[D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Re: [D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Tomonaga winced. "Oof. You drive a hard bargain, Samai-chan. I hope that I don't end up having to negotiate against you for trading with the Unicorn. I'd much rather have you on my side."

He stroked his lips thoughtfully. "In fact, come to think of it, I haven't even met any Otaku. I have a guess as to how they'd react to getting unexpectedly kissed." He arched his eyebrows at Samai. "Looking to get me punched twice, huh? Good thing you'll be there to patch me up, it sounds like you'll have your work cut out for you." His look went teasingly doubtful. "In fact... are you even a medic?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 2:48 pm

(ooc: Sorry for delay!)

Samai giggled once again, nit as demurely as she should. "Maybe I just want to spend time by your side. Closely." She blushed fiercely. "I do have training in medicine, thank you. Still, perhaps we can do something different. Maybe.... another story?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Even after everything that had happened, Tomonaga was as charmed as ever by her blush. "Well, in that case, maybe I should go find a Moto and an Otaku right now." He said, his brown eyes sparkling with humor.

"A story?" Tomonaga's eyebrows went up. "Of course, Samai-chan. Hmmm..." He gave her a crooked smile. "I had two days to plan the last one. You'd better give me a hint this time. What sort of story would you like to hear?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 pm

She giggled. "Well... perhaps I'd like a story about the Yasuki? Is there a... more specific one about your family leaving the Crane? Or any that your elders like to tell you about?"

She removed her fan from her face. "And besides, if you are ever in need, I am happy to provide any aid I can."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 3:54 pm

"Hmmm..." Tomonaga tapped his lips thoughtfully with one finger. "That's an interesting question. Okay, I think I've got something." He leaned in closer to Samai, his expression growing more animated as he prepared for the task. "Now, the Yasuki stories are a bit different. I mean, we're not really warriors, we're traders. So our stories tend to have a bit of a different emphasis.

And so, Tomonaga told the tale of Yasuki Daisuke, a lowly Yasuki merchant who traveled to Winter Court with a contingent of Crab. As they traveled, he was looked down upon, but once they arrived, he proved invaluable to the success of the whole venture. The Crab found many rivals there, but Daisuke managed to use the different tricks he learned selling cabbages to set their rivals against each other, instead. In the end, the Crab were the most honored of the court, as the rivals embarrassed each other, and also left owning a great deal of cabbage.

The story wasa bit of a silly one, with many jokes, and Dasuke's merchant abilities being used in ridiculous ways. Tomonaga told it well, especially the jokes. Finally done, he grinned at her, his hands resting on his knees. "Well, there you go! What do you think, eh?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Samai giggled. "I liked the part where he dressed the cabbage up as Seppun Kobo." She giggled once more, then settled. "It was a silly story, but... it's something I can sympathize with. I'm not a merchant exactly, but I know the feeling when your skills are disregarded because they do not involve putting steel into a foreign body."

She let out a sigh. "It is good to be appreciated." She glanced down at the bottle. "And such artistry should be appreciated."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 6:30 pm

"That is a good part." Tomonaga laughed along with her. "Just another part of the merchant skillset, I guess."

At her next words, he gave a sigh. "Yeah, I certainly know what you mean, there. I... don't know if the Crab are worse about it than other clans, but..." He sighed again. "It's kinda hard when the warriors of your clan are told that they have a sacred duty, and they're sacrificing for the rest of the Empire... and you get them stuff." He grimaced.

He looked over at Samai with a smile, then down, following her eyes. He lifted his aloft, giving her a charming smile. "To being appreciated." He said, waiting for her before drinking his cup's contents.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue May 02, 2017 2:51 am

"Yet that stuff is so important for daily life... even if it's not full of glory." She raised her own cup in appreciation as well. "At least we appreciate each other, neh?"
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Tomonaga grinned. "We certainly do, Samai-chan." As he said it, though, Tomonaga felt a small twinge of something. Guilt? Frowning, he pushed the thought aside.

"Well. I hope I've been able to lift your spirits." He said, giving her a smile. "You deserve to be happy, Samai-chan. If there's anything that I can help you with, anytime, don't hesitate to ask me, eh?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue May 02, 2017 2:08 pm

Samai smiled in high spirits.

"I did... though I don't deserve a such. My Duty is to my Lord, and my happiness is just a side order to that." She was content as she said that, no ire or bitterness there.

"If you'd like to help me... be happy. Our Duty awaits us, and I would feel Regret knowing that my presence could lead to bitterness in your life."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 2:41 pm

"Well..." Tomonaga waved a hand. "That's certainly true. Perhaps I'm just lucky, then, in that I've never had to choose between the two."

As she continued to speak, Tomonaga's expression became solemn, his eyes thoughtful. At the end, he smiled. "I would not want you to feel Regret any more than I would wish to feel it myself." He gave her a small nod. "So let us do our Duty without regret, without bitterness." His smile grew just a touch. "Although I think it is acceptable to hope for happiness as well, for both of us."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue May 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Smile samaid. Eh... Samai smiled.

"Hope is all well and good Tomo-kun. It would be for the best, and it would be a wonderful situation... but we will see what happens for the future." She took a long sip. "You know... sometimes I wonder if sake is something you do because it is expected... but you do enjoy working with it, and people, neh?"
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Tomonaga grinned. It wasn't just Samai's beauty that had attracted him. "I've wondered the same thing myself, sometimes." Tomonaga said. "I mean, I like sake. But do I like it so much that I'd be drawn to it if I wasn't born into a sake family? I don't know."

He shifted, relaxing as he spoke. "But there's a reason that I've carved out this position for myself, and it's not just to have something to do. You're right; I do enjoy it. There's something about a deal done well, satisfying both parties, that really appeals to me. Matching someone up with something they want. I don't know. I just feel like it suits me, somehow."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue May 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Samai listened with a smile, and tilted her head, a pleasant expression in her eyes. There was something good in hearing him talk.

"Hai, that is good to hear. You seem to care a great deal of others." She extended her hand to touch his arm with the tip of her fingers. "That is one of your best attributes. If you will listen to me... nurture it. You will make a wonderful merchant one day. And probably a rich one."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 02, 2017 3:32 pm

That brought a grin to Tomonaga's lips. "Well, I certainly hope so." He took a breath at the touch of her hand on his arm. "Thank you, Samai-chan."

His hand came up to touch those same fingers, not actually taking her hand, but just letting the pads of their fingers rub together. "And let me turn that around on you." He said, his eyes warm as he looked at her. "From the first I met you, you impressed me with your wit, and your wisdom. But of all your virtues, I think it is your kindness that impresses me the most." His lips part again, as though he is about to say more, but he falls silent.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts