(D9 EM) How Did a Week Go By So Fast?

(D9 EM) How Did a Week Go By So Fast?

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue was mounted atop Hikazume, leading her on a gentle walk. On the ground walking astride them was Gon, the wonder puppy. She kept her eyes open for the prolific sake man. I know Fukawa said that we weren't a good match. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I got a love confession today. Seems like the trend nowadays.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D9 EM) How Did a Week Go By So Fast?

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Before long, Liu Yue would see Tomonaga approaching at a gentle jog. He wore one of his more casual kimonos, a simple blue, that still fit his figure rather nicely. He seemed all fresh for the day, his eyes bright, and his face cheerful.

Drawing close, he bowed. "Hey, Shinjo-san! Good to see you again! It's been a while, huh?" He looked from rider, to mount, to puppy, then back to rider, his eyes curious.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:57 pm

"Hai!" Yue dismounted from her horse and was immediately met by her puppy. She gave him a full bow. "It has been awhile, Yasuki-sama." She hoped that it had been long enough that she could return to proper honorifics. "I heard you have been speaking with Iuchi Yukarin," she tossed out. It was as good a test as any to see if he adored another woman.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Tomonaga controlled his reaction fairly well, but there was the slightest pinking of his cheeks. "I have, yes." He said smoothly. "I've been finding that I really enjoy her company, in fact. She's very smart, and kind. And funny." Was he going on too much? Maybe."

"Ummm... and of course, I sang for her the other day. So..." He spread his hands, smiling. "Read into that what you will, Shinjo-san."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Ah! A song for her! That means I'm safe!

Yue's smile became bigger and bigger. "She is an excellent suitor, Yasuki-sama!" She blinked. "She can be a bit eccentric but that is not always bad." She scratched the back of her head. "Congratulations!"

The Shinjo looked to her horse. "Do you know how to mount a horse properly?" she asked, almost exclaiming so she could get past her little awkward moment.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Tomonaga grinned. "I've noticed. I kinda like it, actually."

He looked up at the impressively large steed, his eyes widening slightly. "I... think so. I've done it before, anyway. Twice, now. I just always forget how big they are until I'm here, and it's time to mount one..." He trailed off, his tone a little doubtful.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 6:59 pm

"Hai. I am not sure if I could handle it."

"Balance is key," she said, repeating herself from earlier lessons. "Do your best to be confident! Hikazume and other horses can sense your discomfort!"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 7:13 pm

"Okay." Tomonaga said, nodding. "Confident, yeah. That sounds right. Okay, here I go!"

Tomonaga was almost too confident. He approached the horse, leaping and pulling at the same time, his arms surging. He overdid it though, his motion almost carrying him over the other side. He teetered awkwardly for a moment, and then righted himself, finding a good seat. "Okay, there." he said, casting a grin down at Yue. "Not bad, eh?"

-----

Up the horse! Horse/agi: 3d10o10k2 13
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Yue blinked. "Yasuki-sama, that stunt was dangerous!" she exclaimed. She did her best not to make it sound too scolding. "If Hikazume had taken off, you would have fallen! You need to make sure that, at any point, you are not at risk of toppling down if your horse is startled."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Tomonaga flinched as if scolded. "Oh, um, ah, sorry." He said, his face reddening. His hands clenched and unclenched on the reins. He took a deep breath, calming himself. "So, ummm... sorry. What should I have done?" He asked, inclining his head to his sensei of the moment.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 7:33 pm

"Daijoubu. I am simply concerned for your safety." After all, two of her prior students had managed to fall off the horse before. "You should not jump onto the horse. You should secure yourself on the stirrup and then hoist yourself up in a smooth motion." The Shinjo paused to collect her thoughts for a moment. Even after teaching so much, she still found it odd to teach anyone horseback riding. "You want to secure your steed so that she is steady and not inclined to move."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Straightening, Tomonaga gave her a firm nod. "Right. Okay. Thank makes sense, Shinjo-san." He hesitated a moment. "Ummmm... should I come down and try it again? Maybe a little more slowly?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Yue scratched the back of her head. "The motion is similar for dismounting, Yasuki-sama." She then nodded. "Hai. It would be good practice for you."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 11:35 pm

"Okay." Tomonaga said. This time, he dismounted very slowly, following the directions exactly as she said, first securing one foot securely in the stirrup, then swinging his other leg around and down.

He paused a moment, giving her a quick nod. This time, when he repeats the steps, he moves more smoothly, getting his foot locked in, and pulling himself up in a single motion. It isn't exactly graceful, but it comes close.

-----

Up the horse#2! Horse/agi: 3d10o10k2 15
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 02, 2017 5:01 pm

"That is better, Yasuki-sama," she said with a bright smile. "I am surprised you were not taught proper riding technique for the events," she commented, scratching the back of her head. It would have been bad if someone got injured due to negligence. And yet, I suppose there were the weasels. And it is seen as the injured's fault, I suppose.

She snapped back and looked back to him. "Do you know how to get her to walk?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to Horsemanship Field