Curious Mixes (D9 EA, expecting)

Curious Mixes (D9 EA, expecting)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Rumors were already starting to fly about the Iuchi event. Tomonaga wasn't sure that he would be taking part in it. However, even if he wasn't going to, it did remind him that he hadn't tried any experimenting with his brewing lately.

He could have done all of this in his yurt, but getting out and about seemed like a better idea. And so he sat on a rock next to a tree, a variety of ingredients next to him, some food items, some herbs and. He studied them, feeling them with his fingers, occasionally tasting them.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Re: Curious Mixes (D9 EA, expecting)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Kitakuhime needed to prepare a nice area for an important meeting today. So, she dutifully scanned the place before selecting where to set up. Galloping through one of the roads atop Gekko, the girl notices a figure on top of a rock.

In a halt, she turns her horse around to investigate further: there was some shade under the tree, and whomever was there probably chose a very nice spot for a picnic to be held later on.

She slows down on her arrival, and rears Gekko to announce themselves with a neigh. Soon, Kitakuhime dismounts and bows –– the horse follows her in the greeting. With some volume in her usual low voice, she makes herself heard against the wind. "Konnichiwa! This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, shiotome and heir to the Otaku. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 2:19 pm

Tomonaga heard and spotted the rider, of course. It would have been impossible not to. He doesn't actually recognize her until she drew closer, however; Tomonaga's eyes widened just a bit. As she drew up, he stood, his eyebrows going up ever so slightly as she dismounted.

"Good afternoon, Otaku-sama." He said respectfully. "It's a pleasure to meet you at last; I've seen your name in the official standings, of course." He bowed low. "I'm Yasuki Tomonaga. I hope this afternoon is treating you well." The expression on his handsome features is one of polite interest.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 pm

She nods again, tying Gekko to one of the tree branches after sweeping her eyes over the vast selections of herbs and whatnots. "It is. I love a cool breeze in a warm day. Fortunes bless us."

Kitakuhime approaches and kneels to look at the inventory holding her hair. After a while, she looks up to him with inquisitive eyes –– and a lowered tone in her voice, now that they are nearer. "Eto, Yasuki-san. I am curious: what is all this for?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 3:21 pm

"It is very nice, huh?" Tomonaga said agreeably. He watched as the Otaku approached, examining his collection.

He leaned a little closer to hear Kitakuhime's quite words. "Ummm... here. Why don't you join me, and I'll do my best to explain?" He gestured to where she was already kneeling, and knelt down himself across the small rock from her. "So... I hope you've heard by now that my family brews and sells sake. Golden Carp?" He gave her a smile. "If you haven't, I haven't been doing my duty properly."

He gestured at the collection of herbs and things. "So... the flavor in sake can be altered by adding little bits and pieces of things, like herbs. These are things that seem to be used in Unicorn food, or drink, or... whatever's happening tonight. I'm experimenting with them a bit to see if anything might make a good addition to sake." His smile twisted. "So far... it's kinda hard to say."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 pm

She nods, genuinely interested, looking to this hands over the items as he explains. Kitakuhime manages to lace her hair into a knot, and then places her arms over her lap. At his question, the girls can't hide the fact she was ignorant about it with a tiny little raise of her eyebrows and a flat smile. "Gomen. I haven't heard about it, no. But I find it very interesting. Is Yasuki-san thinking in brewing something different with these samples?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 3:37 pm

"Mmmm... probably not actually brewing anything different. Although I'd love to try making some kumis sometime." He gave her a quick smile. "But sake is really what my family specializes in."

"So..." He waved his hand at the things. "Sake is made from fermenting rice. But you can put a little of something in there to infuse it with other flavors, make it taste a little fruity, or spicy, or something like that."

He gave her another smile. "As it happens, I have some of my sake here, Otaku-sama. Would you care to try it? I think you'll enjoy it."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 3:45 pm

"Oh no. I shouldn't waste Yasuki-san's sake." She shakes her head, dismissing the idea. "Airag, or kumis, is rather easy. Milk the mare, put content in the leather bag, punch until it is done."

She smiles back to him. "Not my drink of preference, though."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 4:00 pm

"Mmm." Tomonaga looked ever so slightly disappointed. "Yes, I've heard about that. I think maybe I'll give it a try on my way back home. I want something to surprise my family with."

His eyebrows went up. "Oh? Can I ask, what is your drink of choice, Otaku-sama? You've got me interested." His brown eyes are bright as he looks at her carefully, studying her...

-------

Yasuki technique! Commerce/perception, +1 FR, D9 EA: 5d10o10k3+5 39. Resisted with etiquette/awareness. If I win, PM me a material good or service you desire. Just for fun, mostly!
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 4:12 pm

"I do enjoy sake, Yasuki-san, Please do not be ofended. It is just a bit early to drink, is it not?" She tries to brighten him up. "The first one I tried was at the Wall. They... Kuni, yes. Made me drink a lot to purify me from the our time traveling. It took some time to purify. Gladly it was no indulgence, as they said."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 4:17 pm

"Right." Tomonaga nodded. "That makes sense. That's certainly a big thing with the Crab. The Kuni especially. They..." As he continued to study her, and to weigh her words, his speech slowed, growing more cautious. He swallowed. "They have a very important duty. While the Hida protect from the danger without, the Kuni help us from the danger within."

His gaze dropped for a few moments, then went back up, searching for Kitakuhime's eyes. "Otaku-sama..." He offered slowly. "When you were there, did they tell you of any of the dangers of... of what they deal with? It's not something that most samurai are comfortable talking about. But it is important." His lips curled up into a smile. "Of course, I don't mean to bring you down. This is a pleasant night, and you're pleasant company. But..." He shrugged. "It is important stuff."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 4:28 pm

She inhales deeply and nods. "While they have not mentioned, I had the displeasure of learning days later." Kitakuhime looks to the tree above them. "I admire the courage of the Crab. Even against an insurmountable shadow, they stand. Like this tree: strong and resistant body, with green, light-seeking leaves that feeds life to the whole structure."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 pm

"Thank you for your kind words, Otaku-sama." Tomonaga said. His lips opened, then closed again. He'd been about to continue to dance cautiously around the subject, but it suddenly occurred to him that he might not have to.

"Otaku-sama..." He began. "Can I say, one thing that I really admire about your clan is how honest and forthright they are. Genuine is the word I've been using for it. I think that's something that your clan and mine has in common, actually. Now, I've been trained to use courtly talk, and I can certainly do it, but if I'm given the choice, I prefer to be straightforward and honest. Would you agree that that's generally the better way?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon May 01, 2017 5:37 pm

She nods, "Certainly, as long as Yasuki-san takes no offense in my the sincere bluntness I may offer, avoiding issues we should not discuss, of course."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Tomonaga gave another seated bow. "Of course, Otaku-sama. Let me reassure you on both counts. I understand the need for discretion in some matters, and I am very difficult to offend, even without giving special permission. Please, you may say what you'd like to me, how you like."

Again, his lips opened, closed, biting off the words he'd been about to say. Should he begin, or she? It was hard to tell. He hesitated, the decision quickly leaving his hands.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Next

Return to The Western Fields