner bleached to a brilliant clean, and her face a picture of beauty from the expertly applied makeup. As the Ide spoke, she listened intently, but her gaze continually moved over all those gathered.

Her steed, Tianma, stood relatively still, only her tail twitching every now and then. Her brown hair shining in the sun from sweat. Chi-Pu held Tianma's reigns lightly in one hand, resting both in her lap.

((If spoken to, please PM! I don't bite!))

Hirase, who had of course arrived precisely five minutes early, listened intently to their host as he watched the other samurai. Even as the Ide spoke of differences, he noted several of them present. This one with darker skin, this one with unsual hair color, and this one...

He blinked, once, in a rare show of surprise, and then moved toward the back of the group where a warrior sat on the largest horse he had ever seen or imagined.

"Greetings, Unicorn-san." He bowed, politely enough, but at a slightly greater distance than usual in deference to the horse and it's possible tempers. "I am Asako Hirase, a scholar of the Phoenix. I am more than glad to take our hosts words to heart and thought that perhaps this might be a perfect opportunity. You demonstrate several differences from most such gatherings and I would love to hear the reasons."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Chi-Pu watched as the man approached her, her eyes set to look directly into his. As the sun shone on and lit up his face, her gaze became a little less intense.

After he finished speaking, she did a small seated bow, the leather of her saddle creaking slightly.

Tianma simply stood there, seemingly unconcerned.

"Greetings. My name is Otaku Chi-Pu, I am what you might call a Nikutai for the Otaku Battle Maidens, also known as Shiotome, of the Unicorn. It is a pleasure to meet you."

She smiles, her teeth as bright of a white as her back banner.

"What differences are you curious about?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha stood at the edge of the crowd, clad in his grey and purple robes as he scanned the gathering. He thanked his ancestors for his height, granting him almost unobstructed of the occasion. Bubbling voices could be heard everywhere and the young ma felt a little bit lost, not entirely sure whom to approach... or if he ought to remain at the sides, observing the Rokugani and how they behaved.

_________
OOC: Big thread so, please PM me if you approach Dong-Ha
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Kon suddenly jumped out of her arms and began the glorious hunt. He had seen a rat. Or a mouse. Or a bug. Or a strange red light. Or anything really. And now he was in pursuit. Rather than listen to the rest of the speech with the intent it deserved, Yuzuki went after her cat...

...finally catching up with him right in front of Dong-Ha.

She bent down, picking him up again.

"Kon, why do you have to be such an idiot. Don't just run off."

Straightening her back, she discovered she was looking straight at Dong-Ha.

"Oh. Hello."
Last edited by Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu watched as the man approached her, her eyes set to look directly into his. As the sun shone on and lit up his face, her gaze became a little less intense.

After he finished speaking, she did a small seated bow, the leather of her saddle creaking slightly.

Tianma simply stood there, seemingly unconcerned.

"Greetings. My name is Otaku Chi-Pu, I am what you might call a Nikutai for the Otaku Battle Maidens, also known as Shiotome, of the Unicorn. It is a pleasure to meet you."

She smiles, her teeth as bright of a white as her back banner.

"What differences are you curious about?"

"My apologies." A second bow was offered. "Otaku-sama, it shall be. I am not yet quite as versed in your Clan heraldry as I should be. I am glad of the correction." Her smile was met with a small one of his own. "There are a few that have caught my attention." With a tilt of his chin, he indicated herself and then her horse. "In my own lands, a gathering like this is something of a courtly occasion and, as such, would not generally be attended by warriors in full kit save for those assigned as guards, not guests. Are you, then, here for that purpose as well as the miai, or solely for protection of the guests alone?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Yuzuki wrote:Kon suddenly jumped out of her arms and began the glorious hunt. He had seen a rat. Or a mice. Or a bug. Or a strange red light. Or anything really. And now he was in pursuit. Rather than listen to the rest of the speech with the intent it deserved, Yuzuki went after her cat...

...finally catching up with him right in front of Dong-Ha.

She bent down, picking him up again.

"Kon, why do you have to be such an idiot. Don't just run off."

Straightening her back, she discovered she was looking straight at Dong-Ha.

"Oh. Hello."

"Ummm....Good... afternoon, samurai-san." Dong-Ha looked the samurai and then at the rodent she held. "Samurai-san brought her dinner with herself?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Batul wore her elegant purple silk Furisode of sleeves that fell bellow her arms almost to the floor. There where white winds elegantly flowing from her feet up the right side of her waist, mixed with autumn golden leaves. The samurai-ko was very proud of her kimono, but she did not forget her heritage, and on top of it wore a fur hat that gave her warmth and respect for her own ways as much as to the ways of the Empire.

