The Colors of the Unicorn (D9 - EE)

The Colors of the Unicorn (D9 - EE)

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Takeo arrived for his meeting with the Ide. He had requested a tour of the village, hoping that she could introduce him to some of the things he may not have observed about the Unicorn yet. One could learn much about others from village life, after all.

Samai had been kind enough to oblige him. It would also serve as an opportune time to meet another of the Unicorn families and see how the Ide felt about his proposal.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Re: The Colors of the Unicorn (D9 - EE)

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 3:58 pm

His tour guide arrived, on her second occasion on the streets. She was dressed in purple, scent of roses flying about. She was armed with a fan and a smile, and she hastened her steps on the way to him.

"Kitsune-sama, greetings. I hope you haven't been waiting for long."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Takeo bowed in return.

"Ide-san, I am glad you could meet with me. I have been waiting only a short while and have used the opportunity to begin admiring the village. An appetizer to what is to come, if you will," he said, pleasantly.

"I am, as you may have surmised, Kitsune Takeo."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Samai smiled. There was one (1) male Fox at the miai, so her job wasn't that difficult. "I am glad to be able to do my job properly Kitsune-sama." She waved her fan slightly. "I hope you like what you see so far. Have you been enjoying yourself at t he miai so far?"
Ide Samai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 pm

"I have enjoyed myself immensely thus far, Ide-san, though I expect my sensei would recommend that I spent less time enjoying and more time performing, given how my showings at the events have been," he said with a slight chuckle.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Samai smiled happily. "That is good to hear Kitsune-sama... and there is still some time to do your Sensei proud. Who knows, perhaps you will wow us all tonight?" She asked with a pleasant voice as she stopped next to him. "Shall we get started then?"
Ide Samai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 01, 2017 4:40 pm

"I would be honored," he said, bowing as he allowed Samai to lead the way.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 4:57 pm

"Let us start this way." She gestured toward one of the smaller streets. "You might notice that the architecture is of distinctly Lion bent... we have been working, but of course there is no reason to pull apart and rebuild again. We are grateful for what we have received from them as stewards of this land."

She took a small step to be slightly ahead of him. "This way leads to the administrative center. You might also notice a few shrines dedicated to Fortunes along the way, as a way to show our respect for them."
Ide Samai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Takeo nodded in appreciation as he was shown along.

"I see that the Unicorn are integrating both our traditions and their own as they assume ownership of the land that was once theirs," he replied, walking in step with the Ide.

"Would that my own ancestors could have maintained their stewardship for you, instead of turning it over to the Lion - it may have made for a more seamless welcome home," he replied, somewhat wistfully.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Samai nodded. "We try our best to respect the changes that happened here in the past, while also bringing our own flavour." They were walking slowly, not running anywhere. "The artwork found here of the Fortunes is something I specially enjoy... we have had our own interpretations, and it is good to compare them."

She held a breath, for a short while. "Perhaps... can I ask what led to the change in stewardship?"
Ide Samai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 01, 2017 6:16 pm

"Natural attrition mostly, and perhaps greed in a sense of the word. Or a failure of duty perhaps, depending on whom you ask," he began.

"Those that stayed behind for Lady Shinjo were relatively few on number and in charge of a relatively large amount of land. We weren't able to police it adequately and so banditry set in. We appealed to the Emperor and he assigned the Lion to the task. This worked well for a short while, with my ancestors serving beside the Lion in a common goal for a time. This worked until the Lion decided that they should hold the lands they protected and forced us out."

He did his best to explain it in a scholarly manner, detached from emotion. There was shame in that failing, but he was so far removed from it, it was hard to appreciate fully, especially since the Emperor's edict had validated his clan's new territory.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ide Samai on Tue May 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:"Natural attrition mostly, and perhaps greed in a sense of the word. Or a failure of duty perhaps, depending on whom you ask," he began.

"Those that stayed behind for Lady Shinjo were relatively few on number and in charge of a relatively large amount of land. We weren't able to police it adequately and so banditry set in. We appealed to the Emperor and he assigned the Lion to the task. This worked well for a short while, with my ancestors serving beside the Lion in a common goal for a time. This worked until the Lion decided that they should hold the lands they protected and forced us out."

He did his best to explain it in a scholarly manner, detached from emotion. There was shame in that failing, but he was so far removed from it, it was hard to appreciate fully, especially since the Emperor's edict had validated his clan's new territory.

Samai listened with a neutral expression, her fan open and lowered for now. "Hai, arigatou for the history Kitsune-san." Diplomatic horsecake engage. "We all strive to the perfect heights of bushido, though we all fail in one way or other."

She indicated to one shop to the side. "Our smiths are exceedingly happy to have an actual workshop, that's in one place. Don't ask me how we got metalworking while on the move. I just assumed they prayed to a Fortune and got everything in exchange." She smiled with forced humor.
Ide Samai

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 4:58 pm

"Shinjo-no-kami continued to provide I expect - she was always determined that her people should be well equipped in all areas of their duty," he replied smiling at the joke.

"Your people seem to be reintegrating to the Empire well," he said, gently easing into what might be a tense issue, "A few hiccups along the way, but something that is to be expected after you have been gone for so long. I expect many of your traditions may be more pure than our own - rooted in a memory of the Empire that some of us have long forgotten, but in so many ways may be closer to those of our ancestors."

Kitsune Takeo

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village