Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen! (day 8 late morning)

Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen! (day 8 late morning)

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:20 pm

"Get the ball, girl! Get the ball!" Baatar called to the puppy as he threw the ball into the grass. But the fluffy white puppy ignored the Unicorn's commands and ran on wobbly legs towards the sheep pen to bark at (what she perceived to be) fleecy monsters.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Re: Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen! (day 8 late morning)

Postby Iuchi Batul on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Passing the small one, another puppy ran towards the ball. His tongue sticking to the side as it ran, and his ears flopping up and down as it went. Several seconds later, the dog came to the samurai-ko that was reaching the other Unicorn, bringing the ball in his teeth.

"That's not ours, Dibi." She scolded him as she reached for the ball and pulled it out. "I'm sorry, Baatar-san, for interrubting your training with your bubby. Dibi and I were training our speed and hunting skills. He's been doing great for now, hobefully he will show the sbirit of the Unicorn this evening. How has it been going for you?"

/
Since we are Unicorn, I assumed that we know each other.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:47 pm

"Good morning, Iuchi-san!" Baatar said, accepting the ball from her. "Thanks for getting that, Gölöghime hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. Still, she shows some promise."

The young Moto went over to pry his puppy away from the sheep pen, though the tiny dog's jaws seemed to have a death grip on the fence post. "Oof! And she's pretty strong too!" Baatar added, as he pried Gölöghime loose with some difficulty.
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Batul on Tue May 02, 2017 1:31 am

Batul closed up to Gölöghime and scratched his fluffy head calling the attention towards her and away from the sheep, enough so that the dog lost the interest in them and turned to the samurai-ko. Little Dibi got jealous and turned its attention to her as well, running to where she stood with the white one, and placing his paw on her trying to get her towards him. "This one seems to be a little envious." She added with a smile while bringing some of her attention to her own puppy. "Sometimes a little tenderness can also bring some favor to oneself."

The samurai-ko pulled up letting the puppies play with each other. "Has Baatar-san been having fun during the Miai? Any brosbects?"
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

Iuchi Batul

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue May 02, 2017 3:12 pm

"It has been fun, I guess," Baatar replied. "More fun than I expected, really. The games and contests have been interesting."

"I did have someone I was particularly interested in," Baatar admitted. "But I don't think she likes me very much, so it probably won't work out. Now I'm just hoping to get matched with someone reasonably nice."

"What about you? How are you liking the miai?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Batul on Wed May 03, 2017 3:36 am

"I too have been having fun with the many entertaining events going on in the Miai, more so than the flirt of the samurai men." A small bark called the attention of Batul, she leaned low and gave the small dog a piece of dried meat to chew on. "All these beoble of high status, and after the erratic rumors of us Unicorn, I think that it ensures that we will have little choice in our selection and will have to marry whoever bicks us instead." This was a source of frustration for the samurai-ko, she knew she would not be able to pick herself, but this feeling of the Unicorn clan being some sort of cattle to be sorted out and handed away had her unhappy.

"I was not dedicated any boem, so I do not know who I will end with. The number of other men is suberior to the number of women of the Unicorn, so I will be bicked by someone for sure. The question now that goes around my head is, will it be worth it? Will it be more broductive for the Unicorn for me to marry this berson that I care not for or to stay behind in the clan, take the bunishment for not marrying, as was my duty, but helb the clan adabt to the Embire?"

Iuchi Batul

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am

"I honestly don't know," Baatar admitted. "It does look like we're here to stay in Rokugan; no one wants to ride back across the wastelands, not after what we've been through. I guess the Ide want to marry a bunch of us off, so that we're blood kin with the eastern samurai, and not 'those weird guys who took our land'. Those bad rumors about us aren't helping, I'm sure."

"I've been trying to learn about easterner ways, myself," he said. "It's a lot to take in, and I'm pretty sure I screwed it up a few times. But if we're gonna stay, I think we need to learn to fit in."
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 am

"Riding back is not an obtion." a shiver went through the woman, who had to shake it off with a sudden movement. "Returning through that darkness is no obtion for any of use. Had it not been for our Chambion-sama, we would had not gotten out of that for sure." The sadness of the samurai-ko wandered away by the attention of little Dibi who pushed his little head against the worried samurai-ko, bringing out a smile on her as she scratched the tip of his nose. "Now that we are back this is also the only way to continue the ways of the Unicorn, of not marrying among family ones. Before we would marry to the tribes around us, but now all we have is the samurai of Rokugan. It is also our duty to unite to the Embire and this is best way. It is time for us to show our dedication to Duty. Also is good chance to learn of how the Rokugan has changed in these years, and get some rest from our saddle after such long Ride."

Iuchi Batul

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 am

"Yes, that's right," Baatar said, nodding in agreement. "I didn't really understand when I first got here ... but the miai is important to our people. So we need to do it right, and get properly married into some of these eastern clans to ensure that the Unicorn have a place here."
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Batul on Sun May 07, 2017 2:22 am

"Let us just hobe to find decent marriage." She finalized with a gaze to the horizon.

Iuchi Batul

Return to Animal Pens