Time With Pup [Day 8, Late Afternoon]

Re: Time With Pup [Day 8, Late Afternoon]

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 pm

"No," she said, stopping herself from shaking her head. Deciding to speak simpler, it was easier this way. "Treat us as friends, spend time among us, and you will know all you need to know. I cannot condense that to a small amount of words. More than that you would have to ask someone else Shoshuro-sama, I am not trained in our histories to be able to explain what the Unicorn are in mere words."

"You should know that the Unicorn are doing everything they can to accept and understand your world by experiencing of your developed culture. My point is that in order to get what you seek you need to do no less."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Yawarakai frowned slightly as he listened to her speak. Once she was done, his mouth retook it's easy smile once more with a nod.

"Hai, that I think I understand. Don't be just a visitor, neh? Well, I'm not much for riding horses but I do plan on meeting people. People are who you make ties to as a person, and names and ideas cease being so casually monolithic once you have a face to put them to and a mind to join with, neh? If this is what you're asking, then I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps, if you'd like, I can send you some spices if that sounds good. I carry them with me when I travel, just in case. My family's cuisine is not the Rokugani norm either.... it's warm, well rounded, and complex. A decent metaphor, I suppose, for the way that many view us."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:24 pm

"Uh huh," she said, nodding her head a little. Suteichi's words she always seemed managed to get wrapped up in. While here Yawarakai was largely managing to just tie knots. As far as Liu Fei's perception could manage.

"If you would like, Shoshuro-sama, I see no reason to object."
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:36 pm

"I'll wrap them up and have them sent over tonight," he said with a smile and a nod.

"What sort of things do you like Shinjo-san? I know I've spoken a decent amount about food, but other than that I don't know much about you besides your dedication to your family and the purposes of the miai."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:47 pm

"I find most of my enjoyment in my time riding with my Companion, Gokiburi and when I have the moment to train myself," she answered, offering a shrug. "Simple pleasures, I know, but they are the easiest to come by."

With that she gave a little glance to either of the others there. Meanwhile her puppy seemed intent on ramming his head against Fei's leg until it moved. It did not.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 pm

"Train yourself with what, if you don't mind me asking? The sword, the bow, a naginata? Something less common perhaps?" he said leaning forward a little with curiousity.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Something about Yawarakai had Fei raising a brow, still she answered wholly, "I train with the Naginata, personally. It was after I witnessed a display with a similar weapon that I asked my Sensei to teach me how to wield a Naginata as a Shinjo."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 pm

"Ah," he said with a smile, "I love the naginata. It's such an elegant weapon. It's something that I enjoy working with, though it's mainly a way to keep active for me. I wouldn't claim to be extremely proficient with it. Still, far more enjoyable than lifting rocks or something like that, neh?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 01, 2017 2:56 am

"Far more," she agreed on that point and saw an opening. "Perhaps, if you would like it, you could join me for a spar once in the coming days? It has been some time since I have been able to spar off against another Naginata wielder. There are some bamboo sticks set up within the Dojo, we could likely make use of those."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 am

"I'd be happy to," he smiled agreeably, "though I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm not very good with it and I would in no way be a challenge for you. If you need that, then I'll have to ask youll have to pardon me. If an admirer and shared experience is enough though, then let's indeed."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 am

"I do not intend to seek a challenge, no, just another that I could spar off of instead of my usual daily practice. It should prove refreshing, Shoshuro-sama. Shall you send me word when it is most agreeable for yourself then?"
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Mon May 01, 2017 3:52 am

"Hai, I will," he agreed.

"Until then?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 01, 2017 3:57 am

"Until then, Shoshuro-sama," she said with a bow of the head.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts