Revealing Winds (D9, LA, Expecting)

Re: Revealing Winds (D9, LA, Expecting)

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Once he finishes arranging things, he glances over a final time before producing a pair of chopsticks from his obi. He very placed them between his fingers and then gestured to the food between them.

"If you please," he offered, his lips still warm and inviting.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 5:43 pm

She almost swallows dry, not having chopsticks to produce. With a small halt with her hand, Kitakuhime walks toward Gekko, takes a strapped water bottle, and pours over her hands to cleanse them. The girl returns fetching a handkerchief from inside her kimono, and folds her legs again, to sit in front of the masked man.

With a clap, she asks for blessings. "Itadakimasu!"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Yawarakai looks confused for a moment, but once she begins cleaning her hands he makes an audible sound of understanding and smiled once again. As she sat back down and clapped, he joined her intonation. Once that was done, he blinked once and met her gaze. He scooted in slightly and leaned forward. In a conspiratorial tone, his grin grew slyly.

"Do you like games Otaku-sama? Would you like to play one?" he asked softly.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 6:05 pm

"Eto..." She blinks, and stops with some fish held by her fingers nearly ready to be savored. She puts the food back ponders for an odd while.

"I have not gained a single point in this competition." She sighs. "I am terrible at games. But if it would please Shosuro-san, I would like to know more about it."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 6:12 pm

"Well, I was going to propose a game to learn a little bit about each other and I can see you'd be good at this game because you're already playing well. I'm not sure what you like so if you want to play all you have to do is point..." he said, glancing back down at the containers. Once he picked out what he thought was the piece he thought she had selected, he lowered the chopsticks and pincered it. Held snugly between the tips, he lifted it up and across until it hovered in the air before Kitakuhime.

"Like this, neh?" he said softly, conspiracy melting into assurance. He lifted one eyebrow slightly while he watched with interest at her reaction to his offering.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 6:42 pm

She tilts her head at him for a while, trying to read his expression. She definitely gets a bit lost over his handsome features until her eyes stop at the line of the mask. The girl replies, gently, "Shosuro-san has to point out what he likes, too. Is the treat given out of kindness, or it must be deserved?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 6:51 pm

"I know I enjoy much of this, and those things that I am not familiar with won't kill me. More over, I'm certainly willing to try the ones I don't know as well. The meat was... it was interesting. I could certainly develop a taste for it. And the cheese? It has an odd texture, I'll grant you that, but I'm sure I'll like it too. But what I certainly will do is point out that the fish was seasoned and spiced with the personal ones I brought from home. Scorpion cuisine is special within the Empire, and so a part of this is me offering you a taste of my life.... quite literally I suppose," he explained encouragingly.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 7:51 pm

She opens a smirk with the left corner of her lips. "I am Unicorn, and always willing to understand others. As much I ask others to understand me."

Kitakuhime leans even further, closing her eyes as she feels the chilly breeze caressing her cheeks. The wind blows away some of the kimono over her shoulder, managing to gently push her chin backwards. Her lips pop slightly open, gradually growing glittery with the though of flavor she was about to taste.

It would have looked as she planned to melt a cold heart into a fiery explosion, but it was just an innocent reaction to the spices Benten made sure to accentuate while trying to please Ningen-do.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Yawarakai leaned a little bit further to slip the morsel past the threshold of her mouth and released the pressure from his fingers so that it deposited on her tongue with a slight tap. He hummed happily, waiting to see her reaction, and then quickly nipped the chopsticks back to the dishes and picked up one of the same for himself and quickly popped it through the side of his mouth. The motion looked a little awkward, but he executed it with accustomed practice.

"Good, neh? Now Otaku-sama.... what next?" he asked with a smile once he had chewed and swallowed his bite.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 8:33 am

Kitakuhime smiles as her mouth closes to savor the delicacy. She holds there without chewing, allowing herself to explore the texture and initial flavors the treat offers. After a single, yet firm bite, the Otaku resumes her spicy discovery, licking her upper lip smoothly while pressing both lips gently inside, so no taste is left out.

After a few heartbeats, Kitakuhime reopens her joyful eyes and leans back, rising a hand up her lips to divert attention she's chewing until satisfied enough. Her eyes follow the Shosuro's deft movements, gaining peculiar insights of the boy in front of her. She swallows, and hovers a finger over the plate until she finds her item of intent.

"Un."

Kitakuhime replies to his question with a simple agreement and goes for the second round: gently touching the red meat with her index. The young battle maiden licks it shortly after and gently smiles to Yawarakai, once again with her eyes closed. Her shoulders rise a bit, in an apologetic expression due boldness.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 11:08 am

This time, Yawarakai slips his hand into his obi once more and withdraws a small knife. Not steel meant for combat, but certainly good enough for grooming, shaving, and cutting the odd thing. He lifted her next choice of meat and moved it off to the side and, with less practice, tried to cut it in two so it would be bite sized. He struggled with the less familiar motion, but sighed happily once he'd succeeded. The first he lifted to Kitakuhime with the same encouraging smile and, once the first had been taken, the second he slipped in his mouth. He carefully chewed it, still needing more effort to eat the cuisine he was less familiar with, but he did not seem to have much hesitation about its consumption or any bolt betraying potential 'adverse' effects others had learned they must endure.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 6:24 pm

Kitakuhime leans forward to accept the red-blooded meat; this time with her eyes open. Even if timidly halved in size, it is a mouthful she takes time savoring. Joined fingers in front of her manage to cover much of the chewing. For a moment, Kitakuhime reminds herself of Khulun's dry meat stache, but holds the laugh and the story for another time, not to be impolite. The girl swallows, and reopens a satisfied thin smile to the Scorpion, waiting for further instructions.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 6:34 pm

"If I may?" he asked with a sly grin. He bent down and gathered a pinch of rice with the chopsticks. He then placed this in the tray with the fish and pressed it against the side then rotated it. Pressed it, and rotated it, until it formed something like a roundish ball. He hummed playfully, making a small show of picking through the selections of fish until he came upon a delightful pale pink strip of salmon and lay it across the mini-mound. Taking his creation again up, he lifted it with a faint tremble across the spread towards Kitakuhime for her inspection and approval.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue May 02, 2017 7:04 pm

There's another nod, incentiving Yawarakai to proceed. Again, Kitakuhime pays attention to the selection of meat, fish and for some reason the vegetable, too. She had forgotten about the rice, until the Shosuro started to use it as the base for the next treat.

"Eto. Sake nigiri, neh?" The princess asks, tilting her head while analyzing the artistic piece of food that would soon be devoured. She lifts her right hand up and snaps her own fingers like a chopstick, showing Yawarakai she would fetch the item herself if he allowed.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Tue May 02, 2017 7:16 pm

"Hai, dozo," he said with a smile and a nod. He delivered his meager creation then flexed his fingers. The chopsticks slipped from their perched position into the palm of his hand and he spun them over to offer the wide ends to her for her use.
Shosuro Yawarakai

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields