The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:51 pm

He smiled just a bit, laughing genuinely at her statement and nodding at the offer of tea. "It is quite the gathering indeed," he nodded as she spoke. "The blessings of Lady Shinjo were very kind to bring such an eclectic gathering of Samurai, no?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Kakita Nanami wrote:She sighed, closing her eyes; perhaps this wouldn't be the hardship she had imagined...

"Are you all right, lady?" a male voice asked near Nanami, sounding concerned. "Had too much to drink already?"

Baatar had been told that the eastern girls were delicate but he still found himself surprised that one of them could be about to pass out so early in the evening.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:He smiled just a bit, laughing genuinely at her statement and nodding at the offer of tea. "It is quite the gathering indeed," he nodded as she spoke. "The blessings of Lady Shinjo were very kind to bring such an eclectic gathering of Samurai, no?"

"Hai, but then.... Shinjo's blessing protected us through the centuries..." She offered a cup to him, green and steaming hot. She looked up at the ceiling, not quite surprised anymore. "How are you feeling Shinjo-san?" His wound wasn't exactly a secret, and the food might not have helped. Perhaps he'll need something else besides tea.

Her smile widened again. "How do you find our home so far? It's... magnificent. Especially after the Sands, neh?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Looking up from her focus on the chopsticks at the shorter, younger woman with the oddly cut hair she initially raised a right brow. Then, she followed the direction, resuming her focus on the task she had set before her by watching how the young woman worked the chopsticks. Following the demonstration Liu Fei seemed to be getting it for a good two seconds before one of the sticks went flying out of her hand and rolling nearly to the edge of the table but luckily it stopped just before it fell to the ground.

Glaring at the escaped chopstick for a moment before looking back to the young woman, her expression softening from the cold glare for the source of her current annoyance.

"Tricky," she repeated. "That would be a way to describe it, I would suppose," her Rokugani was stiff. Remembering herself she bowed to the woman, "Thank you.." she paused, glancing to the woman's Mon again, staring at it for a good few seconds. Then, she hatched a plan.

"I am Shinjo Liu Fei. It is a pleasure to meet you," she offered in that usual, just a formality, type manner.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Ide Samai wrote:
Shinjo Akil wrote:He smiled just a bit, laughing genuinely at her statement and nodding at the offer of tea. "It is quite the gathering indeed," he nodded as she spoke. "The blessings of Lady Shinjo were very kind to bring such an eclectic gathering of Samurai, no?"

"Hai, but then.... Shinjo's blessing protected us through the centuries..." She offered a cup to him, green and steaming hot. She looked up at the ceiling, not quite surprised anymore. "How are you feeling Shinjo-san?" His wound wasn't exactly a secret, and the food might not have helped. Perhaps he'll need something else besides tea.

Her smile widened again. "How do you find our home so far? It's... magnificent. Especially after the Sands, neh?"

Akil took the tea appreciatively, "The food does not entirely agree with me, it seems. I should be fine when I have had time to rest," a long sip of the tea, and a breath.

"It is beautiful. The plains agree with Setem's hooves much better than the sands. It is truly a shame he will not be able to see a battle in these lands."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 pm

"I am Yuzuki, of the Mantis Clan."

She gave a bow in return, and looked down at the escaped chopstick. "Your people did not take the custom of chopsticks with you on your journey?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Busted!

Bouncing back from the table, the Otaku stops abruptly at the calling of her name. She manages to chew a bit more and swallows the exquisite piece of -something- she was repeating for the third time. With a smile that Benten's surely blessed –– since it miraculously has no vegetables stuck to it –– the Unicorn maiden replies back in a low, but joyful tone, followed by a bow, "Shitsurei, neh! This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome."

Yuki returned the bow, going lower as expected. "This one is Asako Yuki." She paused, looking at the tables of food. "I admit, I had heard of some of these dishes before. Shawarma, and pilaf for example," her ease of the language and familiarity with the food showed she had at least a basic understanding of the culture the Unicorn had spent so many centuries with, "but I'd never gotten to try them before." She looked back to the Otaku. "Was it the same for you?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Well after many at the dinner party have had their fill, one Fox continues her meal, though she slows to nibbling and sampling, as conversation starts back up in earnest.

((PM if approached.))
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Batul moved slightly back as she finished the last of her meal, trying to avoid the aromas from calling back to eat. She knew that if she ate more, she could end up with a stomach ache with such a great mixture. Instead the Unicorn helped herself to some more sake and some sweets, some sort of fried dough that she had not had before. She was delighted with the flavor of the simple mixture of sugar, flour and egg.

As she looked around, holding the sata andagi in her right hand, gently, she looked about with her big eyes, a gentle smile flowing from her lips.
Last edited by Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Hai, but then.... Shinjo's blessing protected us through the centuries..." She offered a cup to him, green and steaming hot. She looked up at the ceiling, not quite surprised anymore. "How are you feeling Shinjo-san?" His wound wasn't exactly a secret, and the food might not have helped. Perhaps he'll need something else besides tea.

Akil took the tea appreciatively, "The food does not entirely agree with me, it seems. I should be fine when I have had time to rest," a long sip of the tea, and a breath.

"It is beautiful. The plains agree with Setem's hooves much better than the sands. It is truly a shame he will not be able to see a battle in these lands."[/quote]

"Well, I will must say i'm not going to be too broken up over that." She smiled, and opened her fan, trying to hide behind it. "I would appreciate at least a few decades of peace and prosperity."

"Setem's liking the new home then? The grass is greener as the sands at least." She took a sip of her own tea. "How are you faring with the roofs over your head,"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"I am Yuzuki, of the Mantis Clan."

She gave a bow in return, and looked down at the escaped chopstick. "Your people did not take the custom of chopsticks with you on your journey?"

"I have not eaten with them ever. Maybe some of the others kept up that little tradition, but it was not one for myself. We eat.. differently," she said, not really feeling like that described it all but given their current situation the answer seemed like it was all around them. Making it feel awkward to describe.

Leaning over, Liu Fei stretched for the chopstick, retrieving it and placing them both together in the palm of her left hand as she settled with that for a moment and looked back to the woman. "Yuzuki of the Mantis Clan," she repeated looking at the woman, committing that to memory. Glancing down to the Mon to make sure that connected as well.

"Would you mind showing me how you use those again?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Ide Samai wrote:"Well, I will must say i'm not going to be too broken up over that." She smiled, and opened her fan, trying to hide behind it. "I would appreciate at least a few decades of peace and prosperity."

"Setem's liking the new home then? The grass is greener as the sands at least." She took a sip of her own tea. "How are you faring with the roofs over your head,"

"I do not necessarily disagree with that," he nodded, "it is just odd to have the matter no longer be my decision."

He nodded. "Setem has taken to the plains well. Though he needs to be groomed, and is abjectly refusing to the matter. Stubborn, he is," he laughed a bit at the notion, "It is nice to have a home that I do not have to pack up in the morning. Though I will miss traveling if we stay here too long, I think."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Having engaged in conversation, Tomonaga now engaged in food and drink. At the same time. And in quantity.

Or perhaps, rather than quantity, variety. A little bit of many different foods, Unicorn and traditional Rokugani, sat in front of him. As well, each of the three alcoholic beverages. He tries some of one, then some of the food, again and again, in different combinations.

(pm if approached. And please, approach!)
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:
"I have not eaten with them ever. Maybe some of the others kept up that little tradition, but it was not one for myself. We eat.. differently," she said, not really feeling like that described it all but given their current situation the answer seemed like it was all around them. Making it feel awkward to describe.

Leaning over, Liu Fei stretched for the chopstick, retrieving it and placing them both together in the palm of her left hand as she settled with that for a moment and looked back to the woman. "Yuzuki of the Mantis Clan," she repeated looking at the woman, committing that to memory. Glancing down to the Mon to make sure that connected as well.

"Would you mind showing me how you use those again?"

"Of course," she said, and slowly demonstrated by picking up a piece of sashimi, before placing it into her mouth.

The cut is acceptable. Freshness is lacking, sadly.

"It'd have been better if this was caught today. But unfortunately we are far from the ocean here, so that would be rather difficult. Do the Unicorn still eat fish?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Having engaged in conversation, Tomonaga now engaged in food and drink. At the same time. And in quantity.

Or perhaps, rather than quantity, variety. A little bit of many different foods, Unicorn and traditional Rokugani, sat in front of him. As well, each of the three alcoholic beverages. He tries some of one, then some of the food, again and again, in different combinations.

(pm if approached. And please, approach!)

Sufficiently drunk, and thinking he should be socializing, Hiroji approaches Tomonoga.

"Good evening Tomonoga-sama. How are you enjoying the food? It is... Quite different, is it not?"
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center