(Day 9, LM) Bariqu Unofficial (Open!)

Re: (Day 9, LM) Bariqu Unofficial (Open!)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Fei moved about quickly and fluidly. Fast enough that he could feel the side that he left exposed, seeming to hold the intent to strike there before he could block but then never did. Stepping back quickly and then starting a slow pace in a circle about him.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 10:23 pm

The Shosuro tried to move to block the incoming blow, overcompensated again, and then gave Fei a slightly harried look when the blow never came. As she moved into stalking he quickly reset his stance, too narrowly this time, and began backing up in a circle while lowering the bamboo point towards her.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon May 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Daisuke was more inclined to practice the bow over most other weapons he knew, but occasionally he felt the need to refresh what he knew, one didn't want to become rusty. Stepping into the dojo, he offered a bow of greeting to those present before moving towards the racks of weapons, trying to decide what he intended to use this morning.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 01, 2017 11:57 pm

Fei continued stalking about, testing his defenses with a few taps at the edge of his bamboo stick with her own.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 am

Sometimes he'd block it, sometimes she'd strike home with the edge of her "blade". Every time she made contact, he'd hiss at himself with exasperation. He'd used one of these before, but she'd likely seen children who were more threatening than him.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue May 02, 2017 12:26 am

Suddenly, Fei telegraphed a far more direct strike. Once again intending for him to be able to block it. Once he did, and they were locked in place she looked to him, "So, I have told you plenty of myself. I think now is a good time for you to return a bit more of the favor?" she asked with a smirk born of her confidence.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 1:33 am

"What more do you want to know?" he asked, starting to breathe more heavily from the workout.

"You have my name. What more interests you? My duties? My titles? My favorite book? What do you want to know?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 02, 2017 1:40 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj doesn't feel like formality is a rule of the game with a pelt animal going around. He eyes the lioness from the perspective of a nice present he could make for Yuki out of that one. "Hello." He says to the newcomers. "Moto Butaj. Does any of you know how to wrestle?"

Seeing at least one other in the Dojo unoccupied Daisuke makes his way over, offering a polite bow in greeting. "Good morning Moto-san, I don't believe we've met. I'm Ichiro Daisuke, of the Badger."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue May 02, 2017 2:35 am

Fei was still in her prime, that confidence tainted her words with a cockiness, "Your duties is a good place to start. I know you are Shoshuro Yawarakai, a man of the Scorpion clan, but it would be helpful to know if I was speaking with a more important man or an equal. Do you not agree?"
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 2:43 am

"It's not something I'd," he said, panting as he struggled to shove her 'naginata' to the side, "I'd thought not to just flaunt it but I am the appointed governor of the Painted City."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 02, 2017 9:05 am

"And Butaj is Moto Butaj. Butaj hasn't heard about your Clan. What is it famous for?" Butaj returns the greeting.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 02, 2017 3:05 pm

"I wouldn't say we are all that famous of a clan. Though some of our Sumai are quite well known." Most of the Unicorn didn't seem to have heard of them.

"We are a minor clan, and your neighbor to the north. Our duty is to protect the Empire from any foreign forces trying to invade through the path of woe."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Shosuro Yawarakai wrote:"It's not something I'd," he said, panting as he struggled to shove her 'naginata' to the side, "I'd thought not to just flaunt it but I am the appointed governor of the Painted City."

"The Painted City?" she asked, letting her 'Naginata' be tossed aside by his effort but quickly brought it back around to force him through that whole process once again.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm

He swore under his breath once he saw his beat had been largely ineffectual and predictably tried it again before standing back. He continued to breath heavily, but opened up the space so that he could explain.

"It's one of the larger cities within the Kawa province which does not host a shiro or other defensive installation. In addition to being beautiful in it's own right, it also is the seat of the Shosuro butei academy where my family trains many of the Empire's finest actors and performers," he explained.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm

"I have heard of the Butei," she shook her head needing to clarify that. "I have hear that your family hosts talented performers. A Matsu, Matsu Yurio, informed me of them. Though I wonder if he was mostly speaking so positively of them as a result of a suitor of mine that was present, another Scorpion," she offered honestly. When he has stepped back she didn't press the attack. Letting him take it at his own pace.

Instead, she remained ready on the defensive for when he wished to resume, "A beautiful city and you are it's governor," she repeated to call back to this information. "Well, just more proof that the Scorpion seem to have sent some of their best to welcome my Clan, my Family, back to the Empire."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo