The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:17 pm

"Hai, this whole miai looks to be quite the adventure, doesn't it?" She smiled at the Unicorn and tucked a lock of hair behind one ear, then wiped her damp brow with the back of her hand absently.
"I enjoy travelling, and the trip to get here was a nice one, safe and pleasant yes. But I am glad to be here, and look forward to this next stage of my life with excitement."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:17 pm

"Konbanwa Kazue-san," she offered, returning the smile in kind. "I am Suki of the Temple of Benten in Mamoru Kyotei Toshi. Nice to meet you." Looking out over the assembled samurai, and the exotic meal that sat before them, Suki maintained her smile. "There are certainly many new experiences to be found here. I suspect many of them will be fun indeed."

"How were your travels? You've come a long way from Kyuden Seppun." They had both traveled far, of course. But Suki seemed content to allow Kazue to talk about her new experiences.
Monk * Blessed by Benten * Sensation * Pacifist * Magpie? * Probably Barefoot
Honor: What is Expected Glory: 0.0 Status: 1.0

Carries: Satchel with scrolls on the Tao

Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
Suki

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Hiroji sits in his seat quietly. He eyes the foods around him slightly suspiciously, but eventually picks a few select items from here and there, and a drink or two. He eats, and tries not to show the slightly queasy feeling resting in his lower stomach.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:22 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:"Hai, this whole miai looks to be quite the adventure, doesn't it?" She smiled at the Unicorn and tucked a lock of hair behind one ear, then wiped her damp brow with the back of her hand absently.
"I enjoy travelling, and the trip to get here was a nice one, safe and pleasant yes. But I am glad to be here, and look forward to this next stage of my life with excitement."

"So you're looking forward to the prospect of marriage as well? It's certainly going to be something new for everyone here. New in a way that neither the Unicorn or the rest of the Empire is really all that versed in," he says with a nod. "So many different marriages between two very different worlds. But if there is one thing that the Unicorn have learned over the centuries it's how to make our home someplace unfamiliar. It won't be long before we're all fitting in together I think."

There's no Rabbit clan I don't think. Was it Bunny?
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"So you're looking forward to the prospect of marriage as well? It's certainly going to be something new for everyone here. New in a way that neither the Unicorn or the rest of the Empire is really all that versed in," he says with a nod. "So many different marriages between two very different worlds. But if there is one thing that the Unicorn have learned over the centuries it's how to make our home someplace unfamiliar. It won't be long before we're all fitting in together I think."

There's no Rabbit clan I don't think. Was it Bunny?

"Hai, the Hare clan is young, and we are small, but we are not meek. I will jump into the next stage of life with enthusiasm. I am glad to hear that you make your home in the unfamiliar, I too enjoy a challenge, Shinjo-san."
Her stomach rolled at that, however, and Tsukimi winced and let out a light groan and clutched at her stomach. Her nose wrinkled. It passed.
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:34 pm

"You should drink plenty of water," he suggests with a concerned smile. "I've had stomach illnesses from disagreeable food. You will need plenty to replace what you will lose later."

Not even really questioning it, he pours a cup of water from a pitcher and ushers it into her hands.

"And it's not just about challenge for me. It's about opportunity. The chance to meet someone new, taste something different, or even see something strange. The unknown becoming known is a treat each time it happens."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Samai sat at one of the tables, nursing a cup of tea in her hand. It was still seeming, black as the sky during their journeys. The scent was tantalizing, though not as strong and sharp as her beloved coffee. Still, time for some new old tastes. Her eyes swept through the crowd.

(OOC: PM plz :))
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:39 pm

"Later? ....Oh no." She relinquishes the cup for sake for that of water, and has a deep drink, her brow crumpling before she regains her On and looks back at the Shinjo.

"I enjoy meeting new people, trying new things, seeking out new situations and new places. I am something of a fledgeling cartographer, it comes with the territory, mapping out new nooks and crannies in the wilderness, looking for places no one has been before. It's so exciting. Broadening ones horizons is thrilling, don't you think?"

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:By the Great Desert, how have I lived before without all this food. It feels like Yomi... although I don't remember being there. But it certainly feels like it.

Nom, nom, nom. Kitakuhime eats. With pleasure. She also maintains her On, since she moves from table to table, and almost no one notices she's eating like sea dragon would. Sushi, sashimi, tuna, toro, teppan-yaki, shabu-shabu vegetables, shabu-shabu meat, shabu-shabu something else. Gyoza, more vegetables. So much rice. Soba. Ramen. More seafood!

Almost no one, except for the woman of nearly equal height that was also stuffing her plate with pilaf, hummus, nuts and roots she didn't even know the words for, shawarma, baklava, chai. Gouda, chedder, provolone, so much cheese, so many variations. Almost running into the Otaku, the Asako paused for a moment and glanced at both of their piles of food. "Ah, gomen Otaku-sama."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm

With her conversation with the Empire based Clan socialites at an end, Liu Fei was sat alone at a table. Attempting at the more Rokugani based portions of food before her. Struggling still with the application of the chopsticks, determined to make use of them and not completely make herself look like a boor in front of their many many guests. Still, it was getting to the point of becoming a nigh impossible task for the young woman.

(PM on approach, just to be safe, don't wanna miss it accidentally!)
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Ide Samai wrote:Samai sat at one of the tables, nursing a cup of tea in her hand. It was still seeming, black as the sky during their journeys. The scent was tantalizing, though not as strong and sharp as her beloved coffee. Still, time for some new old tastes. Her eyes swept through the crowd.

(OOC: PM plz :))

Ah, fortunate enough that Akil was sitting near Samai at this particular interval. He leaned a bit closer to her, just enough that he could offer a conspiratorial whisper. "I don't know how I feel about this... sushi, Ide-sama. It seems... dangerous."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:With her conversation with the Empire based Clan socialites at an end, Liu Fei was sat alone at a table. Attempting at the more Rokugani based portions of food before her. Struggling still with the application of the chopsticks, determined to make use of them and not completely make herself look like a boor in front of their many many guests. Still, it was getting to the point of becoming a nigh impossible task for the young woman.

(PM on approach, just to be safe, don't wanna miss it accidentally!)

"You're doing it wrong," the Mantis said as she neared.

She was desperate to talk to some different unicorn than the ones she'd managed to accidentally upset earlier. And desperate to avoid having to look at more strange foods too.

"Here, hold them like this."

She demonstrated the proper use of chopsticks.

"It can be a little tricky."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:"Later? ....Oh no." She relinquishes the cup for sake for that of water, and has a deep drink, her brow crumpling before she regains her On and looks back at the Shinjo.

"I enjoy meeting new people, trying new things, seeking out new situations and new places. I am something of a fledgeling cartographer, it comes with the territory, mapping out new nooks and crannies in the wilderness, looking for places no one has been before. It's so exciting. Broadening ones horizons is thrilling, don't you think?"

"Definitely!" he says with a happy smile. "I'm not a cartographer, but I just recently finished my basic training and I elected to focus on tracking and trailblazing for those reasons. I don't know if I can wrap my head around just how large the empire is right now but I would love the opportunity to see as much of it as possible. Especially those parts that even those that have been their all their lives that haven't seen."

He occasionally glances at her cup just to make sure he refills it when it's empty. She may end up having to excuse herself but he knew the danger and discomfort of dehydration would far outweigh a loss of conversation time with himself.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Samai's polite smile widened into a genuine one, as she leaned back. "Shinjo-san, I know a warrior of your courage will slay any.... monster." She looked at him, her eyes showing concern. "Perhaps some tea might help? I'm finding it quite soothing in some cases."

"Quite the honorable gathering we have here, thank Shinjo's benevolence." She said it a bit louder, hoping to ease any tensions.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Almost no one, except for the woman of nearly equal height that was also stuffing her plate with pilaf, hummus, nuts and roots she didn't even know the words for, shawarma, baklava, chai. Gouda, chedder, provolone, so much cheese, so many variations. Almost running into the Otaku, the Asako paused for a moment and glanced at both of their piles of food. "Ah, gomen Otaku-sama."

Busted!

Bouncing back from the table, the Otaku stops abruptly at the calling of her name. She manages to chew a bit more and swallows the exquisite piece of -something- she was repeating for the third time. With a smile that Benten's surely blessed –– since it miraculously has no vegetables stuck to it –– the Unicorn maiden replies back in a low, but joyful tone, followed by a bow, "Shitsurei, neh! This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center