Why Must I Always Be Waiting On Yu (D9, EE)

Why Must I Always Be Waiting On Yu (D9, EE)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:03 am

Yuuru received a note from Yukarin at the start of the day asking for him to meet her at the shrine that evening. The events of the past few days made him a little bit concerned what it may be about. From all indications it appeared that Yukarin was the most eligible bachelorette around. Yuuru started to wonder if what he was would be enough for her.

And so as he stood at the shrine's entrance he waited for his partner to arrive, half worried and half excited.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Re: Why Must I Always Be Waiting On Yu (D9, EE)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 2:09 am

The sun was at Yukarin's back as she walked towards the Shrine, not yet low enough to start streaking the sky with colours but low enough to make her shadow low in front of her. Seeing a familiar shape already there she smiled to herself and picked up her walking pace, waving as she approached even if she knew such was not very familiar here back in the Empire.

"Goood evening, Yuuru-san. How has your day been so far?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:11 am

He smiled and nodded, "Infinitely better now that you're here Yukarin-san."

He bowed warmly, "How are you feeling today?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 2:14 am

"Better..."

She gives a small sigh but her smile doesn't leave, "Just a little bit under the weather yesterday; Had a meal with some courtiers from other Clans and they forgot to mention they had something called 'oysters' in the soup... Fortunately I had a very understanding puppy to watch over me while my stomach recovered."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 am

He smiled, "If you had sent me a notice I could have come and helped. I even have thumbs to carry stuff around for you."

He chuckled.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 am

A soft chuckle, "I would say you would have been a distraction from getting the rest I needed... but no more so than the puppy I suppose. Not that he wasn't the perfect gentleman in cuddling with me even though I was being finicky and gross."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:26 am

He chuckled, "Now you're just trying to make me even more jealous of that puppy. I thought I'd only be competing with the droves of men who are your admirers, I didn't think I'd be bested by a dog though."

He laughed warmly.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 2:31 am

Her hands went to her hips, "Come come... if I was to end up with you and found myself deprived of the ability to get a cat, surely you wouldn't deprive me of a fuzzy little dog at least. Right?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:35 am

He chuckled and smiled, "A whole kennel of them if it'd make you happy."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 am

"Mmm... and children and puppies make great companions..."

Nodding to herself Yukarin drifted over to a bit of masonry and took a half seat, hands going behind her on the broken limestone pillar.

"Did you train your own dog then yesterday?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:41 am

He nodded, "I did. He did alright. Not well enough to place unfortunately. But I liked him; I named him Saru."

He chuckled, "A dog named 'monkey' yeah... I know, it's weird."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 2:50 am

"Could be more odd than that certainly... I named mine Fuwafuwa."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:52 am

He smiled, "I don't find that odd. It's an adorable name given by an adorable woman."

He came and sat next to her on the masonry and sat close by for several seconds.

He rubbed his hands a bit nervously and looked down at his feet.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon May 01, 2017 2:56 am

Without even bothering to look around for other pairs of eyes Yukarin leaned in to Yuuru, her side touching his even if she resisted the temptation to fully lean against him in such a public place, "...only one more sunset left, hm..."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 2:59 am

He smiled weakly and looked up to her as he felt her lean in, "I hope not..."

He slowly moved his eyes back to the horizon where the sun was starting to drop with noticeable speed. His comment was obviously referring to more than just the miai itself.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion