(D9 LE) Dinner with the Wrong Soshi

(D9 LE) Dinner with the Wrong Soshi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 am

Yue wandered around the streets in her kimono, searching for Soshi Yuuru. Though they had not had their horseback riding lessons, they had agreed to have dinner at a location of her choosing.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D9 LE) Dinner with the Wrong Soshi

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 am

Yuuru arrived promptly and nodded a greeting to the Shinjo.

"Good evening Shinjo-san. Thanks for coming!"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 am

"Konbanwa, Soshi-san." She bowed to him and then shook her head. "Iie. It is no trouble. Shall we?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:40 am

He nodded and let the innkeeper lead them to a table where they could eat.

"How have you been since we last met?" He asked warmly once they were situated.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:51 am

"I have been well. I am happy that I got to keep a puppy." Yue smirked. "I left him under care at my yurt. However, I will be glad to have you meet him one day."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:55 am

He smiled and nodded, "I'd be happy to. What did you name him?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 4:07 am

"Gon." Yue smiled. "He is swift on his feet. On the bridge, it appeared that he did not even touch it. He sped across it as if it was nothing. If he had taken a wrong step, he would have fallen into the mud."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 4:07 am

He chuckled, "A story for the ages."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 4:32 am

The Shinjo let out a small laugh. "I do not think he is worthy of such praise, Soshi-san. He is a puppy. He is not a mythical figure." She shook her head playfully. "However, he may believe he is such. He certainly has the energy of a legend." The Unicorn became slightly more serious. "If you want to praise an animal, you should praise the steeds of my Clan."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 4:41 am

He smiled, "I really should. They're quite impressive to see. I had a bit of a ride last night on one. Truly quite amazing. It must be hard at times to control them with only one arm, no?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 am

"Oh?" Yue tilted her head. "Who lent you the horse? Regardless, gomennasai. I did not give you a lesson beforehand."

She looked to her one arm and then shrugged. "I have received many comments of that sort, Soshi-san. I use the reins when I am riding outside of combat. Otherwise, I use a mix of vocal commands and body motions."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:00 pm

He nodded, "Most impressive. From what I hear the connection between a Unicorn warrior and their horse is more than just simple commands... I'm sure you have tapped into that potential."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:14 pm

"Hai. I suppose much of it is reflex by now. At times I have found it difficult to teach the basics because they are ingrained in my memory." Yue scratched the back of her head. "What are we eating here?" she asked with a curiosity that hinted towards her great appetite.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 3:17 pm

He looked down, "These are called spring rolls. They have a combination of vegetables and noodles on the inside. They are an appetizer before the food. I've ordered some ramen if that is alright."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon May 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Yue shrugged and then laughed. "Food is food," she said with a warm smile. "Itadakimasu!" And with that, she immediately stuffed a spring roll into her mouth. It was a bit warmer than she expected but she was able to tough it out.

No, what was worse was the situation she realized she was in. Just earlier she had had a conversation with the Kaiu about his undying love for her. Is getting dinner together romantic? This man? No, we only spoke for a bit. It can't be the same way again, can it?

She swallowed her food and looked down. "Oishii desu," she said, obviously a bit anxious.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village