She waved to Dong-Ha, who she could see in the distance as she walked among the other invited people with her arms behind her back, but mostly she wanted to get to know the other samurai of the Empire... so new, so exciting.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:34 pm

A young Fairuz was present as well, listening intently to the governor's speech.. at first. Attentions wavered until settling quite firmly on staring past the crowd at the way two of those pieces of wood fit just slightly crooked on the corner. Had anyone else even noticed that? Was it worth fixing? Or maybe it was just a cosmetic issue with the way that piece was cut. ...

(OOC: Lost in his own thoughts, PM if approached)
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"My apologies." A second bow was offered. "Otaku-sama, it shall be. I am not yet quite as versed in your Clan heraldry as I should be. I am glad of the correction." Her smile was met with a small one of his own. "There are a few that have caught my attention." With a tilt of his chin, he indicated herself and then her horse. "In my own lands, a gathering like this is something of a courtly occasion and, as such, would not generally be attended by warriors in full kit save for those assigned as guards, not guests. Are you, then, here for that purpose as well as the miai, or solely for protection of the guests alone?"

Chi-Pu's brow furled in question for a moment.

"I am here for both, Asako-san. The Battle Maidens of the Unicorn are expected to be the height of martial prowess, honor, and beauty. As this is the first meeting many have had with us, I had believed it best to show all what it meant to be a Shiotome. My sisters look to me for guidance due to my station, I must provide a good example to them as well."

She pauses for a moment, considering something the man said. Tianma shakes her head as a fly continues to assault her ear.

"Do your warriors not get married?"
Last edited by Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Ummm....Good... afternoon, samurai-san." Dong-Ha looked the samurai and then at the rodent she held. "Samurai-san brought her dinner with herself?"

Kon was not a rat. Or dinner.

Oh, I like this unicorn

It thinks noble Kon is food

Are we not supposed to eat cats?

"Uhh..." she rubbed the back of Kon's head. "...this one does not eat cats."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Yuzuki wrote:
Kon was not a rat. Or dinner.

Oh, I like this unicorn

It thinks noble Kon is food

Are we not supposed to eat cats?

"Uhh..." she rubbed the back of Kon's head. "...this one does not eat cats."

"Oh..." he looked more carefully at the creature. "Magnificent beast." There was little else to say after his blunder. "Iuchi Dong-Ha." It seemed that he at least remembered his manners. "My friends call me just Dong, though."

"Do samurai commonly bring their... pets to the court?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:44 pm

With his arms crossed, a lonely Scorpion listened to the governor's words. The Yogo family mon was clearly visible on his priestly styled robes and he was also wearing a disturbing red oni mask. He was listening a bit more afar from the rest of the crowd and it seems that the people were keeping their distance from him.

[OOC]

PM if approached please!
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Oh..." he looked more carefully at the creature. "Magnificent beast." There was little else to say after his blunder. "Iuchi Dong-Ha." It seemed that he at least remembered his manners. "My friends call me just Dong, though."

"Do samurai commonly bring their... pets to the court?"

Do they not know what cats are?

Does he not know what a dong is?

Do YOU?

Well no. What is it?

I was hoping you'd know.

She gave a bow. "Yuzuki, of the Mantis. Kon goes where he wants, I'm afraid. He is a very insubordinate cat."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu;s brow furled in question for a moment.

"I am here for both, Asako-san. The Battle Maidens of the Unicorn are expected to be the height of martial prowess, honor, and beauty. As this is the first meeting many have had with us, I had believed it best to show all what it meant to be a Shiotome. My sisters look to me for guidance due to my station, I must provide a good example to them as well."

She pauses for a moment, considering something the man said. Tianma shakes her head as a fly continues to assault her ear.

"Do your warriors not get married?"

His gaze swept over her, examining her for the qualities that she hoped to display and lingering for a moment on her eyes and lips. His voice softened a little as he said, "I think you are representing your school very well, Otaku-sama."

Then, more brusquely, he continued.

"One of my cousins here is warrior trained, in fact. I simply did not wish to assume that you were here for the miai just because you were present. Since you are here for that purpose, however, I will offer my thanks that you and your warrior kin are so willing to protect everyone's' future while negotiating your own. I hope that little of your martial skill is required, though I admit a certain curiosity about how it might look. My own experience with mounted warriors was at a distance and didn't include horses, much less ones as impressive as yours."

Asako Hirase

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center